Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Christmas Demo Released!

Started by doctorfargo, Fri 19/02/2010 20:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

While I'm guessing that's a paintover, the art for Indy is still great and the title screen overall is excellent.

doctorfargo

Just to let everyone know - the Seven Cities project is still very much active.  :)

The demo is nearing completion.  :D

Frodo

Great to here, Gumpy.  Can't wait to play the demo.   ;D

GarageGothic

Great to hear! Must admit I had missed this project first time around, so it's nice that the thread was bumped. Looking forward to the demo. So I take it the Cross of Coronado that Indy retrieved in The Last Crusade, two years before this game is set, will play some role in the plot?  (Nazis trying to steal it from the college museum perhaps...)?

doctorfargo

Quote from: GarageGothic on Sat 09/10/2010 23:42:59
Great to hear! Must admit I had missed this project first time around, so it's nice that the thread was bumped. Looking forward to the demo. So I take it the Cross of Coronado that Indy retrieved in The Last Crusade, two years before this game is set, will play some role in the plot?  (Nazis trying to steal it from the college museum perhaps...)?

Nope, the Cross of Coronado isn't in the story.  ;)

selmiak

gumpy asked me to post this as he is busy today...

The demo is out there ;D
http://binarylegends.5gigs.net/?p=dl

he will add it to the AGS database later.
Enjoy!

Igor Hardy

Could become a very nice demo, but should go through additional beta-testing.

If you don't talk to the the professor before opening the file cabinet, you can't ask Irene about the telegram.

Also, it seems there's no way to search the cabinet, even though it is required to progress in the game. Unless that's supposed to be the end of the demo?

selmiak

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 19/12/2010 13:49:26
Could become a very nice demo, but should go through additional beta-testing.
Tanks :)
We did quite some betatesting ;)

If you don't talk to the the professor before opening the file cabinet, you can't ask Irene about the telegram.
Well, then talk to him! But you don't have to talk to Mulbray, but I don't want to spoil alternative paths and little hidden secrets.

Also, it seems there's no way to search the cabinet, even though it is required to progress in the game. Unless that's supposed to be the end of the demo?
No this is not the end of the demo. Have you tried to Look At the Cabinet and then magically have a new item in your inventory?!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: selmiak
No this is not the end of the demo. Have you tried to Look At the Cabinet and then magically have a new item in your inventory?!

Oh, you're right. I was trying to "open" it thinking that I'm using the "look at" command. Seems I have gone out of touch with how the SCUMM interface works. Sorry for the complaint.

Tabata

Nice little Demo â€" looking forward to this game!

(btw. - loved statuette of „Samius and Maximus“ 8))

Mati256

I really liked the demo, but I think you could put some more work on the Puzzles.
Also there is a bug when you try to close Indy´s office door from the hall the door remains open.
And is there a way to exit the credits screen? I had to start task manager because nothing else worked. The credits had already finished long ago but the screen and the music were still there.
My Blog! (En Español)

selmiak

have tried the actual CLOSE command on the door or did you rightclick it? The rightclick is open by default, no matter if the door is closed or already open. I can close Indys office door. And when the credits are over just clicking on the screen should bring you back to the main menu.

Mati256

My Blog! (En Español)

Snaker8

Thank you for trying out the demo of Seven Cities of Gold.

I'm sorry for that problem with the door - it must have slipped through testing.

A new version will be released quite soon to correct the problem of not being able to close the door and perhaps others.

As for right-click actions, the right-click action currently is only able to support one action per selected object.  In the future, this may be modified to accompany a more flexible system.
So, in this case, right clicking any door will activate the OPEN verb only.

Check the website for an update to this problem, and if you have further comments then don't hesitate to post on our forum if you want ;)

doctorfargo

About the puzzles in the demo - This demo is of the Barnett College section of the game. Since the Barnett section is an early section of the game, there are not a lot of interactions and puzzles. Rest assured that later sections in the game will have more interactions and puzzles.  :)

Frodo

Played the demo.  Loved it!   ;D

Can't wait to see more of it.   ;D

doctorfargo

January 8th, 2011 Update

Happy New Year from the Binary Legends team!

Development is currently under way for the New York City section of the game - lots of cool puzzles, and plenty of action are planned for the section.

quo_sp

Great news,  I have played the demo and love it, waiting for more news, this New Yourk city section seems very interesting.  :)

doctorfargo

We're on the look out for sprite / background artist(s) for the team. If you want to help out, contact me.

selmiak

And we finally decided to be/go open source and released the AGS sourcecode for everyone to see. You can find it on the binary legends page for indy 7cos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk