No One Likes You

Started by deadsuperhero, Mon 01/03/2010 20:50:59

Previous topic - Next topic

deadsuperhero

Hi, folks. You may or may not remember me, I tend to slip in and out of this community every now and then.

ChaosOrder Studios Presents:

No One Likes You

Synopsis:

Peter is your typical teenager. He smokes pot, is failing school, hates his parents, has no friends, and has never been laid in his entire life. In other words, everything is perfectly normal, except his parents are fed up with his behaviour. It's up to you to step into his Vans designer shoes and try to pass your classes, get laid, and make some friends for once in your life.

This game is clearly a satire of most adventure games. It is designed for a "mature" (or immature) audience. The humor is juvenile, the shots are below the belt. This won't be the type of game most typical adventure gamers will want to play due to the content and various levels of obscenity.

That said, it's a delicious romp.

Now, some screenshots.

Always a bright and insightful one!

Use Peter's computer-within-a-game on your computer to do stuff. Or not.

Enjoy the tedium of dysfunctional living! Do household chores!

Disturbing environments that yield some horrible truths about the real world!

A death sequence that changes depending on how you die!

Featuring an utterly morbid game interface. Guess which button is to quit?

Development progress:

-Backgrounds: 30%
-Scripting: 40%
-Animation: 10%
-Music: 0%
-Cutscenes: 5%
-Voice Acting: 0% (No, I don't want a million PM's from people asking to be voice actors.)

I will also attempt to ship this game with native Linux and MacOSX binaries.

We're desperately in need of a composer. Actually, scratch that, we probably could use an animator as well, seeing as I'm doing pretty much all of the positions by myself.

Update Thurs, March 11th

I would like to welcome Suicide Pencil and m0ds to the development team. SP will be doing programming and code cleanup, and m0ds has agreed to do music for the game. Squee!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Dualnames

Seems like a really interesting puzzle environment you've set up on this game. I think the puzzles will be really unique. Best of luck!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 01/03/2010 21:01:24
Seems like a really interesting puzzle environment you've set up on this game. I think the puzzles will be really unique. Best of luck!

Hey, thanks man. It's more or less just conventional adventure-game puzzles, but I hope you like them when you get a chance to play.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Gilbert

Hehe It's just by accident, that the character in the first screenshot seems to have no neck and his head is floating in the air.  :o

Game is looking nice. Good luck!

m0ds

Looks good, nice and retro!

Happy to help if needed, PM me.

SarahLiz

This game looks great!  Who cares if the humor is a little raunchy--all the more fun and interesting!! 

suicidal pencil

...get the hell out of my head.

Looks fun, though. May be the first Adventure game I've actually waited for in a very long time  :P

PM if you need a code monkey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk