The Case of the Renegade Raccoon

Started by Dark Link, Wed 16/12/2009 15:30:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Link

I am pleased to announce my first AGS game...

THE CASE OF THE RENEGADE RACCOON

Game Overview:

The Case of the Renegade Raccoon is a single player intuitive point and click detective adventure game set in Victorian London. Amongst the hustle and bustle of the city, a separate community of animals live in parallel with their human counterparts. When an immigrant raccoon is used as a scapegoat (okay, scaperaccoon) for murder by the humans for a crime he did not commit, it is up to you, Detective Nathaniel McFox, a country fox more at home detecting lost acorns for the squirrels than trying to solve a murder in the big smoke, to clear his name.
Play through a series of stylised environments to find clues and unravel the true story behind these events.

The game is played in first person and the only way to actually see what Nathaniel looks like is to find the secret room (oooooh, exciting!)

Here are a couple of screenshots, all the (medicore) artwork is drawn in Flash

Development Progress:

Story: 95%
Scripting: 15%
Graphics: 15%
Sound/Music: 15%

For more information on the game visit my website: http://darklinkgames.com/id2.html or follow progress on twitter @DarkLinkGames
"That's not a novel, it's the scribblings of a retard"

Chicky

No comments yet? I'll see to that!

Your game looks brilliant Dark Link and the characters have a lot of charm! I really like the idea of the secret room, clever idea ;) Are you planning on switching to a third person style for this room or will it simply have a mirror on the wall?

Keep at it!

Dark Link

Thanks Chicky, the plan is for the secret room to be in Nathaniel McFox's house in which there will be a photo or 2 of him and his family.

I'll warn you though, it won't be easy to find but I hope it will be worth it!

m0ds

Yes indeed, good luck with this! The graphics though simple seem fine, and remind me of childrens story books which is nice. Should be interesting :)

Dark Link

Merry Christmas from Ricky and Watson!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk