Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Christmas Demo Released!

Started by doctorfargo, Fri 19/02/2010 20:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorfargo

April 9, 2011 Update

We need new artwork â€" backgrounds and sprites - to continue development with the project.

So…
Binary Legends wants you!

If you are a good artist and can do artwork in the classic LucasArts style then we need your help! If you are interested in contributing as an artist to the Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold project â€" contact me.

Snaker8

Just a quick update on the Seven Cities of Gold game:

Yes, the game is still wanting to be worked on.  However, we urgently require an artist!

QuoteAre you interested in video games?
Have you ever thought about being part of a team that creates one of these great, unforgettable games?
Do you think you have what it takes to create art for the coolest upcoming Indy adventure game?
We are looking for new artists to join our team and create a great, unique, and new experience in gaming, reminiscent of games such as "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", "Monkey Island", and "The Dig".
join the Binary Legends Team to help make this vision a reality!

So if anyone is interested in helping out with a new Indy adventure game, then don't hesitate to join us!

doctorfargo

July 2, 2011 Update

Well, it's been pretty quiet lately, but the project isn't dead, folks!

Behind the scenes, the team is preparing to work on the next section of the game. So stay tuned for future developments!

Also watch for the German translation of the Demo coming out eventually!

As always, if you want to help out in anyway with the project - contact me. We are still on the look out for artists for the team.

edit:
July 4, 2011 Update

Happy 4th of July everyone from Binary Legends!

doctorfargo

August 6, 2011 Update
The search for an artist continues. If you are interested in helping - please contact me.

A German proofreader for the German translation of the demo is needed as well.

Also if you are interested in helping out with this project in any way - music, sounds, story, puzzle design, scripting, beta testing, etc - then please contact me.

doctorfargo

December 7, 2011 Update

We're still on the look out for an artist for the team. If you're interested in helping out - then please contact me.

The German translation of the demo should be ready for release within a month or so.  :)

Ponch

Nice to see this game is still being worked on.  :D

Ali

Looks cool!

But I have to post to mention that English people tend not to say "someplace". We say "somewhere". That's important because realism is the cornerstone of the Indiana Jones franchise.

Khris

I gave this a go, nice work!

I'm wondering though, the interface seems to be done from scratch, right? Because there's a really great 9verb template around, supporting all the nice LucasArts stuff like shortcuts for the verbs, non-blocking walks before interactions or changing right-click verbs for doors depending on whether they're open or not, to name a few.

It's probably a lot of work to merge the template and your game but I'm convinced it's going to pay off.

doctorfargo

Quote from: Khris on Fri 09/12/2011 21:50:08
I gave this a go, nice work!

I'm wondering though, the interface seems to be done from scratch, right? Because there's a really great 9verb template around, supporting all the nice LucasArts stuff like shortcuts for the verbs, non-blocking walks before interactions or changing right-click verbs for doors depending on whether they're open or not, to name a few.

You are correct - the interface was made from scratch. Improvements to the interface to make it more LucasArts like is definitively a possibility in the future. However right now our main goal is to find an artist so we can get back to full time production. Production has pretty much been at a standstill for about 11 months due to a lack of an artist to supply new backgrounds. I've been desperately searching for an artist but no luck so far.

doctorfargo

January 6, 2012 Update

German and Italian translations of the demo are currently in production.

We need someone to help with graphically editing the GUI buttons, and things like that for the Italian translation. I already have a list of the Italian equivalents of the English words given to me by the Italian translator. So you don't even have to know Italian to do it - just be willing to help.  :)

If anybody wants to help beta-test or proofread these translations or wants to help make a translation into another language - let me know.

doctorfargo

Just for those who may be wondering - our project is still alive - even though our website has been down for a couple of weeks. This seems to be a server issue that we're trying to work out right now.

doctorfargo

The website is back up.

We have moved to:
http://binarylegends.cbm8bit.com

By the way, we're still on the look out for someone to do pixel art.

doctorfargo

We've on the look out for new team members to help with the project - AGS scripting, artwork, music, beta-testing, story writing, puzzle design, etc. - if you are interested in helping out with this project in any way - please let me know!

splat44

Quote from: gumpy on Mon 31/12/2012 21:48:33
We've on the look out for new team members to help with the project - AGS scripting, artwork, music, beta-testing, story writing, puzzle design, etc. - if you are interested in helping out with this project in any way - please let me know!

Grumby, I'll be very interested in doing some beta testing work as I did in several games. Let me here or by PM when the time comes!

doctorfargo

We've been making some progress on the game behind the scenes.

We're still on the look out for additional team members - if you are interested in helping out in anyway (Scripting, artwork, puzzle design, etc) contact me.

Monsieur OUXX

Yes, the game is moving forward. We'll soon announce a new demo.

Are you an artist? Why not volunteer for one background? :)

doctorfargo

We're also looking for a scripter to help script a FoA like fist fighting sequence and to help with general scripting.

Mati256

I would love to see some full version of those backgrounds in your new banner.  ;)
My Blog! (En Español)

awakening

Do you still need musicians?
I can lay down a few tracks for you, if you want :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk