LittleDreamer- DEMO available

Started by Littlenate, Sat 10/04/2010 21:57:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlenate

Little Dreamer

Demo: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1241

Miranda is an ordinary little girl who is pulled into a rather large adventure. Soon after her brother falls into a coma Miranda is plagued with eerie dreams. She hears her brother's voice calling to her. Tonight she must fight through her nightmares to answer her brother's call for help. Follow her as she tries to save her brother with host of odd characters she meets along the way.

The Little Dreamer Demo is already up and running.  I have been working on changing up the inventory of late.

Hats will play an important part in the game, and I don’t want the players to have to search through their inventory to find the hat they need so I’m adding an Equipment Inventory in the form of a hat box.

To do this I have replaced the original inventory icon, the dream catcher, with a closet door.  Once in the closet you can access your toy box (Item Inventory), your hat box (Equip. Inventory) and your diary (if you have picked it up).

With the hat box open you can select your hat and place it onto the portrait of Miranda.  Once you exit the closet Miranda will be wearing the hat you chose.

Everything is coded and works for the new inventory.  Just have to finish the artwork which takes me the longest, because it is my least favorite thing to do.  Hope to have it done in a month’s time.  I will try to post some artwork as I go, and I will let you know when the update is available.*(UpDate Complete and Available)*

I only have 2 levels done and they are playable in the demo.  In the end this will be a large game so I still have quite a way to go.

Full Game Progress:
Story: 90%
Art: 15%
Code: 15%
Music & SFX: 15%

Igor Hardy

The demo is very good and already gives an epic feel. I'm looking forward to the full game.

Darth Mandarb

Please read the forum rules and update your post accordingly (you need two IN GAME screenshots, please read the rules carefully)

Littlenate

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sat 10/04/2010 23:01:38
Please read the forum rules and update your post accordingly (you need two IN GAME screenshots, please read the rules carefully)

Woops, ok added a second screen shot.  Thanks

Quote from: Ascovel on Sat 10/04/2010 22:17:49
The demo is very good and already gives an epic feel. I'm looking forward to the full game.

Thanks Ascovel and congrats on your win.

Littlenate

I finished the background for the new inventory
#1 is the equipment inventory, where Miranda can access the different hats she finds along the way.  The hat box will remain black and white until you find a hat and pick it up.  When you do this, the box will become active (colored in), and you can open it.  Simply interact with the hat box and choose the hat you desire.  Place that hat on the portrait of Miranda, and she will be wearing it in the picture and on her character when you exit the closet.
#2 is your item inventory.  This will always be in color and not black and white like the other objects in the closet.  Here Miranda can find any of the items she has picked up along the way except for hats.
#3 is Miranda’s diary.  Here she will write her thoughts down as she progresses through the dream world.  The diary will remain black and white (inactive) until you find it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk