Snakes of Avalon (Now with more POLISH!)

Started by Igor Hardy, Tue 04/05/2010 01:50:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

An all new trailer! http://www.vimeo.com/12800581

Though it uses the old version footage, there is a couple of surprises inside...

...most notably the new, original music composed by Mr ***** ******
(watch the trailer, and go to the address given at the end to find out by who ;P )

Big GC

Hey the download link page is 404 inactive....

Looks good, watched the trailer. Keen for download when its fixed  ;D
Making a game - this should be easy......?

Dualnames

Nice trailer, and Woohooooo for the music guy!! Still wondering how you got him ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Big GC on Sun 27/06/2010 08:21:38
Hey the download link page is 404 inactive....

Looks good, watched the trailer. Keen for download when its fixed  ;D

I took the download down for a short while because we're preparing an enhanced version, which will be actually also the final/complete version.

The release is planned for the 15th of July. Meanwhile you can follow all updates here: snakes.hardydev.com

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 27/06/2010 13:00:21
Nice trailer, and Woohooooo for the music guy!! Still wondering how you got him ;)

There's actually no great mystery behind it, but for the sake of mystery, I'll pretend there is one. Does this make any sense? ;)

CaptainD

Enjoyed the game overall.  The sprite graphics were excellent, very cartoony - great music - the whole thing was pretty surreal, which I liked, some good (and quite unusual) puzzles - it felt less restrictive than a lot of one-room games as the characters kept changing, good animation, made me laugh quite a few times, hare-brained but interesting plot (the hare-brained bit is also a plus point, btw!)

What I wasn't so keen on - I'm really not a fan of bad language or gross-out humour, so you can guess what parts I wasn't thrilled with!!  :P, and to me the impressionistic background graphics didn't really fit in with the quite detailed sprites.

Possible bugs? - One of the characters didn't show up as a clickable (might have been deliberate - the guy snoozing on the table at the left of the screen), when I tried to throw the honey at the hole in the pipe with steam coming out it just made me walk to a spot - interaction wasn't recognised at all?.  Guy never comes out of the toilet!!!  (Okay, that's probably not a bug...)

The only other thing I thought was that it might be nice to have an inventory item to start with - I spent ages trying to work out how to access my inventory and only realised that it stayed static on the bottom of the screen after I'd actually picked something up.  Maybe it's just me being dense though...  ::)

Interesting idea and amusing development of the murder plot.

LGM

Please release this tomorrow. I don't play many AGS games but I'm actually interested in playing this one!
You. Me. Denny's.

Igor Hardy

I'm really happy to hear there's interest in the game, but I need to confirm that Snakes is going to be delayed a bit. Life in Avalon is full of unexpected events unfortunately.

Anyway, the release will happen during the early days of August. Hopefully, we haven't ruined anyone's July with this.

EDIT(09.08): Had some hardware problems, but now it should be just 1 more week before we release the bastard! And the game is already great!

Igor Hardy

The final, improved version of Snakes is really close to release despite hitting all sorts of unexpected bumps along the way. Stay tuned.

Igor Hardy

Another bump... To happily announce I'm finally done with implementing all the new content. We just need this weekend or so to polish the new dialogs and a few rough edges.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 03/09/2010 17:50:09
Another bump... To happily announce I'm finally done with implementing all the new content. We just need this weekend or so to polish the new dialogs and a few rough edges.

Glad to hear it's nearly ready!  ;D

Baron

I can vouch for the fact that Ascovel has put a LOT of effort into polishing this game, adding new scenes and puzzles, menus and WTF moments.  From a moderately long MAGS game this project has evolved into a full-fledged (and fully original soundtracked) medium length adventure game.  I've seen the latest builds and I am amazed how far along it has come -fans of the original MAGS game will be equally impressed, and new players will be blown away by the hallucinogenic surrealism.  Good work, Ascovel!

Yeah, I helped a bit.  A couple dozen extra animations, and a few plot suggestions.  But Ascovel was the real work-horse behind this gem.

Baron

Igor Hardy

We're testing the "gem" like mad right now, so stay put, people!

And thanks very much, Baron! Part of the reason I wanted to do this "special edition" was for the rest of the game to measure up to your original animations and character design.

Baron

I heard a rumour that this game is being re-released tomorrow in it's final version of awesome amazingness.  Who's ready for Friday night at the bar, baby?!? 

See you out there.

Igor Hardy

And it's away... I mean released.

I'm too ruined by the crunch time to write anything enticing, so hopefully this beautiful shot of the main menu screen will suffice:

Can't wait to push those twisted buttons, eh? You can download our masterpiece from the database, HERE

My thanks to Baron, Thomas Regin, and everyone who took part in creating the game in some way!

More mirrors and goodies tomorrow.

Baron

MIRROR

Nice upgrades to the intro, Ascovel!  Many congrats on getting 'er done.  Cheers!

Sughly

Well done Ascovel!! Downloading now... though I'm deep into a uni assignment so will have to hold out until later tonight to check it out  :'(

Again, congrats on the release!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

thomasregin

Quote from: DualnamesNice trailer, and Woohooooo for the music guy!! Still wondering how you got him

LOL.. No hocus pocus there. Igor just happened to catch me at exactly the right time! :-)

Hope my music does the game justice.

Thomas

ddq

I absolutely love the game's theme song. Fits it perfectly. Downloading the finihes version.

Igor Hardy

Due to the Snakes of Avalon release we got interviewed by CaptainD's PC Gaming Blog: http://captaind-pc-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/09/captaind-interviews-esteemed-agsers.html

Also, if anyone here doesn't have a PC to play Snakes on, here's 2 minutes of footage from the very beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnFIJBBzB5E

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk