MUSIC Competition 8th Jan-20th: When the World Ends (Winner Announced!)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 08/01/2010 18:18:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Description: Imagine the world is ending before your very eyes. How would you depict this, if you had an orchestra at that moment.

Rules:
-Every music format and style is allowed.
-Duration: any allowed
-Covers of famous songs are allowed.

Ideas:

I'm always thinking of Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful world. If the world ended, i'd have it play!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Haddas

:.

::

I'm sorry if it sounds a bit unfinished. It's all I had time with BEFORE THE WORLD ENDED

FSi++

Something13

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Wyz

This competition inspired me to write a piano piece, but I had no time to really finish it so I improvised halfway through the song. I'm still quite happy with the result.  :D

At a worlds end:
http://www.box.net/shared/8cca6xskjt
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Dualnames

Some comp here! Thanks to all of you guys. I'm not much into technical stuff, so I won't go into much detail. First of all excellent entries all!

I enjoyed the last three the most to be honest. They were  more to my idea of what should play when the world ends. The other entries seemed to catch the topic with no less quality.

So tough call, but:
1st Place
Wyz: You wouldn't have won a second ago. I was about to post the winner, but I pressed preview... :D

2nd Place
nihylist: Wonderful entry, I could hear it and imagine stars falling and people getting killed.

3rd Place
Something13: Total perfection! All i have to say! Too short though, and it feels you could have made a better quality on the selection of organs. But well done overall!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Wyz

Wow, I didn't expect that, and that was close lol :D
There are some really nice entries there!

I'll be devising the next competition. ;D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk