Ben's new game : ! - Order of things?

Started by poc301, Fri 18/12/2009 15:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

poc301

I am stuck on the Order of Things puzzle..  I was thinking it meant to walk to the rooms in order they are "laid out" or something, so I went from room to room using the buildings in the background and their relative position as a marker, but that didnt seem to work..

Help?

Thanks,

Bill

ThreeOhFour

Hehe

This is my favourite puzzle  :D

First of all

Spoiler
Everything you need to solve each puzzle with is contained in that puzzle's room - so you don't need to leave the park to solve the puzzle. Talk to the girl again and see what she tells you.
[close]

If you still don't get it:

Spoiler
Try talking to the other characters. One of them might provide some insight, though his clue will also be cryptic
[close]

If you're bored of working out my puzzles, and need a direct-ish answer:

Spoiler
Click on the various hotspots around the park. !, Robot will say something and the girl will reply. The key to the order of things is in her reply
[close]

If you just want the plain old answer straight out-ish

Spoiler
The last word of the girl's reply for each thing should tell you what you need to do in each order
[close]

And if you don't get it with that ;):

Spoiler
Click on the blanket, city, tree and then picnic basket in that order
[close]

Enjoy :D

poc301

I got it based on your first reply.  I missed the little thing which gives it away :)

Good game so far Ben, thanks!

-Bill

IndieBoy

I don't seem to get the whole battle scene yet. I have been trying to solve it for half an hour. Maybe I'll just sleep on it and try again. Although a little hint would be nice.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

ThreeOhFour

This is a hard one, I agree. Sadly, it's kinda hard to give you a hint without completely ruining it.

It should be fairly obvious but:

Spoiler
One of the lines will work each time, and the other two will not. There's no set order - it's worked out with randoms, so don't bother trying to look for a sequence. Instead, look at the three lines you have each time and see if you can spot something that one has that the other 2 do not.
[close]

Sadly, the next hint I have is going to pretty much be a complete spoiler:

Spoiler
Think about the game's title
[close]

Hope this helps.

Leon

It reminded me of the Shivah!
Spoiler
It had the same technique.. but with another punctuation mark... ?!
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

poc301

Ahhh...  The rap battle thing makes sense now.  I just didnt get it before.

-Bill

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Leon on Fri 18/12/2009 17:30:32
Spoiler
[close]
Same here :)
This can't be coincidence. I feel a schema behind this.

Galen

How do I phone people? I don't understand what to do :(

Leon

Press all buttons in sequence. Look carefully at the name.
Swap two buttons and look at who answers next. This should help you to figure out what 'number' to dial.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Crazy on Fri 18/12/2009 20:10:52
How do I phone people? I don't understand what to do :(

Low spoiler hint first:
Spoiler

Remember the name that soda girl gave you. Better write it somewhere and keep before your eyes.
Start calling random numbers. Observe people names. This may give you some clue
[close]

High spoiler hint:
Spoiler
Each phone key match certain letter of alphabet.
[close]

Killer spoiler:
Spoiler
2-4-3-1
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Leon on Fri 18/12/2009 17:30:32
Spoiler
[close]

Actually, wasn't the Shivah based on
Spoiler
the word "God" instead
[close]
?

Whatever the case, as soon as I designed the puzzle, I too went "Aww man, that's just like in The Shivah :(" but then I remembered I liked that puzzle heaps when I was playing the game so I decided to keep it anyway.

I actually mentioned that I was doing a rap battle for a game to Dave and he said "Anything like the religious battle in The Shivah?" and I replied with something like "It's shamelessly similar  :=".

And if we're drawing comparisons to other AGS games, the pants fally down bit is just like at the end of How Many, which I also realized after putting it into the game. At least it looks like I'm paying homage to two cool AGS games  8)

Leon

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 18/12/2009 21:41:56
Actually, wasn't the Shivah based on
Spoiler
the word "God" instead
[close]
?

Nope, it was the fact that Jewish people Rabbi
Spoiler
always say things as questions.
[close]

Quinny

Thanks for letting me know there was a puzzle at the end. I just happened to click on all the right answers in my first go! :)

Dave Gilbert

Hah!  Brilliant, Ben.  The solution to the last puzzle was stupidly simple and yet extremely subtle. I really liked the style and look of the thing.  The movement between the various scenes was quite slick indeed.  Very well made!

-Dave

ThreeOhFour

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk