AGS Book is here!

Started by densming, Tue 09/02/2010 00:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Leisure Suit Harry

Hi densming, just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your video tutoriums a lot! And just when I thought a written summary would be great I found just that!
Since the website where I can find the pdf has changed I wonder where I can find the files (sprites, bmps...) which you are referring to in your book.
One more thing, when are you planning to publish part 2? (Once I am through with part 1, the next part might save me a lot of time for investigations on scripting issues...)

Greetings from the Alps...
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

professore

As with your great YT tutorials, I have to repeat myself - great work and THANK YOU!

I just skimmed through the PDF a bit and what I like is the fact though it is still the first half of it there is also content in it you haven't gone over in the video series like the details of the "General" options in chapter 6. I also can't remember that you talked on scrolling rooms in the vids but I might have overheard something.

Just continue your great work, take your time and don't get distracted too much by potential Open Source changes. I wouldn't count on a total revamp/radical change "out of the blue" over night ;)

NickyNyce

I thought this was it....but no, it's not.

http://svn.thethoughtradar.com/AGSScript101/

professore

Quote from: NickyNyce on Wed 02/11/2011 19:53:31
Calin Leafshade just posted the 2nd half of this book around here somewhere.....now where did he put it?

EDIT: here it is...                http://svn.thethoughtradar.com/AGSScript101/

This is also an interesting find but regrettably, sorry to correct you, not related to densming and his co-author. densming's partner is WarpEngineer, both worked together on Sammy's Quest and the do coding and AGS stuff in their spare time. Steven Poulton and Drew Wellman are "another team" so to say.

But very helpful to know nevertheless as it focuses on AGS scripting syntax not whole games. This is very valuable to people with programming experience in other languages trying to get to know the AGS "dialect" and specifics. Good complement I'd say.

- Markus

dbuske

Does the 2nd half of the AGS book exist?
Can a link to it be posted?
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

juanmaguerrero

Awesome work!! Thanks so much for your effort!! Greetings from Argentina :)
:: Go, then. There are other worlds than this ::

Tremulas

Great job, very helpful as your youtube videos. Thanks

(Is there any chance uploading more tutorials on youtube ???)

ProcioneSx

This book is really interesting, I would like to translate it in italian so that I can share it with the italian AGS community.
I ask the permission of the author to translate it.

I also saw that the book has links to graphic elements - to build the demo - that are no longer available. For this reason I would change them so that they link to new graphics made by me.

Please let me know if I can translate it.

Khris

densming has been absent for months; I'd think it's pretty safe to assume that he wouldn't object to a translation.

ProcioneSx

Ok, thanks for your reply :-D
In fact, there's nothing wrong with it, and of course, I'll give him credit. I think he would be happy with the fact that his book is shared all over the world.

danbuddle

This is great and has been a massive help. Hope the project is still going strong. Keep up the excellent work!
I really have nothing to say...

shadowmike

Hi

As a noob to AGS I've watched the tutorial videos and downloaded part 1 of the book and was just wondering whether Part 2 ever got finished as I haven't been able to find any mention of it in the forums.
Thanks
Mike

Slasher

Hi,

I don't think densming  has yet been able to finish it...

MACT

Hey guys!

If some of you still haven't been able to download the book then you should be able to find it here:
http://www.ensadi.com/ensadi/AGSBook.pdf
"Nothing to see here people, just a panda holding a balloon. Move right along...!"

ugobananas

The link seems to be dead now. Does anyone know if it exists anywhere else?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I was able to get the link to download.

birenbergg

Quote from: ugobananas on Fri 08/04/2016 16:01:54
Nevermind, I was able to get the link to download.

So where exactly does one gets the book? :)

Kumpel

You could sign up for a free trial month on scribd.com and download it here: click me

Jack Orlando

I just wanted to thank you densming!
You are a great teacher and your tutorials rule!

Filipe

Hello, I really want to download this book, or to buy it. Does any one knows where I can find it? Thanks :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk