Aidas Strange Christmas

Started by King_wiking, Mon 31/05/2010 14:17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

King_wiking

This is a game I made for my girlfriend (yes I have one and still make games) for Christmas 2009.

I originally started developing it for 2008s Christmas, but didn't finish it in time. I got a little over ambitious, but managed to have it ready for 2009. She liked it, though, because she is a gamer she found some buggs and I wasn't completely happy about all the music in the game. So I decided to fix those things and has now uploaded it here. I mean, if my girlfriend likes it then everyone else also must like it.
Her taste is impeccable, I mean, she likes me, right?

A little off-season but what the heck.
Everyone misses winter in the summer, right?

The Story:

It's christmas eve and Aida is meeting her boyfriend outside the local cinema, though he doesn't show up. So she first smokes a cigarette and then decides to go and search for him. This takes her on a journey through time and space, all the while not learning any cheesy christmas lesson.

About the game:

- Meet the amazing main character Aida!
- Two different endings.
- Open ended gameplay with different paths you can finish in your own way.
- Moderatly funny dialogue.
- Bizarre minigames.
- Classic point-and-click style of gameplay.
- Gore (Of course, but not too much. It is a christmas game after all.)
- Learn of swedish christmas traditions. (No elfs or other americanish styled christmas characters.)
- A game made out of love for another person (quite freaky if you ask me).
- About 5-6 hours of gameplay.

Some screenshots:

Gilbert

Looks nice. I have to click your profile to find the link in the Games page though. It's recommended that you also put the link in this thread.

King_wiking

Thanks for pointing it out.

Slipped my mind.

SarahLiz

This is a really cute game, still working on it...a few spelling errors is all I see so far...   ;)

But anyhow, I had been waiting for it to come out, and I like it a lot!  Cute graphics!

King_wiking

Thanks.  :)

I'm from Sweden so english isn't really my first language, but I try.

jack12345

Really charming and cute game. I loved it

Shadow1000

One bug (I think?)

Spoiler
Once I completed the room in the tower where you sneak past the wolverbogg to activate the machine, the wolverbogg follows me around for the rest of the game. he doesn't kill me but he gets in my way. Is there a way to get rid of him?
[close]

Also

Spoiler
to release the force field, based on the hint, I THINK you need the revived carrot and the mug of water. When I try using them together it says that it's right but I need to do it later. I can't use them separately. What am I missing?
[close]

sthomannch

Shadow1000
bug: probably, have not seen that

Spoiler

Right idea to mix water with something revived, but not the carrot
[close]

Spoiler

Carrot can only be used once in the right place, so perhaps you have to finish another task first
[close]

big spoiler
Spoiler

There is an old, dead tree close to the rabbit hole - rest should be obvious now
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 27/12/2020 21:12:07
Shadow1000
bug: probably, have not seen that

Spoiler

Right idea to mix water with something revived, but not the carrot
[close]

Spoiler

Carrot can only be used once in the right place, so perhaps you have to finish another task first
[close]

big spoiler
Spoiler

There is an old, dead tree close to the rabbit hole - rest should be obvious now
[close]

Thanks, I didn't know about that area and I overlooked completing that task! I got rid of the errant wolverbogg by visiting its room again. I finished the game.

GREAT game. Lots of puzzles and things to do, and really good puzzle design. Thanks for reviving it after 10 years!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk