Illegal exception

Started by Ali, Sat 06/03/2010 16:08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hi CJ,

I got very close to solving this problem, but now I've managed to cause a crash in my game which occurs every time I try to run it. I've tried commenting out recent changes, but it hasn't helped. 

The message is:

An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0043FBE7 ; program pointer is +379, ACI version 3.12.1074, gtags (0,0)

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time,

Ali.

Wyz

Looks like a segmentation error, means that either your code or some native code causes memory to be accessed that is not allowed. You need to be alert for any code that tries to access something that is out of bounds (like screen coordinates that are way off screen). I can only guess, but I didn't see any obvious problems in your code :(
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Ali

The crash keeps happening even when I remove the module I was working on from the game, so maybe it is the editor?

Pumaman

Could you upload a sample game that causes the crash so that I can investigate?

Ali

I'm afraid I may have screwed up the dodgy game file by trying to recover the game from a backup and renaming the .agf files to try out different ones. The offending file may be among the ones in this zip, and I've included the crash info:

http://www.filefront.com/15776837/Crash%20Games.zip

I've managed to restore from a backup without losing any work, so I'm happy now. I'm sorry I didn't preserve the questionable file, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

Pumaman

Ok thanks. If it happens again, please keep a copy of the broken game for me to take a look at.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk