Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold - Christmas Demo Released!

Started by doctorfargo, Fri 19/02/2010 20:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

I could do this as a 2D animation :-\

Edit: sorry Darth! I just realized this should have been in recruitment or pm :-[

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 08/12/2015 06:45:08
I could do this as a 2D animation :-\

Edit: sorry Darth! I just realized this should have been in recruitment or pm :-[

General information: We don't want 2D animation because:
1) we might want to change the texture later on
2) We might want to readjust the shading later (for example: how much does it look like cell shading, for example)
That's not possible with hand-drawn 2D animation.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 08/12/2015 06:45:08Edit: sorry Darth! I just realized this should have been in recruitment or pm :-[

No apology necessary!

I encourage this kind of interaction (just no WiP/critics lounge type stuff!) (nod)

Frikker

I have a good bit of Blender experience in both animating and photo-realistic rendering (can send examples) , and I would be up for a go at this as I would like to get more involved in the forum as my personal project game is still in story stage, however I wouldn't like to steal it from you , Cassiebsg as you were asked first so its up to you.

Monsieur OUXX

foz

Hi what you want sounds pretty simple to do and deliver back as a png.  I've been using blender for years still not mastered it but I'm capable. I could do this if you would like or do any other blender type stuff. If you intend to supply the map texture it's something I could probably get done in an hour or two....render would probably be quick as you are working so low res..and I use gpu rendering. I did plan on making a remake of my old game flashback including the never made prequel using blender for characters and backgrounds...my ags knowledge has gone so I did some early art but shelved as project would have been to hard to do as I'd lost the original game codes...anyhow I digress if you'd like examples of 3d stuff I've done check here...

Just read someone's got it covered a few pages earlier. Best of luck

Darth Mandarb

The screenshots aren't working in the first post! 

Please update ASAP. 

Thanks.

Odd... they are working now.

Must have been a hiccup or something. 

Carry on ... nothing to see here (nod)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: foz on Wed 09/12/2015 19:34:48
Hi what you want sounds pretty simple
I'm sending you a PM.

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 09/12/2015 21:00:55
The screenshots aren't working in the first post! 
Hmmm...I'll check that out but I can't see any reason why apart from a temporary network issue. It seems to work on my end. The images are hosted on photobucket and we haven't changed anything in months.

Monsieur OUXX

Do you know how to spot when you're an old schmuck?

It's when you're trying to make a 320x200 2D adventure game, and have a very hard time finding volunteers for pixel-art, but then you find no less than 3 VOLUNTEERS for some hi-res 3D graphics! (roll)

So here they are:
- the unstoppable CassieBg, who already made two animations (one of an old parchmin map, and the other of a nazi truck)
- The very professional Frikker, who is working hard on those mysterious giant stone cogs
- And foz, who got his job shamelessly stolen by CassieBg, but I'm sure we'll find something for him to do too! ;-D

Frikker

Thanks ;-D
Did you get the messages to the link with the progress videos? I had to send it on here as im having email trouble but It sent on Saturday night and myself and Cassiebsg have continued a few messages in the conversation since so You should have it. Ill send again just incase.

Cassiebsg

Oops.... sorry, I didn't realized I had stolen something...:-[ Really sorry...(nod)

foz, if you wish am working on 2 game projects that I could use help with. No matter if it's only 1 small model,a character or a full background... no strings attach. They'll both be freeware though, so can only offer credit. Just PM me, if you wish to hear more.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

[delete}

I want to train myself basic 3D skills too. A small project with easiest tasks might be just right after some beginner tutorials.

Batsy

Do you still need 2D background pixel artists? I'm kind of a perennial lurker around here and wouldn't mind contributing (let me know and I can dig up some samples, or draw a new one if that's what's preferred).
batbrigade -at- gmail

doctorfargo

Quote from: Batsy on Wed 16/12/2015 04:05:43
Do you still need 2D background pixel artists?
Yes, we do! :cheesy:

QuoteI'm kind of a perennial lurker around here and wouldn't mind contributing (let me know and I can dig up some samples, or draw a new one if that's what's preferred).

Please dig up some samples! :smiley:

Monsieur OUXX

Monsieur OUXX

All right, so Batsy never replied. ;)

In other news: you have no idea how hard CassieBg is working to make that flying map perfect! Like every day I nag her with demanding changes, and every day she dedicates very hard to learning new things in Blender. Hurray! Meanwhile, Frikker has done a good share of the work, but he's standing by, waiting for some details. ;)

Cassiebsg

please do nag!!!! if we always take the first version we never get better... ;)
I appreciate you pushing me, cause I'm lazy and would have stopped at first version... LOL
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frikker

tum de dum de dum....... (laugh) (thats my best "standing by" impression by the way)

Monsieur OUXX

AnasAbdin

Yay! Great to see progress. You got yourself a great team there too  8-)
I can't wait to walk around that skulls room  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk