Mythaumatology [Mature Content]

Started by , Sun 27/05/2012 15:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Quote from: Frito Master on Sun 10/06/2012 02:55:04
Only one thing though is I think the nudity takes away more then it adds imo its kinda distracting.

If ya can't stand the boobies, stay away from the mammaries! ;)
I'm sure Ghost wouldn't just throw in boobies for the sake of boobies in a game that already seems to have such high production quality.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Sslaxx

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 10/06/2012 16:06:22
Quote from: Frito Master on Sun 10/06/2012 02:55:04
Only one thing though is I think the nudity takes away more then it adds imo its kinda distracting.

If ya can't stand the boobies, stay away from the mammaries! ;)
I'm sure Ghost wouldn't just throw in boobies for the sake of boobies in a game that already seems to have such high production quality.
Well, at least he didn't be as much of a jackass about it as SaneCo. What is with the prudes lately?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AnalogGuy

Quote from: Frito Master on Sun 10/06/2012 02:55:04I think the nudity takes away more then it adds imo its kinda distracting.

That's very childish. Try to see the real beauty behind things... I mean like, "outside of the box". Your problem is that you can't avoid the associations of the thoughts of nudity... shame on you  :P

This reminds me of that funny documentary about a man who created a picture book only about closeup photos from hundreds of female's genitals. Of course, men had a lot of troubles avoiding the associations I mentioned when looking at the photos. The idea of the book was that there's unique beauty that you might miss because of these associations. Every photo shows you the fact that there's never identical genitals because each was different and unique. It's like a fingerprint!

In same way, if you see a woman breastfeeding her baby in open place like shop or park, would you yell "Shame on you! That's very inappropriate!" only beacause you can't avoid the associations when seeing her breasts? It's like you can't see, she's only feeding her child.

Hopefully you got the point I'm trying to say.  :P
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Ghost

Wheee, easy! GiP is free for all and Frito just spoke his mind; nothing wrong with that at all.

Mythaumatology is clearly not a game for everybody. Apart from the visuals I am pretty sure that the actual story will not appeal to everyone (though I am trying to keep that a bit of a secret). That's just the way games are. I am very exited about trying out something new, something more mature- my earlier games were mostly funny with a bit of a dark streak; this time I want to go the extra mile.

Of course, a mature story does not NEED nudity. But I think it can better find a use for it. The idea was never to "have some boobies run around in a forest", the idea is to create a mood for the player, a background atmosphere, and maybe even some symbolism. From the very start of the project nudity (not only of the main character but of pretty much every mythical beast in the forest) was a theme. It contrasts with the civilized human society as it is portrayed in the game. It adds a tension of being vulnerable, and it seriously impacts the traditional bottomless inventory. It's not a mere gimmick, it's part of the story I want to tell.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 10/06/2012 18:01:20
From the very start of the project nudity (not only of the main character but of pretty much every mythical beast in the forest) was a theme. It contrasts with the civilized human society as it is portrayed in the game.

I read that bit as "but of pretty much every mythical breast in the forest".

But I agree that we shouldn't look down at nudity - it's such a completely natural state to be in.

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 10/06/2012 18:01:20
The idea was never to "have some boobies run around in a forest", the idea is to create a mood for the player, a background atmosphere, and maybe even some symbolism. From the very start of the project nudity (not only of the main character but of pretty much every mythical beast in the forest) was a theme. It contrasts with the civilized human society as it is portrayed in the game. It adds a tension of being vulnerable, and it seriously impacts the traditional bottomless inventory. It's not a mere gimmick, it's part of the story I want to tell.

I definitely see where your coming from, and it makes even more sense after reading the above.
I hadn't though there was much more planning into the idea then its to show vulnerable/primal state so I made her naked.(In which it "to me" seems a more distracting element then what its worth.)
However, if you had all that in mind and its a common motif throughout the story and it defined and not just some visual thing, Then it does seem like a good idea.(You should tell us a bit more about the story. :D)

As for everyone else I never said I couldn't handle nudity, Your thinking to much into what I said. (FOLLOWERS BAN WITH ME, WERE GOING TO STRIKE THE RENAISSANCE ART PIECES OF OLD!):P

Good Luck, Ghost!

Darth Mandarb

Okay... the issue is resolved.  Let's get back on target.

Sughly

Whoa, the art style in this looks amazing! Keeping an eye on this one for sure :D

EchosofNezhyt

Oh I forgot to mention ghost your feature on indie games blog is the reason how I found out about this site in the first place, So thanks :D!

Xyzzy

Is this still in production, and if it is, then why?

Chicky

I sure hope this is still in production! D'you have any updates for us Ghost? :)

Ghost

Chook (and everyone): The game's still in production, but progress is much slower these days. I am still hoping to get things done within the year. I am facing some time-consuming stuff right now, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Quote from: Xyzzy on Mon 03/09/2012 14:20:37and if it is, then why?
I don't quite get that. The logical answer would be: "Because I really like making adventure games, and I think this is going to be a nice one."  ;-D

selmiak

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 03/09/2012 22:50:50
Quote from: Xyzzy on Mon 03/09/2012 14:20:37and if it is, then why?
I don't quite get that.

perhaps he means why is it not finished yet ;)

I'm also thrilled for now screens or other updates :)

Xyzzy

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 03/09/2012 23:26:08
No, I really wanted to know why this is still being worked on, and why "Ghost" hasn't changed anything. This thread clearly indicates that he is facing a rough road with his current mixture of "mature content" and no information at all regading plot and puzzles.
I have no problems with a nude character, but right now it looks as if it really is the only gimmick Ghost is prepared to show/talk about. Isn't a GiP for sharing information?

JSH

This looks great Ghost, looking forward to playing your game! :)

Nice to see a mature AGS game for a change, I can only think of Donna, A Second Face, and lately PISS which feature nudity at all. I don't mind things like that as long as it's serves a purpose in the story, which it certainly appears to do in this case. So keep it up!

AnalogGuy

Quote from: Xyzzy on Wed 05/09/2012 14:51:48
Quote from: selmiak on Mon 03/09/2012 23:26:08
No, I really wanted to know why this is still being worked on, and why "Ghost" hasn't changed anything. This thread clearly indicates that he is facing a rough road with his current mixture of "mature content" and no information at all regading plot and puzzles.
I have no problems with a nude character, but right now it looks as if it really is the only gimmick Ghost is prepared to show/talk about. Isn't a GiP for sharing information?
Don't be such a troll about the nudity as if that would be a real issue. And aren't you aware that some games can be too great to even reveal a tiny bit of the plot? I mean that just giving away anything about the game could potentially reveal too much? IMHO it's best moment when you don't even have a clue about what the game will be about and then the game opens up for you with potentially amazing story that you didn't even have expectations.

Ghost told me that the game could be finished within 2 months and that it's realistic schedule. After he can finish the game, it ends up directly for me to compose it. How long it will take for me to compose the game? Who knows... From one week up to half an year!  (laugh)

So it is still being worked on, althought at slower pace. So don't worry.  ;)

Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Darth Mandarb

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I must now lock this.

Ghost, if you're out there somewhere...

http://youtu.be/Hn-enjcgV1o?t=1m1s

... and I will [so very] happily unlock this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk