Space Quest XII - Vohaul's Revenge II

Started by DrSlash, Wed 07/04/2010 09:13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSlash

Space Quest XII is a fan sequel to the Space Quest series. This project was started in February of 2009.

Download demo (Warning: demo doesn't represent full game's story & gameplay)

SQ Wiki article

Recruitment thread

Twitter

At the moment we need help of BG artists and portrait artists.

STORY:

Trying to avoid spoilers:

You are playing as Delphoid, one of the sequel policemen who was sent by Sludge Vohaul back in time to find and capture Roger Wilco.

TEAM:

Writing - DrSlash

Text - Narushima
Dialogs - DrSlash

Programming - DrSlash

BG art - position vacant
Additional BG art - DrSlash

Sprites & animation - DrSlash
Portraits & lip sync - position vacant

Music - Loney Childress
Additional music - DrSlash

SCREENSHOTS:

MISC:

Soundtrack
http://soundcloud.com/drslash/sets/space-quest-xii-ost

EGO walk-cycle preview (zoomable)
[imgzoom]http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1784;type=avatar[/imgzoom]

SKETCHES:

EDIT 2020: had to edit the first post to remove the link to my old Twitter account that I have deleted some time ago. Apparently, someone has now created a bot account with the same username and uses it to retweet all sorts of crap. ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

Gilbert

Make sure you add two in-game screenshots here though, or else this thread would be locked.

Sledgy

SOME INFO

Backgrounds and sprites're from official SQ games and unofficial fanremakes. Main theme of game is Space Quest 4 (there's 'SQ12 timeline' in this game).

In SQ12 by Slash your hero is sequel police, enemy from official game. And you must find and destroy Roger Wilco ;) There're fun moments, nostalgia and it's nice game for fans.

In demo you must do part of Vohaul's mission. And also there're some easter eggs.

Btw, Slash Vohaul (Dr.Slash) created several new graphics from old ones (for example, SP in timepod, SP death, SP with ancient bird, etc).

You can take English tra-file from 1st post, it's my work. I'm not very good English speaker, so it's not perfect, but you can understand main thoughts and some parts of humour.

So enjoy! IMHO it's brilliance SQ 'VGA' work.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to release an english translation on time with your demo/game.  It would be so much better if everyone producing games in non-English took the time to get a generic English translation first (even a poor one).  Looks good!

Edit:  Could you upload to a site that is English and doesn't require you to install any suspect addons to download a file?  Mediafire will do in a pinch.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 08/04/2010 00:55:14
Edit:  Could you upload to a site that is English and doesn't require you to install any suspect addons to download a file?  Mediafire will do in a pinch.
While I completely agree with the point, I must note (since I have a knowledge of that nuisance) that you are not oblidged to install that. You can unclick the checkbox under download link, if I remember correctly (but yeah, still something annoying).

DrSlash

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 08/04/2010 00:55:14
Could you upload to a site that is English and doesn't require you to install any suspect addons to download a file?
In fact I don't know why, but I can't edit any information about this game on it's page  :(

NsMn

Did you actually get the permission of Infamous Adventures to use that background form the SQ II remake?

DrSlash

in fact most of Labion bgs I used were made by Kippesoap and AGDI. Only one of them was made by IA

xenogia

You probably shouldn't use a background from IA's Space Quest 2 remake as they haven't released the game yet.  Or at least ask them out courtesy.

Darth Mandarb

This thread is a mess...

DrSlash - please update your original post to include the in-game screenshots and why do the "other" screenshots say Space Quest II?

blueskirt

Darth: Because the game will feature time travel?

DrSlash

blueskirt
you are right. it's because of time traveling. status bar changes just like in sq4

NsMn

Sledgy

Quote from: Xenogia on Thu 08/04/2010 12:40:09
You probably shouldn't use a background from IA's Space Quest 2 remake
I disagree, any AGSer can do anything and rip any background and sprites. One problem is ripping resources from commercial games, but really it's not so "problemo", 'cause Doc won't sell this game. It's just free fan game for fun.

btw, this thread exists on IA's forum. So nevermind.

Doc gonna create second demo, probably in July 2010.

Frodo

Quote from: Sledgy on Wed 19/05/2010 14:04:01
Doc gonna create second demo, probably in July 2010.

*really hopes this demo will work with Vista*   ;D

Blackthorne

Nope.  He didn't ask IA if he could use our SQ2 background.

But I'll take this announcement as "asking" and say yeah, we're fine with it.  Better to encourage people to make games than to slam them down, I always say.

Just feel free to send me a message next time and ask.  I could probably provide you with a better quality image.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

DrSlash

Blackthorne

ok) next time I'll ask You before using your bg's/sprites in my game  ;)

deadsuperhero

Quote from: NsMn on Fri 09/04/2010 19:04:21
Isn't that a _bit_ uncreative?

On the contrary, it's a fan implementation of a storyline that Sierra barely even bothered to bring up, save for Space Quest IV. Even the introduction to this fangame was interesting, as it provides an almost alternative-universe sort of perspective on the Space Quest series, told from the perspective of evil.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

NsMn

Maybe you should've read the post before mine there - what I was talking about was time travel.

DrSlash

New demo (50% of the game) is available (+now in English)
http://depositfiles.com/files/c50q6ekb8

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk