Living Nightmare Deluxe (With Video)

Started by LRH, Tue 23/02/2010 15:42:46

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

This is, in general, a re-make of my first AGS game, my training game called 'Living Nightmare'.
Believe it or not, this would be re-make number 2. It all started as a project I did in high school, a game which I made with 'Game Maker' that was more a joke than anything else. It made everyone jump once and a while and was worth a laugh here and there.

Looking back, I was very upset with the way the AGS one came out. So, here's the remake. What the game should have been.

It's about a little boy who is stuck in a nightmare, basically.

This was the original:

And here is the re-make:

I really don't know how long it will be, but it's being worked on very diligently, I promise. :P

Also, if you couldn't tell the game is 320x200 this time around.

neon

Nice graphics, simple but interesting with the right amount of details to raise the atmosphere without overloading the scenes with too much stuff.

When did you make the first version?

LRH

The first AGS version was made in 2008.

This was before I realized what low-res meant, and how it could benefit me as you can see here :P

Danman

Domithan looks pretty awesome. I like the low res style really cool. quite a big difference from the first though.

Dualnames

I do recall that you said the graphics were the drawback..I hope you improve this in terms of gameplay too!! Looks really good.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LRH

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 24/02/2010 19:52:36
I do recall that you said the graphics were the drawback..I hope you improve this in terms of gameplay too!! Looks really good.
Thanks!
Yes, I do intend to lengthen it quite a bit in both story and puzzles as well. I believe there were only 5 or so and they were all incredibly simple. Some of the puzzles in this game are a throw-back to the old one, with a slightly harder twist.

LRH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkd-cf51abA

Here's a quick gameplay demonstration.

(Should I keep the default message box? I know it looks plain, but I think it kind of goes with the theme of things...)

Let me know what you think. It needs some serious polish before it's done, and the video only shows a small portion of the game, but it gets the basic idea across.

Kweepa

This looks very interesting!
A game played from an unusual perspective...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LRH

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Fri 05/03/2010 04:15:24
This looks very interesting!
A game played from an unusual perspective...

Ah! Yes. I forgot to mention that, and that's an important point. It is from the point of view of the player character as an adult, thinking back about this nightmare he had as a kid.

tzachs

Looking good, Domithan  :)
And yes, a simple message box works for me with this graphics...

LRH

Lots of update action!
I'm actually close to being done, I want to get this game out by my birthday (April 9th) at the latest. I'm finishing up putting together the last parts of the game, then I want to polish the hell out of it and ready it up for beta testing! (I've already got Leon and Matt on the job, sorry. :P)

A warning I had forgotten to mention:
There are some moments in this game that make people jump. If you scare easily, you may not want to play. :(

If you're looking for the ol' percentages, I'd say:

Story: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Coding: 75%
Music: 100%

And here's some more in game pictures!

If this is my hallway...

What the heck is this place?!

And this screenie just to confuse the hell out of you. :)

Coming...Soon enough :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk