John Sinclair- Voodoo in London(NEW DEMO!)

Started by Digital Mosaic Games, Sun 17/01/2010 20:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Mosaic Games

Thank you neon! This could be helpful :)

splat44

Well, I hope I am not digging old post.

Anyways, I've found the following:

Spoiler
Each time I look at medalion that museum curator is wearing, it seems points keep in increasing
[close]

Should that happens?

Yes, an english version will be helpful, of course, I am speaking dialog and text in general.

Great game and it certainly remind of Gabriel Knight.

Digital Mosaic Games

Thank you!
That´s something I must change.

splat44

Thank NEON-GAMES!

Inside house (entering bed room):

Spoiler
I know we can use open icon on curtain to enter room, however, I found we can exit bed room by simply clicking on curtain without icons showing up).
Therefore, why not enter bed room same way as we exit?
[close]

Spoiler
while left-clicking to bring up icons, character is moving or walking a bit
[close]

Warnings file create while playing game:
Spoiler
(in room 20): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
(in room 20): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
(in room 4): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
(in room 4): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
(in room 6): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
(in room 6): Warning: ChangeCharacterView was used while the view was fixed - call ReleaseCharView first
[close]
Can you make since of this?

Question:
Spoiler
Is building(bar) next to museum being use in demo? I see an exit cursor there but cannot enter it.
Is there an end to this demo, so far I've done all possible thing. it will help to get some hints though!
[close]

Digital Mosaic Games

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 14/02/2010 00:00:31
Thank NEON-GAMES!

Inside house (entering bed room):

Spoiler
I know we can use open icon on curtain to enter room, however, I found we can exit bed room by simply clicking on curtain without icons showing up).
Therefore, why not enter bed room same way as we exit?
[close]

Spoiler
while left-clicking to bring up icons, character is moving or walking a bit
[close]

Warnings file create while playing game:
Spoiler
[close]
Can you make since of this?

Question:
Spoiler
Is building(bar) next to museum being use in demo? I see an exit cursor there but cannot enter it.
Is there an end to this demo, so far I've done all possible thing. it will help to get some hints though!
[close]

Thanks for the hints. I could make the Bedroom-Exit thing but unforunately I don´t know how to fix this little walking from John when the Verbcoin(Iconbar) is going to be shown :(.

The entrance in the Museum isn´t walkable but it will.
Imagine that there is a door or a wall in front of it.

By the way the playable intro-story is still in production.
There will be some features:
-of course the extra playable intro-story
-Screenshot-Saving
-first Puzzle-Game!(maybe I´ll publish a template of it ;))
-New music(only if the music is complete made)

If the intro story is finished I´ll make a demo from it but this can take a view time.

Digital Mosaic Games

Hi there!

The Intro-Play is still in production. Here is a little foretaste:

Grim

Beautiful graphics! My favourite is the zombie face coming out of the dark...:) Call me a weirdo but I really like this sort of stuff. Keep up the good work!

Digital Mosaic Games

Quote from: Grim on Sun 28/03/2010 12:43:21
Beautiful graphics! My favourite is the zombie face coming out of the dark...:) Call me a weirdo but I really like this sort of stuff. Keep up the good work!
John Sinclair is a series of horror-novels. So the game will be a horror-adventure(I try to keep it creepy). ;)
But it will not be splatter-game because I think the most adventuregamers don´t like too bloody stuff.
The zombie face will be used as a "shocker-face" in a dream-sequence.(There are more as one shocker-faces.)

Dualnames

You're a weirdo, but that's not the proof. :P

On-topic, seconded, The game looks definitely interesting! You've put some great work on it!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Quote from: NEON-GAMES on Sun 28/03/2010 13:18:57
John Sinclair is a series of horror-novels. So the game will be a horror-adventure(I try to keep it creepy). ;)
But it will not be splatter-game because I think the most adventuregamers don´t like too bloody stuff.
The zombie face will be used as a "shocker-face" in a dream-sequence.(There are more as one shocker-faces.)

I find it's an awful shame actually... Not that there's anything wrong with pirate/detective themed adventure games 'cos we all know and love them, but I really don't think this sort of correctness when it comes to gore and violence must always take place.... I suppose the main reason for that is that people who play adventure games are often older and more mature and they've grown out of getting excited seeing pointless bloodshed on their screens...but when the violence is there to prove a point in the story then that should be ok, shouldn't it?:)

Another reason, as I have recently discovered, is that there are a lot of women playing adventure games. They seem to avoid this kind of stuff. Well, most of them, anyway.

But, my point is, please don't cut on the gore just because you think people won't like it. Just do it the way you think will be best and be true to yourself! :)

SarahLiz

I'm a woman, bring on the gore & guts!!!   ;D

Dualnames

Is there going to be at least a translation for the demo? I'd love to try it out and actually understand something.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Digital Mosaic Games

Quote from: SarahLiz on Wed 31/03/2010 03:07:21
I'm a woman, bring on the gore & guts!!!   ;D
At the end of the "Introplay" there will be a bloody ceremony.
I try to keep it creepy. ;)
Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 31/03/2010 03:09:42
Is there going to be at least a translation for the demo? I'd love to try it out and actually understand something.
When the whole game is completed I want to have english subtitles for the game but at first it´ll be in german language.
For the upcoming BETA-Demo english subtitles are possible but I haven´t a translation yet.

PS: Where´s my Zombie-Screenshot???? Am I the only one who can´t see it?

arj0n

Grim

Zombie is gone!  :o

I miss him already.... :(

Frodo

I'm also a woman, and I want the guts and gore   ;D

Digital Mosaic Games

Look! The Zombie is there again! :D

Grim

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 31/03/2010 22:22:04
I'm also a woman, and I want the guts and gore   ;D

Frodo...you're a woman?...
Also, I'm still missing the zombie...EDIT: Creeped back in when I wasn't looking...:) That's cheeky!

Two strange sentences I thought I'd never use in one post, yet they are on topic!

Frodo

Quote from: Grim on Wed 31/03/2010 22:38:47
Frodo...you're a woman?...
Hehe, yep.  Well, last time I checked, anyway.   ;)

discordance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk