Oceanspirit Dennis: Mighty Pirate

Started by ThreeOhFour, Thu 20/05/2010 03:13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Because somebody had to take the joke too far

Life partner Ray has gone to play adventure games and Oceanspirit Dennis must win his love back by starring in an adventure game of his own!

Dennis hatched from an egg laid by Snake, was given backstory by ddq, listens to music by Sebastian and dances like a puppet to my whims.

DOWNLOAD!

Also there is some source code for anyone who might want it.

Brought to you by Square Peniks.

Dualnames

LOL WTF I laughed my ass off!! So random!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

xenogia

Oceanspirit is not even fabulous gay.. pshaw... funny as hell though.

Gilbert

Spoiler
I have a large, powerful looking sword yet I cannot do things like cutting a rose. I have a small blunt knife yet I cannot cut it either. I have...
[close]

Now I have beaten this epic full-length hard game. This makes me gay. :=

Ponch

Has it occurred to anyone that we may be looking at the next RON?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more emo pirate adventures! :D

ThreeOhFour

Duals & Xenogia: My jokes are funny? ??? Yaaaay  ;D

Gilbet: Haha yes I thought that was hilarious! Glad to hear you're feeling happy  :=

Ponch: No promises, but the thought has crossed my mind.  8)

xenogia

Hey Ponch, Yeah Ben304 and I were talking about it.  I would even host it on my webspace.. lol

Dualnames

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 20/05/2010 05:42:22
Has it occurred to anyone that we may be looking at the next RON?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more emo pirate adventures! :D

When the first game was released  I stumbled upon that thought. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ddq

What the shit was that? Oh wait, it was amazing! I see OSD has worked his way up from JRPG to one room adventure, so here's hoping he's got prospects for a full fledged adventure game! Maybe in this one, the player can choose his sexuality.

Also, besides Oceanspirit, the OS in OSD stands for open source, so good to see the tradition is being kept.

Ponch

Since this is clearly "the next big thing" in the world of freeware gaming, I'm eager to jump on the bandwagon and contribute my part in a desperate bid to be part of the "cool crowd" (or whatever you kids are calling it these days).

As such, I'll be crestfallen if someone doesn't use this logo for a future Oceanspirit Dennis game.

BEHOLD! The (hopefully) official SQUARE-PENIKS logo!
(I think the blue bits really tie it into the AGS community!)

Am I one of the cool kids now? :D

- Ponch

-------------
PS I'm calling dibs on the inevitable "marooned on a desert island game" that will be coming along shortly (maybe this weekend).

Darius Poyer

It's actually pretty good for what it is.

next, Oceanspirit Dennis fight's the flying whale? only time will tell...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

OCEANSPIRIT DENNIS: EPISODE 3
-------------------------------------------

It is a time of GALACTIC UNCERTAINTY...

Somehow the villains of the DARK UNDERWORLD have escaped and unified under a single banner.

Their leader, DREKHURL, is intent on the domination of all sentient life in the cosmos, and all who oppose him meet gruesome fates.

Meanwhile, OCEANSPIRIT DENNIS has defeated all enemies on his native planet and leaves in search of greater challenges.

Little does he know that the ENIGMATIC and DANGEROUS bounty hunter CAPTAIN THADDEUS P. STARFUKK is watching his every move...

xenogia

@ProgZMax:  It has a very C64/Amstrad CPC look to it .. I like :D

ThreeOhFour

I approve of this screen 100000%

And then some more percent.

ddq

Just make sure he broods. He's a very broody guy. He's like if Batman and Cloud Strife had a baby.
Also, you might want to check out an OSD story I wrote for the Fortnightly Writing competition.

Jim Reed

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 21/05/2010 05:39:23
DREKHURL

Lol, drek means shit here, so it would be something like shit-hurler XD

Nice screen!

Vince Twelve

ProgZ: Boomshakalaka.

On an unrelated note: perhaps time to move this thread to Adventure Talk and Chat?  I'm not sure if Completed Game Announcements can handle this much win.

Zyargeikunn

I like the whole joke and your ever amazing output, but the homophobia didn't have to be. Or did I understand something wrong?

ThreeOhFour

It wasn't intended to be homophobic :)

If there was something in there that seemed homophobic and offended you, then I am sorry, but surely silly things like him finding the mention of breasts and that disgusting isn't homophobia.

Sslaxx

Quote from: Ben304 on Sun 30/05/2010 02:38:34
It wasn't intended to be homophobic :)

If there was something in there that seemed homophobic and offended you, then I am sorry, but surely silly things like him finding the mention of breasts and that disgusting isn't homophobia.
Wouldn't that actually be heterophobia? grins
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk