The wife who wasn't there

Started by Sayhello-hello, Mon 26/04/2010 16:25:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayhello-hello

Hi everyone,

I just finished my very first game (third try) using the AGS engine. I hope you enjoy it and I would love to get some feedback on it so I can improve in the future. :)

The wife who wasn't there
The inattentive husband returns home one ordinary day only to find that his wife has gone missing.
Hmm...
He seems to remember she might have said something yesterday, unfortunately he can't remember. Now he has to look for things that might clue him in on why his wife is missing.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1302

Captain Ricco

this was a neat little game, i got two diffrent endings are there more?

there were some bugs though, i couldnt load up my saves from the title screen, and when i started to play again from having finished the game once the game froze up on me

Sayhello-hello

I'm glad you liked it and looks like you've managed to get the two different endings. Can I ask you what you thought of the puzzles and the dialogue? Were they logical, too easy, too hard? Was the dialogue okay? I've always thought of dialogue as my weak point.

And thanks alot for the bug reports I'll definately look into it. :)

Sayhello-hello

Bugs have now been fixed!!! Thanks Captain Ricco! ;D

ThreeOhFour

Played through and got one ending :)

I found it well made and enjoyable to play. A couple of little suggestions:

- I didn't realize the television room was there for a while because it wasn't that obvious that there was an exit there

- It seems like you could remove the "talk to" mouse mode completely from the game? It was a little odd having it in there with the default icon.

Good job, anyway!

Paoul

I really liked this one. Only problem was that I went straight into a new game after I got one ending and it never reset itself. So I went straight to the other ending lol

But yes, loved it! a lot of fun. I liked how things came together

LRH

Played it, it was pretty fun!

I had the most trouble with
Spoiler
The screwdriver's purpose.
[close]

Pretty good game all things considered, especially for your first one.

One thing bothers me:
Spoiler
It seems this guy didn't really learn his lesson till' the end...and it was too late in one ending! In the other, he didn't even say 'gosh, I'm sorry' or anything. I would have liked it better if he realized what she had said and then HE decided to call HER rather than the other way around, I just feel the endings would have made more sense that way, but I always rant about the stupidest little things. :P
[close]

Peter Bear

Hi, AS promised ...

nice game, nice quick graphics, they're efficient.
I like the interaction ...

There is some bugs I tracked anyway ...

- You should have changed the "talk-to" mode icon, or disable the mode ... As we don't need to talk to anybody in this game :) ( said before )

Spoiler

- When you click on the zoolopething after using it, it stills says "It only misses a film ..." or something like that, but you already put the cat animation in it.

- I didnt get the use of the kitchen foil ? I used it to build the antenna, didnt get what the character said, and the paper just disappeared from my inventory, was it to hold the coathanger ?

- I had a ending about sister and funerals in chicago ... What could be the other one ? the "MOVIES" clue doesnt refer to anything in this ending ...
[close]

Nice game, again
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

david

this is a very cute little game you have made, congratulations  :)

easy, simple, and besides some issues that were already mentioned, you brought a very nice game
thank you for that  ;)

Sayhello-hello

Thank you everyone for your comments, they're much appreciated, sometimes it's kind of hard to spot your own problems because you've gotten so used to them. I'll look into tweeking the game to accomodate some of them and some them I'll keep in mind for future stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk