Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Christmas Demo Released!

Started by doctorfargo, Fri 19/02/2010 20:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Hello, Indy lovers!

How about a nice new background?
Well, here you go.
This is not our best background to date, but still, it's nice and it will remind you some happy times playing FoA :)

And, as usual, don't forget that we are looking for more artists. Don't be shy :)

Mati256

Looks great!  8-0
I'm very happy you are making progress with this game. Out of curiosity, who is the new artist?
My Blog! (En Español)

Monsieur OUXX

We are delighted to announce that we have 3 new beautiful backgrounds ready!
-- and 3 more on the way, thanks to Christian (the maker of Pizza Nostra) who's lending us a hand!

Miez

Great to hear you're making such rapid progress! Really looking forward to this game...

Monsieur OUXX

Hi Indy fans!

We are pleased to announce that we're making progress!

Bakgrounds: 20% complete (considering the many backgrounds we need to draw, that's good!)
Music: 50% complete (we have some nice genuine themes to play, for your ears' delight!)

We're still looking for background artists, scripters, animators and musicians.
Come on, it's the holidays! You can draw while you're on the beach! ;)

Wicked

This game looks so amazing, i am a huge fan of Indiana Jones and all the games I cant wait for it to come out * gets tingles of nostalgia playing fate of atlantis in my hay day *

Good work I wish I could help out.

selmiak

Quote from: Horrorfiend on Sat 13/07/2013 21:02:16
Good work I wish I could help out.

just do it. we are searching for talents and stuff, you know...

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Horrorfiend on Sat 13/07/2013 21:02:16
I wish I could help out.

Selmiak is right: you can! What can you do? Scripting? Music? Sound effects? etc.

Wicked

Scripting wise I just started working on C++ and trying to learn that to start off scripting in general, Music I cant make any music  the music from my game is comming from scores from the movie, sound effects I can find some online? :)

Monsieur OUXX

We're happy to announce that, after Khristian Cammilleri joining us to help with the backgrounds, it's now horrorfiend who's joined to help us with the sound effects!

Why don't you lend us a hand? Every little helps! :)

Adeel

What help do you need scripting-wise? I mean: Character's Scripting, Inventory Objects' Scripting, Room's Scripting, etc

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Fri 19/07/2013 16:53:26
What help do you need scripting-wise? I mean: Character's Scripting, Inventory Objects' Scripting, Room's Scripting, etc

We need every kind of help we can get: our issue is not the difficulty of the scripting, but the volume of what we need to accomplish. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss you scripting a few rooms to make them functional (interactions, etc.)

Adeel

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 20/07/2013 11:55:45
I'll send you a PM and we can discuss you scripting a few rooms to make them functional (interactions, etc.)

Please feel free to do so...

BornOfBlackEarth

Aiyyah!!  If I had the time, I would have loved to be part of this production!  Admittedly, I'm partial to the Sierra side of things (Al Lowe will remotely electrocute my gentilia if I don't say that lol), the Lucasarts games hold a big place in my heart (Ron Gilbert will unleash the monkeys if I don't say that).

I always wanted to make a fan-made sequel to Zak McCracken where he has to manage his enormous debt incurred from frequent world travel called "Zak McCracken Sneaks into Mexico in the Back of an Ice Cream Truck", but production was halted due to the infamous "donkey show" puzzle.  It wasn't for content, it's just that Disney threatened to sue for copyright infringement.  It's too bad, because you would have seen him do things with hot tamales and matter transporters that you never thought possible!  Sigh...

Looking forward to Seven Cities of Gold, keep it up!!!  All I ask is that, in true Indiana Jones fashion, make something absolutely horrible happen to the main villain that is guaranteed to frighten children.  It just wouldn't be true Indy without seeing a Nazi disintegrate.  Love to the team and all AGSers across the globe!!

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: BornOfBlackEarth on Tue 23/07/2013 01:42:10
make something absolutely horrible happen to the main villain that is guaranteed to frighten children.  It just wouldn't be true Indy without seeing a Nazi disintegrate.

Actually I'm pretty sure no nazi has died that way yet in history :D You'll be surprised!

Monsieur OUXX

SCRIPTING CHALLENGE

Hi everybody!

We're launching a little scripting challenge for something well known: The Indy-style travel map (see the video below)
We could script it ourselves, but every little help counts, and we have such a gigantic task to achieve! Such a fun scripting gadget will probably stimulate the scripters out there.

REQUIREMENTS:
- Most of this should be a module, independant from the actual room
- The lines should be displayed dynamically (not just a pre-rendered animation).
- The viewpoint should follow a CHARACTER (an invisible point, really) to make the script usable with scrolling backgrounds, and compatible with smooth scrolling.
- The process for the end-user scripter should be as follows:
Quote- create a room with the map as the background
   - create one or several objects that will be used as the overlay showing the vehicle in the foreground (e.g. the plae in the video below)
   - Using a function offered by the module script, define the points through which the line will run (the coordinates should be in room coordinates, not screen coordinates)
   - Using a function offered by the module script, define what vehicle (which object) will be displayed during which sequences of the trip. Then the module will automatically fade it in and out later.
   - A function eventually starts the actual cutscene.

The video below can be used as a reference (except the travelling lines should always be straight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXS-T8zqxE

So what do you say?

Monsieur OUXX

Hey, I know it's the holiday, but still, that doesn't explain the complete absence of reaction! :)

Come on guys, are you chickening out or what?  :=  ( <-- lame attempt at motivating people)

StillInThe90s

I think the need for it to be a module might discourage some people (myself included), since many of us have no experience of module writing.
Are you planning on using this in several rooms or is it just a question of making implementation easier?

Looking forward to playing this btw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk