Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Christmas Demo Released!

Started by doctorfargo, Fri 19/02/2010 20:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

You mean something like this?

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50882197/temp/raccoon_travel_lines.PNG[/imgzoom]

I can clean it up into a module later, but basically it just gets a drawing surface the size of the room, and puts it on an object, then draws circles at the vehicle's position every frame. It creates a thick line, and it isn't too slow. And because it draws one every frame, you can make the character it follows do curves if you're careful enough.

The flair can come later, but it's simple enough. The transparent vehicle would be absolutely trivial to do, if I remember correctly, that can just be an Overlay set to be transparent.

(the character is just there for debug purposes, it would just be a line in the real thing)

Darth Mandarb

I'm glad somebody took up the challenge!

From here on out, though, let's keep the "critics" and development of them out of this thread (stick to PMs) or it'll get too cluttered up in here.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Scavenger on Thu 15/08/2013 16:58:38
You mean something like this?

Yep, from the description it's exactly what we need! Even if your module code is dirty, it's fine for us... May I be as bold as asking you to try it out in a scrolling room that uses the "smooth scrolling" module? Just to make sure it doesn't need modifications.

@StillInThe90's : We already have an animation ready for one of the maps, but it was a quick prototype, and thanks to a proper script we'd be able to create as many maps as we need very quickly.

@Darth Mandarb: Thanks for your patience! I realize we're borderline to the forum rules, we're doing our best! :)

StillInThe90s

QuoteWe already have an animation ready for one of the maps, but it was a quick prototype, and thanks to a proper script we'd be able to create as many maps as we need very quickly.
Ah. I see.

Monsieur OUXX

Those holidays have totally destroyed our productivity! Check that out: Our private forums look dead ans there has been approx. 0.0000 new production in the last few weeks. :=

But we're slowly recovering from the sun, and we'll soon become freak-nerds again! Stay tuned! :)
Oh, and it goes without saying that we still need all the helmp we can get! Artists, scripters, music, etc.

Monsieur OUXX

We're happy to announce that Christian's experience with us didn't ruin his motivation and didn't generate an intense feeling of disgust (who would have thought?), so much so that he started working on yet another new background!

Meanwhile, Adeel and Tremulas have started scripting the entire Spanish chapter altogether! "What's the Spanish chapter?", you're asking. Well, it's the chapter that takes place in Spain OH GOD I ALREADY SAID TOO MUCH!

selmiak

Do you really think people will pour in and help us make the coolest Indiana Jones fanadventure with the most people involved ever with your rockstar gta attitude of 'accidentaly' leaking information? The intellectual capabilities and imaginations of people here are way too sophisticated to fall for such a bland scheme to have fun and push some pixels. And please don't reveal that we have a HD PiXels interactive cutscene with a naked sophia hapgood, this should rather be kept secret*

these are not the words you want to read, just visit the 7cog website and sign up to help out!!
*end product may differ from descriptions

Armageddon

Just to throw in my two cents, Monsieur OUXX you're getting spammy and double posting a lot and trying to hype up a game that probably isn't even 25% done. No one likes in your face marketing.

selmiak

yeqhplz don't push this topic if you are not convinced and celeb5rating and want to discuss some extraterrestrial terraforming plans or your brainz will be zapped!

Darth Mandarb

Okay...

First; I'm not sure if selmiak is joking around or not but let's keep that kind of negativity out of here (if it's not joking).  If you have issues with how the game is being pimped let them know via PM and let me worry about making sure things stay on a proper tack in here!

Second; to the team working on this game (I've lost track of who's who)... your original post is now in violation of the rules and needs to be updated immediately with at least 2 [fully visual and completed] backgrounds.

Thanks.

doctorfargo

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 14/09/2013 15:29:02
Second; to the team working on this game (I've lost track of who's who)... your original post is now in violation of the rules and needs to be updated immediately with at least 2 [fully visual and completed] backgrounds.

Thanks.

I'm the original poster for this thread. I'll update the post with the needed background pictures.

Sorry for any violation of forum rules.

selmiak

Darth, I'm deadly serious about discussing alien terraforming ;)
But if it came off as offensive or negative or offtopic or made your sithsense tingle, please delete my last post...

Monsieur OUXX

Hi everyone!

What we're posting here are actual news about the progress of the game :)
But we're absolutely keeping in mind that double-posting is forbidden on the forums. However, since we post news no more than once a week, it's hard to find a good compromise between double-posting and editing an old post, which would make no sense. Thanks for letting us know that we're too pushy. We already took good notice of Darth's reminders last time.

@Armageddon: It's not about marketing: it's about recruiting. The game is a freeware, so it has nothing to do with sales. We're not "hyping up", we're stimulating fans, to make them participate. You can't recruit for a game that's virtually invisible. I sincerely believe that giving a small piece of news once every few weeks is not "in your face". Keep in mind that the "Fountian of Youth" project has started 10 years ago and is still not finished (so much so that they decided to release it in chapters (!) ).

@Darth: We'll update the first post, no problem.
It contains 2 functional backgrounds (additionally to the 6 other backgrounds and the few more backgrounds in the thread itself) But I understand that it's a bit ambiguous since we deliberately labelled them "obsolete".

@everybody else : here is news about the project:
- lately we've released our Mirrors module
- today we share our Travel Map module, thanks to the help of Scavenger and our little scripting challenge from last month : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=49021.0

As always, I'll conclude with: WE NEED HELP :D

Darth Mandarb

Okay... it's been a week.

When you have the screenshots required send them to me in a PM and I'll unlock this.

Screenshots added, post updated, carry on.

Monsieur OUXX

To celebrate the end of the crisis, and as a special attention to Armageddon, here is a glimpse of a new background!

Monsieur OUXX

Current progress :
- backgrounds : 25%
- scripting: 15%
- music: 50%
- animation : 10% :-/

AdventureTiempo

Really excited for any Lucas arts type fan games! I hope to see more screenshots soon. Looks great so far. Cheers.

Monsieur OUXX

Guybrush Nosehair

I don't care if it's not a final version. That last picture looks fantastic!

Ben X

Having the supernatural stuff show up at Indy's college is a great new twist, but aren't evil skeletons a little cliche?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk