Started by ThreeOhFour, Fri 18/12/2009 12:21:49

Previous topic - Next topic

david

I was  wondering why it is called  ! 

after the completing the final battle it was all clear

BTW final battle really reminds of The Shivah

great hjob as usual  ;D

Crimson Wizard

I was also wondering how would I pronounce the title... I can't choose between "Egh!" or "Mmm!!!"  ;D

ThreeOhFour

Ghost!: Hooray! I made hard puzzles for once :D. Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Also, I now regret not making !, Robot do the whole "THIS!! IS!!!!!! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!" and knocking the Count into a big pit. But hey, the pants falling down joke works as well.

Bici!:  :-*

Arjon!: YEAH!!!!! I intended ALL of those !s :D. Thanks for testing man!

Indie!: Ahahaha, at least I gave you a quick break between the two hard puzzles! Great to hear you enjoyed!

Chicky!: Hooray for 1970s wallpaper style palettes! Hope you enjoy.

Ivan!: Thanks for testing, comrade  :=. As for the pronunciation, I like to say "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH", "Shift one" or just punch the wall when I'm discussing the game. (Sadly I've yet to discuss the game :()

abibliophobe!: Awesome! I love it when people say that a game made them have a "bingo!" moment, so that's great to hear. Thanks for playing!

Leon!: Cool to hear you enjoyed, and thanks for the suggestions! I'll consider them whilst stroking my chin and sitting in my suggestion considering chair.

poc301!: And good to hear you enjoyed! I'd explain that last puzzle but I see you already got it from the other thread... and yeah, it was a bit tricky, but I stand by it. Thanks for the nice words!

Bulbapuck!: ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheJBurger!: Heh, as soon as I'd made this thread and I came back I was trying to click on the topic and I was like "GET ON THERE, LITTLE MOUSE, C'MON!  >:(".  ;D

I agree that you kinda have to guess your way around the puzzles first, but kinda hoped that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Glad you mentioned the emotions puzzle, I was actually quite proud of it when I thought it up. As for the font covering up the faces, yeah, I noticed this too but sorta left it like that because I am lazy  := Thanks for playing!

GarageGothic!: Oh noes you've seen through my evil plan! I'm still trying to figure out how I can get away with making the prequel tilde  :=

David!: Hehe, I was reminded of the Shivah as well once I made that final puzzle :). Thanks for playing!

Chicky

Ben!

I finished it, loved every puzzle and thought they were all brilliantly logical! Busting out those rhymes felt very satisfying!

Lufia

Fun little game. The 6 panel layout was a sweet idea and the puzzles were cool. I wouldn't call them hard, though, it was just about recognizing the pattern, which can take from 2 seconds to 2 hours depending on how much attention you're paying.  ;D

I'm not a sucker for the retro look and music, though. I've nothing against a limited palette as such but I prefer something in less bright colors, or a gradient. Well, the style worked anyway, so yeah.

ThreeOhFour

Chicky! (again): Hooray! I was going to make the final puzzle a boring normal dialogue but then I realized I'd set myself up for a rap battle, which I hadn't seen done before. Hooray for bustin' lines, dawg! :D

Lufia: Heh, yeah, it's all about paying attention I guess. The 6 panel layout was born from my frustration at the slow pace of some of my other games where the player spends tons of time walking and not much time solving puzzles. As for the limited palette, I pretty much tried to make it the ugliest, most 1970s wallpaper inspired style I could, mainly just for giggles. And I absolutely adore the soundtrack, I think it's the best Sebi has made for me yet  ;D

Thanks for commenting!

kaputtnik

I, object.

Ilyich

Great style, as usual! Loved the one-screen idea, the colours, the characters and Count's walkcycle! And though the final rap-battle did seem a bit frustrating after 20 minutes of bashing my head against the wall, I still managed to enjoy this little game quite a lot! Thanks! And!

Igor Hardy

After reading in the readme that the rap part required some special programming I was really getting some crazy ideas what this final puzzle is about. At one point I considered it is about tapping the dialog lines in the correct rhythm. :)

ThreeOhFour

Sebastian: .

Ilyich: Thank you sir! The Count's walkcycle was the first animation I did, and I had a lot of fun with it. Hooray for enjoyment despite frustration!

Ascovel: Ah, by that I actually meant David arranged !, Robot's voice in the actual credits song. I did write that rather badly! Hope it didn't ruin the game!

bicilotti

Don't know why but I cannot manage to download the file :(

Alternate link maybe?

ThreeOhFour

Very strange, Peder's site is usually spot on.

I put up a horrible Mediafire mirror for ya, just in case :)

DrWhite

Hey Ben, ther´s still a bunch of days left till the new year. Can we expect another game by you?  ;D

Finished ! today, it was a big lot of fun. Great puzzles, nice music and very lovely characters. Well done!

ThreeOhFour

Bahahaha! I'm working on something (of course) but it's totally unlikely that I'll be motivated enough to get it out before the year's end.

Thanks for playing, and it's great to hear you enjoyed the game!

Misj'

Nice game Ben,

although I still don't know whether I defeated Count Can't by solving the final puzzle, or merely by trying all the possibilities at random. Well...who cares, as long as I defeated him :)

And my personal opinion is, that DNA phones are pretty annoying.

ThreeOhFour

Thanks Misj'! I'm actually thinking about putting hints in that last puzzle because so many people get stuck on it, but I am glad he is defeated!

Quote from: Misj' on Mon 21/12/2009 10:03:05
And my personal opinion is, that DNA phones are pretty annoying.

So far you're only the second person to point out that you noticed this. I thought it'd be a funny little idea to see if anyone noticed it - yep, it was intentional - and only Sebastian had commented on it until now :)

Clarvalon

Yet another robot.  Nice concept, well executed.  Like a few others I seem to have fluked my way unwittingly through the last puzzle, though the closing line was especially brilliant.

The iMuse style music, with different themes to a similar piece, was also really well done.
XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

nihilyst

Yet another great little game. I like the concept and the minimalistic choice of colours. The phone puzzle was excellent :D

Dualnames

Trying to work on making my time machine work again!

Damn that Delorian!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Clarvalon: Thanks :). I really thought the music style was a good idea of Sebastian's. As for the robots - well, I guess we all have our little weaknesses.

Nihilyst: Cheers! I was pretty happy with the phone puzzles :)

Dualnames: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?   :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk