Instances of Characters?

Started by TheMagician, Thu 28/01/2010 18:37:10

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMagician

I'm wondering: is there any way (perhaps there's a module that I don't know of) to create multiple instances of one character?

I'm developing a platform game and have blocks that crumble away when you stand on them for more than a second. It would be great to accomplish that with instances of one character (the crumbling bock). Right now I need one character for every individual block.

Khris

No. Using characters, the only way to do this is create lots of dummy ones.

fratello Manu

Hello everyone!

Since I found this thread, I try to write here instead of starting a new one.

I have the same case, I need to instance multiple "entities". Let's say I have a bee and I want a bunch of bees flying around.

Is it possible using objects and moving them through multiple instances, instead of characters?

bye!
manu

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: manu_controvento on Wed 25/11/2020 21:42:02
I have the same case, I need to instance multiple "entities". Let's say I have a bee and I want a bunch of bees flying around.

Is it possible using objects and moving them through multiple instances, instead of characters?

There's no difference, you will have to create as many objects or characters as you need bees. You may reuse same View though.

Khris

In general you can always manually draw stuff but you will possibly run into z-sorting issues. With Objects and Characters AGS takes care of the drawing order.
It depends very much on how exactly you want those bees to work.

Crimson Wizard

Yes, you also can create a big dynamic sprite and draw flying bees on it, and place it as a single big object in the room.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk