HARD SPACE: Conquest of the Gayliks (now in Eroti-Vision!)

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Tue 11/05/2010 23:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Have you ever wanted to Captain your own starship?
Do you like boobs -- especially big ones?
Do you have the need to tear off your pants and make manly poses?
Do you love ACTION and SEX and MYSTERY?

If you've answered yes to anything then Hard Space is just the thing you need to make your day complete!

Jack says hello to a down-on-his-luck local.

Story:

You are Captain Jack Hardin, sometimes hero, often playboy, but always the black sheep of the Interstellar Commonwealth.  Recently re-assigned to the ISC Penetrator, a ship crewed almost entirely by male homosexuals, you (as Captain Jack) must find a way to satisfy your monstrous libido while saving the crew from certain death at the hands of a strange energy force that could threaten the very Commonwealth!

You are cordially invited to a deathmatch with a gigantic bear monster.  Pants are optional.

Features:

Brain-bending PUZZLES!

Pant-Pissing ACTION!

Gut-Grinding SUSPENSE!

Scintillatingly-Sexual NUDITY!

Amazingly-Accurate AWARDS and DEMERITS!

AND MORE!

Search results that just might make your face fly off in astonishment!

So what are you waiting for?  Oh, a download link!

Updated October 30, 2010:

1.  Included a circuit status LED to make the Transputter puzzle easier.
2.  Cleaned up dialogs.

http://www.pixelgeddon.com/downloads/games/HardSpaceAdvance!.rar

OR

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=&action=detail&id=1318

Bug Reports?  Questions?  Love for me and the guys that made this possible?

http://www.pixelgeddon.com/forum/index.php

Snake

This is hilarious and I haven't even loaded it downwards yet, Proggy ;D
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

GarageGothic

Whoah, just had a horrible flashback to my pimply teenage days and playing the Brad Stallion games on the Amiga. But knowing ProgZ, unlike those "comedies" this one will actually be funny ;).

The color scheme looks a bit too harsh on the retinas for my tired eyes at this late hour, but I'll definitely give it a go tomorrow. Congrats on the release!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Those Brad Stallion games look awesome...how could I have never known of them until now?  I will download those immediately, thanks GarageGothic ;D

abstauber

Yay, I haven't expected the full version this soon. Also I absolutely enjoy this more mature setting :D

...downloading...

(is there a cheat to get past the transputer yet?)

Pixelton

This is amazing man! Love the artwork and the animation, I'll be giving this more of a blast..plus I love star trek parodies!
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

AngelicCharon

Shame on me for not posting on this thread earlier.  GRANDIOSE shame.

I realize a lot of people were having trouble with the transputter puzzle, but in all honesty, it's worth pushing past it.  Whether you end up looking online for help through it or not.

Multiple endings.  Various paths.  Plenty of replay value.  A lot of bang for the download.

Fun graphics, great story with interesting characters, great writing, and a great soundtrack.

Trust me, don't give up, play it through, you'll likely enjoy it and possibly play it again to try to find another ending. :)

Leon

It's worth the game. Too bad there are dozens of bugs and glitches. And too many annoying points: the transputter, the moment of saving before going into the arena (way too much dialog to repeat) and the upload terminal. I can imagine people reaching a point of giving up. Shame though...

For those stuck with the transputter: look here.

[edit: attenuated my comment....  personal frustration got the upper hand..]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I was uploading a new version.  It should be fine now.  The readme covers the minor changes.

Sslaxx

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 18/05/2010 22:20:39
I was uploading a new version.  It should be fine now.  The readme covers the minor changes.
EDIT: Working now... odd it wasn't after you'd uploaded the newer version though.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The link is working for me (it was uploading rather slowly earlier).  Anyone still unable to download it?

ThreeOhFour

There is a walkthrough for this game here for anybody who is having problems completing the game.

So now you have no excuse!  :D

(I didn't write it though!)

Regnum Eternum

Do you always get a bronze rating at the end just because you're playing on easy mode?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

No, but the walkthrough posted above will prevent you from getting any kind of decent rating.  The best rating easy can get is Silver :).

Regnum Eternum

Huh. I did some things different from the walkthrough, such as

Spoiler

using the spear on the growlkin and sending the captain into the temple first, and I still got a bronze rating. I recorded my captain's log whenever it would let me and I gave the wounded man something for his pain in the village. I also tried to get to know the crew. I must have missed something.
[close]

Thanks for the reply.  :)

blueskirt

I'm putting this game on hold until walk-through for higher difficulty levels than easy get posted.

The game is great, all these corny dialogues and situations have me laughing out loud and I intend to finish the game, but I'm afraid I'm all out of patience for combination puzzles. Currently I'm stuck at the second one in the temple.

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

blueskirt

I gave that tough temple second combination puzzle another try earlier this morning and I finally solved it, and finished the game, with a disastrous Bronze rank, but to quote the immortal words of Captain Zapp Brannigan: We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?

Excluding the infamous first puzzle which, I believe, everything has been said about already, and the issues where you got to be at a very precise spot to discuss with Tagai, Scatty and interact with the temple's puzzles and the ruins' consoles, the game was fantastic and I really hope we'll see more of Jack Hardin, his crew and their cheesy adventures.

Funny thing, during the epilogue, I found myself taking Shatner-esque poses. ;D

Awards unlocked: Versatile, Pantsed, Amicable and Rank C

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk