Snakes of Avalon (Now with more POLISH!)

Started by Igor Hardy, Tue 04/05/2010 01:50:37

Previous topic - Next topic

theo

Just beat this game the other day and gotta say I loved it. Very quirky and original. The talking beer mug cracked me up big-time. Whoever did the voice acting on that deserves big cred! Genius writing and performance.  ;D

My only gripe would be that the art in many places felt rather slapped together and unfinished. Sadly, I feel publicity-wise that the game will suffer from this and receive less attention than it deserves because of it. I loved the titles though, the main menu with its design and music rocks my socks off!

Great job!

Igor Hardy

Thanks, theo! :D

As for the talking beer mug scene, it was all invented, written, animated and voiced by the one and only Baron!

EDIT:

And now someone has extracted the mug from within the game! Seems like it has a life all of its own:

http://animatedpng.net/apng/1166/talking-beer-mug

Igor Hardy

Hey, if anyone would consider voting for Snakes in this year's IndieDB's comp, we will be most grateful:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/snakes-of-avalon

Also, GameZebo seems to really like our game.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

theo

Hey that's some awesome coverage you landed on gamezebo! Good job, man.  8)

theo

I saw a hobo today at the central station i Gothenburg who looked just like Jack in every single way one could possibly wish. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Odd experience. I hope he had his fish/moose in order.  ;D

Igor Hardy

You didn't take his contact details by any chance? We could use him for the FMV sequel.  ;)

EDIT: btw Thanks for everyone who voted. In the end Snakes didn't get nominated on IndieDB though - no traditional adventure game did as a matter of fact (Amnesia and Adam's Venture might be considered to represent the genre in the contest)

Daniel Thomas

I just played this game(I know, I'm slow) and I think it was awesome! Great atmosphere, fun characters(especially the fish and moose) and entertaining dialogues.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Igor Hardy

Thanks, zyndikate! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

For anyone who might be interested, the soundtrack release (which includes bonus and extended tracks) should appear here either tonight or tomorrow night.

Igor Hardy

And so here's our early/late Christmas present for you all! The Snakes of Avalon Holy Grail! The Soundtrack!

Don't forget to donate at least 60$ for it - it will all go towards our alcoholic needs (which enhance our game-making skills).

Includes such contemporary hits as Blood Blood Blood, Evil Fishes, Life Flashes by Before The Alcoholics Eye and The Salty Aftertaste of Revenge.

As well as the most controversial song of them all â€" Girls Are Bitches by Ashley Johnston.

It also includes extended and alternate tracks from the game.

Tell us what you think of it after listening.

theo

looping the soundtrack at the office today:) Love it. An incredibly moody mix that really, really complements the dark freaky world of snakes!

Igor Hardy

Thanks, theo! I'm glad to hear you're listening through the whole soundtrack and that it manages to recreate the strange world of the game. While I am happy with how we combined and ordered the music, I was still a little bit worried that without visual reference the contrasts between the moods of specific tracks might come off as too extreme and disconnected.

neon

GREAT!

Now the only thing I would like to have is the back cover for the jewel case, containing the track list. If you could offer this, I would print it and put the CD into my cd shelf, directly beneath the New Beginning Soundtrack. Deal?

Igor Hardy

Quote from: neon on Thu 23/12/2010 12:38:48
GREAT!

Now the only thing I would like to have is the back cover for the jewel case, containing the track list. If you could offer this, I would print it and put the CD into my cd shelf, directly beneath the New Beginning Soundtrack. Deal?

There is a track.list image included in the soundtrack archives (I'm attaching a miniature below). However, this was supposed to be on the back of the front cover and the back cover is an entirely different image (also included the archives). Does that make any sense?

neon

I didn't see there are images in the package, thanks!

But that's not what I mean. I mean a back cover with the labels for the side of the jewel case, so you can still read it when the CD is standing in the shelf. But I can also copy the track list image into the NERO cover designer and fill in the labels by myself, so don't care about it.

Great soundtrack btw.

Igor Hardy

Glad you're enjoying it, neon. And it's really cool to know that someone's going through the trouble of printing these covers and actually putting them in a jewel case and on a soundtrack shelf.

On an unrelated note, I botched up getting the issue of PC Gamer UK that has Snakes on its cover disc (issue 221). Unfortunately it seems like the bookstore-chain I knew for having game press imports from US and UK no longer sells them. Anyway, since the 22th, there's already a new PC Gamer (with Technobabylon on it), so getting the older one will be a bit more difficult now.

I was wondering if anyone of you British people out there would be interested in selling their copy of 221 to me and sending it over via mail (I will pay for it and for the mailing expenses)?

An image of my heart's desire courtesy of LimpingFish:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk