Dream Theater meets Avenged Sevenfold :-X

Started by xenogia, Fri 19/02/2010 01:27:18

Previous topic - Next topic

xenogia

It is offical Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater has joined Avenged Sevenfold for their new album.  I have officially lost all my respect for Dream Theater.  Though it has been struggling since Train of Thought.  Sigh.. Sad Day

Tuomas

What's Avenged Sevenfold? They can't be very good if I haven't heard of them before ???

Oh, and where'd you find this information? I went to progarchives.com to see what this is about, and couldn't find a thing, which is strange as that place is full of DT whores.

Also, yes, we all lost our respect for DT in the 90's. Back in the day the were somewhat enjoyable, and I still love SfaM.

ThreeOhFour

I don't think it's that sad a day. There's no rule saying that the drummer from one metal band can't go and work with another band who lost their drummer recently, and Portnoy certainly is rather adept at the sort of drumming that Avenged Sevenfold usually have. As for the band, they're actually quite well known (and despised) in certain circles; they're just not very prog. Portnoy has worked with a bunch of different people before - the only thing he is missing in the A7X equation is a stage name.

As for sad days in the metal world, I'd rate the recent departure of Erik Kalbeek from Textures as much, much sadder than this. I know you are a Devin Townsend fan, Xenogia - if you haven't checked them out I'd suggest you do so. "Awake" from the Silhouettes album is so darn DT-esque that the first time I listened to it I was actually went and checked the album credits just in case.

Chicky

A7X were bearable at the very start of their career, they've moved onto being egotistic wankers now.

A lot of DT fans will be devastated, this is how lame A7X are:

They were such big fans of the Spice Girls they decided to go with nick names: M.Shadows, Synister Gates, Zacky Vengance and The Reverend (now 6 feet under).

xenogia

Ben304, I love Textures :)

I even have a hoody, and the fact the singer left Textures was awful.  Cause he had so much presence in the band.  And your right Ben304,  when I first heard Awake I was like is this Devin.. Haha

NOTE: Someone needs to photoshop a picture of Mike Portnoy into an emo.. lol

monkey0506

I have some stuff by Avenged but I don't really ever listen to any of it..

Not sure if I've heard of Dream Theater really..probably just me though. I always seem to be the last one to find out about bands that the kids are listening to.

Chicky

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Fri 19/02/2010 23:47:59
I have some stuff by Avenged but I don't really ever listen to any of it..

Not sure if I've heard of Dream Theater really..probably just me though. I always seem to be the last one to find out about bands that the kids are listening to.

Kids?  :P

Tuomas

I think those kids have grown a while ago :D Just like the guys in the band.

SinSin

A little piece of heaven (actually a very good song)
My lady used to listen to it when we split up the first time,
but i dont care coz its sweet lolz Warning This video shows blood and violence and scenes of a sexual nature
Currently working on a project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk