AGS Book is here!

Started by densming, Tue 09/02/2010 00:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipe

Thanks a lot. Do you know what happened to the author, ? Is YouTube channel is stalled for too long... :(

densming

I'm still here! I really want to continue the tutorial.  Luckily, the tutorial videos (and the book) are still largely relevant to AGS.  There are many more topics that we want to cover (as well as completing the second part of the book), and we've recently been talking about maybe starting up again.

Cassiebsg

wow! You're alive!  :-D
Just thanking you for your videos, learned tons with them when I started.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

You have a lot to answer for densming.... (laugh)

densming

I feel the love. I've been neglecting my AGS duties for too long.

densming

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 01/03/2019 20:10:15
Just thanking you for your videos, learned tons with them when I started.  (nod)

I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

Durq

densming, I also want to thank you for the tutorial videos. They've been vital to me.

Filipe

Quote from: densming on Fri 01/03/2019 20:53:32
I feel the love. I've been neglecting my AGS duties for too long.

Ho! Man! I'm just waiting for more video tutorials from you with advanced features, etc... you got all the love from me :)-. I just love your book... Again Thanks :)

Salzi

Quote from: densming on Fri 01/03/2019 20:54:05
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 01/03/2019 20:10:15

I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

Without your videos, my project would have never come to life. You rock!  ;-D

densming

Quote from: Durq on Fri 01/03/2019 21:03:56
densming, I also want to thank you for the tutorial videos. They've been vital to me.

Quote from: Filipe on Fri 01/03/2019 22:08:41
Ho! Man! I'm just waiting for more video tutorials from you with advanced features, etc... you got all the love from me :)-. I just love your book... Again Thanks :)

Quote from: Salzi on Sat 02/03/2019 01:43:41
Without your videos, my project would have never come to life. You rock!  ;-D

All this makes me want to continue the series even more.

Olleh19

QuoteAll this makes me want to continue the series even more.

You should! Just started using AGS and your videos made me get the basics very fast, otherwise i probably would have gave up. Some features i would like to have in your upcoming videos. How to stop and sync sounds. Forexample when hitting a button the sound should quit instantly, it doesnt for me, its still there and blends in with other sounds that comes after it. In otherwords how to cancel sounds if you "push buttons" to skip. What "statements" you can use in "if and if else" or "int" or such. Im not a programmer so im clueless when it comes to those things. The manual just says "statements". Kinda hard to figure! Forexample if you talk to a character perhaps that characters wants you to have three items, to be able to get one item from him. What would you do then? Just some ideas. Thanks so much for the videos, very helpful indeed!

javixblack

Quote from: densming on Sat 02/03/2019 06:33:48
All this makes me want to continue the series even more.

Man, I am reading your book and it's like water in the middle of the desert! Incredibly job! (the videos are really really good too, but how the english isn't my native language, it's more easy to me read the book than hear you talk).
Please continue with all this, and share all your ags knowledges!!!!!!

With love, me.

hermidar

Hi Densming, I came here from youtube, my english is bad but your tutorials are perfect and now I can start my first proyect, you are a great teacher, please go on. Thanks.

cipberbloom

What brilliant news--!  :-D I'm still referencing your videos densming, and just revisited the one on the book about half an hour ago. It was awesome to see a link to this thread among my search results for a current source of the pdf (thank you Khris) and that you were talking about putting together the second section of the book as of 2019! Crossing my fingers that 2020 has been as OK for you and yours as it could be. Whatever the case, thanks very much everything you've done.  ;-D

Racoon

Hey, I hope its okay that I jump on the train and reply to this older thread.  I also want to thank you a lot densming! Without your videos I would have given up on doing a game on my own. You are a good teacher and the videos are well organized :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk