Module: FOG v1.00 - Create FOG in your AGS games!

Started by Dualnames, Fri 01/01/2010 17:49:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesray

THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Freidenker01

yet another dead downloadlink  :(
Anybody got a working download?

Meystari F

Turn on page 2. 

The link given there still works. ;)

Creamy

There  are only links to test games on page 2, not to the module itself.

If someone still owns it, I'm interested too.

Monsieur OUXX

...And that's a module by Dualnames, namely the guy who keeps a huge database of all existing modules:wink:

Dualnames

And.... http://duals.agser.me/Modules/FOG_v1.0.rar

Sorry, I've missed to update this one. Thanks for pointing it out.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Creamy

Thank you Dualnames, my game looks really badass now  :-D

However I still have a "slight" problem : the module only works in the first room of my game. I can't call it in any other room.
I have tried to put the code in "global script", it changes nothing.
If I tell my 10 foggy characters to go to another room,  it doesn't work either.

Any idea, please?

nightmarer

Hello all.

Seems that the download link is broken.
Is anybody available to provide me the module?

Regards.

TheVolumeRemote

Bumping to see if anyone has the module or can recommend something in its place. Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: TheVolumeRemote on Sat 03/06/2023 23:44:45Bumping to see if anyone has the module or can recommend something in its place. Thanks!

You can relatively easily make a fog using room objects, characters or room overlays (since AGS 3.6.0). Place various "fog" sprites on them and set them to varied level of transparency.

Mehrdad

Quote from: TheVolumeRemote on Sat 03/06/2023 23:44:45Bumping to see if anyone has the module or can recommend something in its place. Thanks!

I'm not sure works with the last version.
Here you are
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8lwagcq9vsuuwkbldb7it/FOG_v1.0.rar?dl=0&rlkey=kni2qkrtoezk1b6ta0ddv6qhg
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

TheVolumeRemote

Wow thank you so so much Mehrdad, I really appreciate you taking time to find and link this for me  :)
Quote from: Mehrdad on Sun 04/06/2023 08:59:36

I'm not sure works with the last version.
Here you are
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8lwagcq9vsuuwkbldb7it/FOG_v1.0.rar?dl=0&rlkey=kni2qkrtoezk1b6ta0ddv6qhg

TheVolumeRemote

Thank you as always CW, and since it's you I should take this time to ask- I'm nearing the end of my games dev, I've built it in 3.5.0.27-P5 and I just assume I should not try to update but then Grundislav said he updated mid Rosewater and well, you would know best, do you think it would be pretty painless to update? I wouldn't do it just for fog- I kind of assume the module wouldn't be ideal (too curious not to ask) so I planned on handling it as an object but there's a lot of other neat things to utilize in 3.6....

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 04/06/2023 00:08:35

You can relatively easily make a fog using room objects, characters or room overlays (since AGS 3.6.0). Place various "fog" sprites on them and set them to varied level of transparency.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: TheVolumeRemote on Sun 04/06/2023 19:10:05Thank you as always CW, and since it's you I should take this time to ask- I'm nearing the end of my games dev, I've built it in 3.5.0.27-P5 and I just assume I should not try to update but then Grundislav said he updated mid Rosewater and well, you would know best, do you think it would be pretty painless to update? I wouldn't do it just for fog- I kind of assume the module wouldn't be ideal (too curious not to ask) so I planned on handling it as an object but there's a lot of other neat things to utilize in 3.6....

I'd like to avoid any misunderstanding, 3.6.0 only added room overlays. Prior to 3.6.0 you could use room objects and characters for this.

As for upgrading, 3.6.0 seem to be quite stable, there have not been new serious bug reports in the past few months (knocking on wood). But some things have changed, and you may have to play with backwards compatibility settings (or not, depending on what you have in your game).

TheVolumeRemote

Thank you as always for taking time out of your day to answer and help! It was the backwards compatibility I was worried about so I'll probably stay on 3.5, the bigger this game gets the less cavalier I feel lol thank you, cheers!

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 04/06/2023 19:27:02
Quote from: TheVolumeRemote on Sun 04/06/2023 19:10:05I'd like to avoid any misunderstanding, 3.6.0 only added room overlays. Prior to 3.6.0 you could use room objects and characters for this.
As for upgrading....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk