MAGS April: OROM (One Room One Month) (Winner Announced - See results)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 26/03/2010 18:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Winners:

Ben304 and Calin Leafshade with their game Eternally Us
You guys will set the rules for June! You will be pmed both with some instructions.

Congrats to all the entrants, some of the most fantastic games I've ever seen, and that's no lie. Especially on Snakes of Avalon, that lost by one vote, making the most impossible comeback ever, so cheer up.

On some note, thanks to Limping Fish, for making my favorite game of the competition. (All of you scored gold eh!)

EDIT: That one vote is probably Vince Twelve. So get him!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LimpingFish

Congrats to Ben and Calin! And well done to everyone! \o/

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 17/05/2010 00:13:26
On some note, thanks to Limping Fish, for making my favorite game of the competition.

Awesome! :D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Igor Hardy

Congrats to Ben and Calin!
(As a revenge I'm not voting on your games in the May MAGS.  ;) )

And special congrats to Space Pool Alpha, which I found particularly delightful from among the competing games.

Also, I'm really looking forward to Ascovel developing some better skills in new versions of AGS Footballer.

Kweepa

Yes, congrats to those two dudes from Andromeda Close!

I feel bad for not voting, but I still haven't finished Hard Space... I would have voted for Eternally Us, so all is well.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vince Twelve

Congrats to Ben and Calin!  (Though, it wasn't my vote that put it over the top as I didn't vote!  I didn't get to play most of the games!)  Snakes of Avalon is also excellent, but I haven't finished yet!

ddq

Major props to all involved, bonus props to Ben/Calin and Igor/Baron for such a close race! I do put in another request for Snakes of Avalon 2: The Bathroom Guy Story.

Calin Leafshade

Thanks alot to those who voted for us. Curses and scorn upon those who didn't  ;D

Doing MAGS is certainly pretty fun and frantic.

Ben and I will fix up some rules for the next one.

Leon

Congrats to Ben and Calin. A nice game although not my favorite this competition. The only thing that would have made me vote for this one would be the originality in screen transitions. Other than that, the puzzles, story and music were 'more of the same' from this team. My vote would go to SpacePoolAlpha. Very original addictive game play and original use of AGS (did I say that as Adventure/Puzzle freak?).

Congratulations to all other participants for delivering such a vast number of games, I really enjoyed playing. And guess what? Extending the playtime from 4 days to 17 days still wasn't enough, but that's ProgZmax to blame ;-) Hard Space appeared really hard to finish (it still is).

Congratulations to DualNames as well for this great revival. April turned out to be a success, May is looking promising as well. But please do not extend the deadline. If 25 days weren't enough, and 31 days aren't enough, where's the end?  Deadline is deadline. If you make it, great, if not ... tough. Better luck (or organization) next time. People are already going to  count on extensions and postponing of deadlines.

Good luck to all for next competition.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

tzachs

Congrats Calin&Ben  :)

Really impressive work, although not my cup of tea story-wise...
Too bad I didn't get to vote since I'm also still playing hard space.
Good chances my vote would have made this compo a tie (I was deliberating between space pool and avalon), I wonder how dual would have handled a tie...

Jim Reed

DAMN! I was really hoping to see Hardspace as a winner but that pesky transputter made it highly unlikely.
Anyway, congratulations to Balin & Cen =P
[sorrowfull loser]
All my work down the drain...=(
[/sorrowfull loser]
Though it was fun participaing in my first MAGS. Great games showed up this month and I hope this trend continues.

Calin Leafshade

I think, after considering it I would've given it to Hard Space.

It was the game that fully embodied what a classic "adventure game" is and it was pulled off in a manner that was a pretty much perfect replication of the classics.

I think it definitely would've won were it not for the transputter. (EDIT: and the blatant rule breaking)

Jim Reed

Ah yes, the third man.....well it's not a rule breaker, Shiver is a woman! =P

Calin Leafshade

Wonkyth

Well done Ben and Calin!

I only played AGS football, SpacePoolAlpha and Eternally Us(I have a kind of penis envy about Bens art(which means I like to look at it and play with it)), so I wasn't able to vote.
Actually, I've never voted... :-\
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

paolo

Congratulations Ben and Steven! It doesn't surprise me that Snakes of Avalon was close on the tail of Eternally Us tail as I found it pretty hard to decide between these two games.

And what a great crop of games submitted this time! Let's hope the new two-month MAGS format continues to encourage more of the same.

Dualnames

also, sorry, but THe winner IS Actually not eternalJy us, but instead the prize gOes to snaKEs of Avalon.

This is because someone pointed me out to check my spam folder. Congrats Ascovel and Baron!!! :D

Ben and Calin don't reply with a pm. Ascovel and Baron I've sent you a pm.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

ddq

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 17/05/2010 18:55:20...
:D
o_O? Is this the truth? Have Calin304 been disqualified due to game design steroid abuse?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 17/05/2010 18:55:20
also, sorry, but THe winner IS Actually not eternalJy us, but instead the prize gOes to snaKEs of Avalon.

This is because someone pointed me out to check my spam folder. Congrats Ascovel and Baron!!! :D

that's incredible!

also, check your spAm folder again, Bro, I've sent you sOMething new, and don't worry if it will Be ticking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk