CRYPTIC - (Who will be the first to solve it?) (Version1.1)

Started by LRH, Sun 24/01/2010 23:03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

Here it is!
If you want it....

You can get it from my website:
http://domithan.com/?page_id=58

Or from the games database:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=&action=detail&id=1272&refresh1264373953

Have lots of fun. Don't go too crazy trying to figure it out.
Best of luck.
Although there may be a small prize for the first to get it done...who knows.

EDIT: Forgot to mention a few things.
There was a small bug, for the first few who downloaded it, there's a no bug version out now. Sorry about that....
The hint system is actually giving you a hint, I promise (until your character breaks down for the last few riddles.)
Also, for riddles later on in the game, google will be your friend!

Grim

I think I was the first one to download this... I thought: great, I'm gonna crack this and get the reward!

And then I got stuck on the first puzzle...:) It's damn good though!!! I just wish I was a tiny bit cleverer...:) I'm going to have to think about it a bit longer...

LRH

Thanks! That means a lot to me, I'm really hoping for two cups, it's my second game ever actually. All I can say is: READ very carefully. The first puzzle is much easier than you may think.

david

:D yaba-daba - doooooo  ;D

It is finally out, that is unbelievable
YES, it is out

gonna get my brain workin

EDIT: holy crap: it must be so easy, right in front of my eyes should be the answer, but I am so stupid to see it, I think I am thinking too difficult. Damn me...great game Domithan  ;D

Grim

Can I have another hint?... I mean, don't tell me what the answer is, just a little clue to stop me banging my head against the wall...:)

Sythe

Quote from: Grim Reaper on Mon 25/01/2010 12:07:50
Can I have another hint?... I mean, don't tell me what the answer is, just a little clue to stop me banging my head against the wall...:)

The answer has nothing to do with the numbers (neither numeric nor non-numeric). The seven sevens nines blah blah is a red herring. Repeat the question and read all the other text instead. Read it literally.

Sythe

Quote from: Domithan on Sun 24/01/2010 23:03:05
Here it is!
If you want it....

You can get it from my website:
http://domithan.com/?page_id=58

Or from the games database:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=&action=detail&id=1272&refresh1264373953

There's a bug in puzzle 18. "Repeat" repeats the sequence from puzzle 17. The bug doesn't appear anywhere else I can see.

LRH

Ugh. Wow. Sorry about that. Uploading fixed version right now....

But...you've gotten that far already? o.O

Bulbapuck

okay, 2nd puzzle, hint please :P
Spoiler
The only thin I can figure out is that some combinations give the message
"(GAH...no, that's not quite right...think think think)"
instead of the standard one

And I've listed them:
h , a , as , all , it , i , its (and consequently also it's)
[close]
As I'm apperently going mental here I would appreciate a clue :)

Leon

@Bulbapuck:

Look at the picture and try to find words to describe it....
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Bulbapuck

Quote from: Leon on Mon 25/01/2010 14:38:27
@Bulbapuck:

Look at the picture and try to find words to describe it....
Eeeeevil clue :P thanks though! Maybe I'll solve it some other day.

I'm apperently too stupid for this game.. I like it though! Good job!

Snake

lol, I fully agree with Bulbapuck.

Could I have another hint to the first puzzle?

Spoiler
The only thing I can think of is that the "riddle" given is like a cryptogram?
[close]

This game is very nice, I love the music in it and I love just having to solve riddles... eventhough I haven't solved any yet ;)

Very nice game, Dom. It's something I can "pick at" every now and again.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Leon

Nope, not at all. Just look at the hint section...

Nice game. Reminded me a bit of "The Stone" I used to play. And all you have to do in this game is ...
Spoiler
open the door.
[close]

Some solutions could have been handled a bit more flexible I think... and the text you write a bit more visible in some occasions. Maybe you can take the color of the background into account when choosing the font color?

Found another bug... When you press F9 to restart, there's no way to give an answer. Since you don't have a mouse cursor and the keys won't work you have to crash the game and start all over. Effect is the same but not very elegant... ;-)

Furthermore, the bug with puzzle 18 gave me the solution because...
Spoiler
when I count correctly and the first puzzle is room 1, the next room you encounter should be 18, not 19 since the question is asked in room 17... or am I wrong somewhere? Nevermind. I can't count properly.  
[close]
See? I'm too stupid for these games..  ;D

david

It reminds me the DOORS logic game, really challenging piece http://www.greenteainteractive.hu.cz/work/vch/doors/doors_1_0.rar
try it also if you have nerves
I suppose that this isnt to stay here, so move it wherever you want  :D

@domithan
BTW Excellent music

Crimson Wizard

Thread title mentions version 1.1, but both links in first post lead to version 1.0 download.

Snake

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 25/01/2010 15:50:00
Thread title mentions version 1.1, but both links in first post lead to version 1.0 download.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Also, sometimes while holding shift to capitalize the first letter in the text box, it doesn't respond until the next letter is typed in.

LRH

Oh, sorry about that. It IS the fixed version, I promise. I'd just forgotten to edit the version number.

Also, I'm stunned that some of you have beaten it so quickly! (has anyone beaten it? If we can confirm the first I can award them...)  Anyways, for those of you who have gotten that far, don't be too quick to give away the answers, now. :P

I want to drive at least a FEW people nuts.

Snake

Leon, have you? By your last post I was thinking that you had it completed :)

Leon

LRH

Wow. I'm really, truly impressed. Kinda sad, too! I was hoping it would be longer that before someone beat it :P I suppose that makes you the first. I guess I'll give the award to whoever the first one is to send me each answer, just to make sure they've done it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk