Fortnightly Writing - A Secret

Started by Oliwerko, Sun 09/05/2010 20:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Everyone has secrets. Everyone has something they can't tell anyone. This fortnight, I'd like you to write about it.

Write about a secret you can't/couldn't tell anyone, ever, no matter how you could try. That's it, no other restrictions; go and get carried away.

DEADLINES:
- Entries due: 23rd of May
- Voting: 'till ~5 days after closure, according to number of votes

I hope the topic strikes your creative side and you'll have fun writing the stories to let the others have fun reading them.

Looking forward for your entries!  :)

Dualnames

Not sure if you wanted us to share a story of ourselves or just write something fictional, but well there it is!

There was a time, a long time ago, where I was sitting late late at night at my computer working on a game. I usually do that with happy music, but I chose nostalgic. And from all the songs in the world I chose the one that would almost break my heart, because of the memories behind it.
Spoiler
I'm gonna mention it cause it's stupid.
[close]

I almost actually cried that night. But that was the least. I got depressed.

The funny thing with depression is that you know what makes you feel sad, point is you can't find something equally good to cheer you. So there I was trying to avoid making certain thoughts, but nothing would help. And so I decided to try reading books. I thought that 'd take my mind off things. And from all the books I choose one. It had some friendly letters on it. The best advice everyone ever gave me.  
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

I'm entering this one.  Just started a story :-)

Oliwerko

Just a reminder - there are only three days left, so the ones that haven't started yet better get going  :P

ddq

My entry stars someone we all know and love and provides startlingly canon character development!
I present...
Oceanspirit Dennis in: A Secret in the Night

This city needs me. It needs the hero it knows, but will it accept who he really is? I've watched over this city through its hardest times, defended it. They call me the scourge of the underworld, but are they ready for the truth? Sometimes the truth is not enough, and we both knew it.

"It's good to see you back to normal, Ray," I said, as I strolled in the back door. The curse he was blighted with by that evil blob had finally wore off and his regular appearance had returned. After that last battle when he left to play Snakes of Avalon, I hadn't considered that he would go back home to actually play it.
"Why do you smell so bad?" inquired Ray, standing up from his computer chair.
"I was looking for you at the wharf. It's a long story involving pirates, a rat, and a strange box. But that's not important right now."
Ray sighed, shaking his head and looking at the floor. We'd had this discussion before, but it always came to a stalemate. He, for it, me, against.
"I'm tired of living a lie, Dennis," he said.
I looked him in the eye. "Lies keep the world safe."
This wasn't easy for either of us. Ray understood justice and I could only hope he would think about the greater good.
"I've told you, this city isn't ready for the truth. I know this is hard to hear, but it needs me, not us."
"But do you need us?"
I had hoped the conversation wouldn't turn here.
"Ray, I'm starting to think you don't trust me," I stated plainly.
"I don't think this about the city anymore," he replied. "I think you might be hiding something from me."
Did he know? Was he aware of how close he was to discovering my secret? A true warrior makes the first move, so I acted.
"I'm not sure I'm completely gay, Ray. Now you know. I think for both of us, and for the good of this city, we should put our relationship on hold until I work out my sexuality."
"I see," he responded dejectedly. I didn't want to upset him, but the truth could only stay hidden so long. And it was the truth, and even I wouldn't know for sure until I completed my quest to be certain.
"Ray, I'm going to go on an adventure and when I return, if I discover that I truly am homosexual, I promise that I will come back to you."
He looked me straight in the eyes and whispered, "Is that the truth?"

But he and I both knew that sometimes, the truth is not enough.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: ddq on Fri 21/05/2010 06:27:20
Oceanspirit Dennis in: A Secret in the Night

So cliché but delightful ;-)
I like the twisted humour.

Oliwerko

So, according to my calendar the deadline passed at midnight.

While I hoped for more entries, I guess we have to be satisfied with a "competition" of two.

Let the voting commence!

Atelier

Dualnames cos it came from the heart!

Igor Hardy

I shouldn't vote, because my game is mentioned in one of the stories, but I still want to express my happiness over the fact that Snakes of Avalon has been embraced so well by gay people.

ddq

Dualnames gets my vote, and I promise it isn't because he's the only option!

Oliwerko

I don't think there's any point in letting this event sit here any longer, so:

Well done both of you, and congratulations Dualnames on winning the compo!

We're looking forward for the next topic  :)

Dualnames

Oh. Oh. Oh.
Thanks a lot for the votes there! I thought I voted by the way  :(

Anyhow!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk