Colouring Ball Jan 2 - Jan 9: A flutter (Winners Announced)

Started by Macay, Sat 02/01/2010 10:40:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Macay

Picture yourself a man who cannot sleep, he stares out his window at nights in the hope to see something of the otherworld, something that cannot be properly explained through the meagre means of man. On this auspicious night in question our good man sees something flutter, what it is he cannot say, to what means it stays in the air he cannot explain. The only thing he knows is that it is not of this world but that it can only herald from that which the human animal calls the unknown. So what is it?

Rules:
- The outline may be rotated or mirrored but not scaled
- The outline may not be altered
- Keep all of the content inside of the shape
- A colour background can be added if you wish
- No colour limitations

Trophies:

Supplied by Poyer

Dataflashsabot

Without background:

Jim Reed

IMP Allstar National Basketball Association team logo!

Gudforby

It's Murray the Demonic Scull! Now upgraded with a prosthetic nose, feets with tennis socks and a mind-blowing new Wave(TM) headset with ultra bass and a radio transmitter at the top.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh

Darius Poyer

some interesting entires so far.

@Jim Reed
I think you've overstepped the guideleines a bit there, no colour and an over-elaborate background. still, it looks good, well defined with its shapes.

I'll try to make an entry for this at some point as well, i think i have a decent idea.

Atelier

Jim Reed

Ah, I think I overdid it anyway.
Never mind, not likely I'll win ;)

Darius Poyer

The flutter was the final flutter of a dying bird, infected by the spiral.

Domino

Nice entries everybody. I really need to start drawing again and enter the coloring ball. I used to enter every one, but that has been awhile.

I'll reserve this space for now.

Dark Link

The man peers out over the meadow, knelt upon the moist grass a curious creature with the build of a woman yet wings of a bird, her face concealed, can be see praying to the starry sky...

Original:

3X Zoom:

"That's not a novel, it's the scribblings of a retard"

xenophon

Flying through the air he spotted the decapitated rotting head of a zombie, axe blade freshly embedded, blood everywhere - no doubt hurled past his window by the new village catapult.
Well, maybe NOW he & all the other villagers could get some sleep, knowing that the axe & catapult were sound investments & had done their job.
Everyone was safe - no more brain-eating zombie.

Twirlly

This past Christmas Eve as Santa used his magic dust to fly back up a chimney, some accidentally fell on a Christmas stocking hanging on the fireplace. So as Saint Nick flew up to the roof, he was soon followed by the stocking which had come to life with a little boy's toy boat still in tow. The stocking might have caught up with Santa and even have made it to the North Pole if it hadn't flown too low and ran into some bushes, which left it with a thorn lodged near it's arch, making it impossible for it to get a good jump off the ground to fly high altitudes. It's been flapping it's magical wings ever since flying slowly north barely hovering above ground. Poor poor little stocking  :( ... Santa should really be more careful smh.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Twirlly

A beautiful maiden cruses by so quickly on flying carpet leaving behind only a look of awe and unbelief. It's truly something from another land which must be filled with magic.

Macay

If only I had a gong to sound this one off with, instead you'll have to imagine one in your head, when you are done do read the announced winners.

Third Place goes to xenophon for working the story in an amusing fashion and making the most appealing of the skull figures.
Second Place goes to Twirllys maiden entry, great use of the space and surprisingly imaginative.
First Place goes to Darius Poyer for an excellent entry, the colouring is astounding and the use of space is unprecedented, by all accounts a gorgeous entry, and with it Poyer gets to host the next colouring ball.

Quite a good turn out this time around and some pleasant entries, lovely trophies too, grab them at your leisure.

Darius Poyer

Thank you Macay, i will have a new contest started soon.

Twirlly

Yay, thanks Macay, glad to see my relentless sickness that kept me up all night paid off with me churning out a second entry. Great work Darius... now turning on the think tank for your cb.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk