The Secret of Chunky Salsa v.1.3

Started by Vukul, Thu 25/02/2010 19:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Vukul

Ladies & Gentlemen!
Cavemen ProgrammerZ proudly present...

The Secret of Chunky Salsa

In this game you play as Colin, a son of a humble chronicler from the farming village of people called "Bearders" because of their tradition to wear beards of unusual sizes.
The grave danger imposed onto the village sets him forth on the adventure to save his compatriots...

(for more information about the game background and gameplay info look up the ReadMe)

GAME FEATURES:

Resolution: 640x480

- Blood feuds.
- The power of love.
- Eldritch abominations.
- Farmers.
- Beards of unusual size.
- Chunky salsa.
- An ancient war

+ 2 endings

Translations: Spanish and Russian

Download (29.1 Mb)
(the host is Russian, so please click the floppy disk icon to download)

EDIT: Current version 1.3 (look up changes in ReadMe)

Vukul

Okay, it got nothing on the MAGS competition... Still, I don't think the game is SO bad :)

From now on, please count it just a usual entry in the game database ;)

Wyz

I liked it! The graphics were very decent. The puzzles are nice, I really liked the last puzzle.
Spoiler

Fiddling with the controls in the escape pod till it works while the clock is ticking, I felt really immersed.
[close]
I didn't really like some of the music (at least you had some ;)), but the music in the final room is perfect. :)

Maybe one tip for the mixing puzzle, what would have gotten me less stuck:
Spoiler

make it move obvious one of the cooks was lying, I think I missed the hint somewhere. :)
[close]

Good job!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

tzachs

Wow, really good game!
Graphics & Animations were the strongest part of the game, really really good...

Nice story & humour also, characters could have been developed more, but overall they did have distinctive and fun personas...

The puzzles were ok, I also got stuck in the mixing puzzle and had to go back and read the answer on the forum. I think you need to add a hint that would help solving it, otherwise it's way too difficult (especially if you compare it to the other puzzles in the game)
Spoiler
Maybe the druid can tell you that the bad cook is always lying)
[close]

Some technical stuff really frustrated me (I guess it's mainly due to lack of time because of the competition):
* Some exits to other rooms didn't have hotspots and I had to click several times until I found the exit...
* A lot of missing interactions (In case you don't know, AGS has a special function that handles missing interactions which you can use. Also, if you do have an interaction on something, make sure to put an "else" part for all other interactions, for example:
Spoiler
You can use the invisble ink on yourself, but other inventory items did not get a response because you didn't put the "else" segment
[close]

Overall, great job, I really enjoyed the game...

Vukul

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the feedback so far also. Now I'm planning to make the game more polished, which includes fixing minor things that do not spoil the gameplay, but still look 'unprofessional' :) (as these I mean hotspots for exits, some hanging lines, 'missing responses' for which I originally really didn't have time, etc.)

What concerns the notorious ;) mixing puzzle
Spoiler
Well, I'll try to make this one clearer... I just thought the hint given to you by the guard, that one of the cooks is very nasty, was enough... And another hint: As Jasper said - "Rely onto your senses" :)
But I'll try to fix it :)
[close]

Wyz

LOL, yes I've got that hint. But I thought he would smell nasty or something. :D Oh well. It was the only place I got suck, the rest of the puzzles had a really nice flow. So there's totally no reason to bitch about this for me. :P
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Crincoq

Captain Ricco

This was a nice game! I have been misleaded by its title, wich is quite boring(the chunky salsa is not really a thing that makes me go WHOA! THIS MUST BE AMAZING!), glad i checked it anyway

I was disappointed that I couldnt use the super badass farming tool though... It wouldve been so awesome!! :P

Maybe ther could be another episode where you can end the endless blood feud? Or one where you play as the hero with the epic farming toiol??  :o

Vukul

Okay, thanks everybody who've played and commented the game so far.

I've updated the opening post with the latest game release, which now is clear from bugs and glitches, and moreover features two translations: Spanish and Russian.

Enjoy!

P.S. And can anyone tell me how can one retrieve his lost password from the database entry to modify it as well?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk