Sprite Jam (May 4th - May 19th): Gunslingers & The Wild West!

Started by Saberteeth, Mon 03/05/2010 22:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

NsMn

Heh... what he said was that he pretty much only used one filter basically to bring it down to only these 16 colours  :P

Jim Reed

Aye, on second look, maybe I haven't made myself clear: I played with the brightness/contrast/saturation first, and then reduced the colour amount in a few steps, using the same filter.
I'm not a pixel artist, more like a pixel...something, which you could call art...if you were drunk...and squinting...in a dark room...standing about 20 meters away. =)

Scarab

Quote from: Xellie on Fri 14/05/2010 13:32:31
Quote from: Jim Reed on Fri 14/05/2010 12:54:44
It's a pic, I just made it use the provided palette, with a few additional tinkerings.

Well dude, I bow to your awesomenes... Well done! Looks great.

You should join www.pixeljoint.com , if you haven't already. Great place if you're into pixelart.
Hah, he'd probably get shot if he took that to pixeljoint... they don't take too kindly to a bit of photo-filtering :P

Jim, it came out quite nicely though.

Xellie

Well, I agree that pixeljoint won't accept that. Misunderstood the post, thought you said that it wasn't filters but drawn. Anyway, still makes the buzz around the sprite jam nicer. You should try pixelling, it's fun!

Xellie

Quote from: Jim Reed on Sun 16/05/2010 11:49:17
There...doesn't look like him much, though I tried.

I think it does! That's good, man. That could be an entry for this comp.

Jim Reed

Hahahahaha...I asked Jake on IRC who this is and he had no clue. You're biased because you saw the pic I posted earlier. Which translates to "Sorry, I still don't know how to draw properly yet" =D
Hmmm....maybe if I coloured him in, he'd look more like Clint?

Xellie

Quote from: Jim Reed on Mon 17/05/2010 10:32:09
Hahahahaha...I asked Jake on IRC who this is and he had no clue. You're biased because you saw the pic I posted earlier. Which translates to "Sorry, I still don't know how to draw properly yet" =D
Hmmm....maybe if I coloured him in, he'd look more like Clint?

Well it might... I always find it's a lot easier to add character to a design when you have colour to play with as well, as facial features depend much more on gradations of color than on lines only... give it a try! I still think it's not bad at all, though.

Saberteeth

Alright guys 1 day left, any last minute entries perhaps?

Saberteeth

Liked Mark Borg's entry the most, take it away Mark!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk