Request: .IT format module support?

Started by Deist, Tue 02/03/2010 12:10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Deist

(Note: apologies for posting this in the technical part of the forum, as it was just the closest fit I could think of...)

I'm aware how presomptuous of me it is as a newbie  to dare making a feature request already ::), I can just hope Chris won't mind and even will hopefully find it actually makes sense as I believe it does.

As everybody will have guessed by now from the title, I'm wondering here wether it would be possible to implement a support for the popular IT format (native of Impulse Tracker), seeing as there already is support for MOD and XM. I know that MOD and XM (from Soundtracker and Fasttracker respectively) belong to the same /family/ of module formats, while S3M (Screamtracker) and IT form a somewhat distinctive family, but I figured (in my naive non-coder way possibly) that implementing the other wouldn't be such a challenge anyway...
Thing is while it's possible to achieve the same effects and results with XM, the IT format often allows to do it easier and above all much less resource-intensive, therefore I think the support of this format would be valuable and benefit users (I'm making my music myself with trackers and would rather use the IT format if possible, since doing it with XM would often require to use much more channels for instance...).

Well, let me know what you think (wether I've got a point or my request is just silly ^^)!
-- DeisT

Scavenger

I swear AGS already supports that format! Half the music for my game was in it.

Try it out and see.

Deist

Wow! Then I really feel stupid now...  :-\
I actually didn't try to use any IT mod yet and just assumed it wasn't supported since only MOD and XM were mentioned in the feature list on the site (someone should update it then when they have the time).
In any case Scavenger, thank you for pointing it out to me! I will go to bed one tiny bit smarter tonight, he he.

-- DeisT

arj0n

Yee! classic Impulse Tracker!
I've been using it a long time for mixing music.

Anyway, Deist: you know that Schism Tracker, which is a windows
clone of Impulse Tracker with the same looks and almost the same
functions, does have an export-to-wav function?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk