neku's new trip[complete]

Started by Icey, Mon 31/05/2010 21:16:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

i have finally finished NNT complete, tell what do you think of it?

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1316

m0ds

You haven't included screenshots, any info about the game and judging by all your uploads this one is going to be just as suspicious. Is it really a game? I guess if it's not on the DB in a few days I'll know for sure...

ddq

Holy fucking shit, why on earth is it 114 MB? Anyway, nice to see you're now evidently ripping off T-Mobile as well as Squeenix in addition to continuing to avoid reading the forum rules.

Icey

It's out just click my name.
 I had pic's up but the topic got locked. I will post pic's of the final

Icey

Quote from: ddq on Mon 31/05/2010 21:28:44
Holy fucking shit, why on earth is it 114 MB? Anyway, nice to see you're now evidently ripping off T-Mobile as well as Squeenix in addition to continuing to avoid reading the forum rules.
NNT part one is included + there is like 2 or 3 vids
    I'm not ripping off from TM. There is a phone in TWEWY(nds) and there is one in NNT(ags) but befor it was the side kick(which made in error in the first NNT). I did not want to leave out the phone so I made a new one with new stuff but I wll the 2 new things in V2.0

Atelier

Nobody has any idea what you're talking about.

kaputtnik

I have! He's talking about a phone!

Also: Copyright infringement can be punished with house arrest up to one week, Icey. And no dessert!
I, object.

Icey

Quote from: kaputtnik on Mon 31/05/2010 22:23:13
I have! He's talking about a phone!

Also: Copyright infringement can be punished with house arrest up to one week, Icey. And no dessert!
NO, I'm not steal just advertising

roll

Icey

Icey

Crimson Wizard

Icey, I got a terrible feeling that this thread will be locked by forum moderators.

You MUST provide the DESCRIPTION of your game and the DOWNLOAD LINK in your FIRST POST in this forum thread.

Seriously... is this so difficult to do? Do you really think everyone around knows what your NNT game is about? For example, I don't. I don't even know who Neku is.

Gilbert

Neku's first name is Dennis, obviously.

Icey

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 01/06/2010 08:40:23
Icey, I got a terrible feeling that this thread will be locked by forum moderators.

You MUST provide the DESCRIPTION of your game and the DOWNLOAD LINK in your FIRST POST in this forum thread.

Seriously... is this so difficult to do? Do you really think everyone around knows what your NNT game is about? For example, I don't. I don't even know who Neku is.
sorry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_g6EXYY5s

Icey

Neku's personality is rather unsociable. He has a lot of difficulty understanding people, so he always keeps to himself. Unfortunately, this results in his dislike of dealing with other people. His opinion of others is so low that he tends to see people only for their use. Neku refuses company, as he feels that friends only drag him down, cause him pain when they fail him and make him feel like "unnecessary baggage" to them. To him, society is simply an annoyance that forces their values on him, pester him and expect him to do things he doesn't want to do. As such, he admires the designer CAT for his/her "do what you want, when you want, where you want" motto.

Though at first his negative world view keeps his friends alienated despite their best efforts, Neku slowly softens as he listens to the advice of everybody around him. He becomes more open and trustful of others as he gets to know people like Shiki, Joshua, Beat, Rhyme, Hanekoma and others like sora from KH. As time passes, he begins to understand more about others and believes in his friends.

In the parallel universe of "Another Day", Neku did have one friend, a classmate of his. However, this friend was killed in a car accident en route to meet Neku at Udagawa. Neku blamed himself for his friend's death, as he was the one who asked to meet. While it is not stated that the "main" Neku had this experience, the Secret Report for Week 2, Day 5 notes that Neku has had some sort of "trauma" in his past. Additionally, when Rhyme is erased, Neku says,"I feel like crap. This is just like that time.", supporting the notion that he has experienced the death of someone close to him. He constantly feels that he's becoming emotionally injured in this chapter

Crimson Wizard

Icey... :)
thanks.

But what you must do is EDIT your first post in this thread. There's an "Modify" button above each your post. Find your first post at the beginning of this thread and edit it. Put all these descriptions there.

There are certain forum rules, and I feel sorry for your threads that become locked because you don't follow the requirements.

Jim Reed

Gravity

Seriously... The second screenshot says by Square Enix & Icey Games? Listen, I know suing you would not be worth their time but if they did it would be funny as hell. Get your head out of fantasy land kid or your going to end up in a lot of trouble one day. I'm usually not one to knock people but there is only so much bullshit people can take before they put on their thigh high boots and walk away in disgust. Oh and I guess congrats are in order for completing your game. While I'm at it, maybe I should congratulate Square Enix too? /RANT

Icey

Quote from: Gravity on Tue 01/06/2010 16:33:22
Seriously... The second screenshot says by Square Enix & Icey Games? Listen, I know suing you would not be worth their time but if they did it would be funny as hell. Get your head out of fantasy land kid or your going to end up in a lot of trouble one day. I'm usually not one to knock people but there is only so much bullshit people can take before they put on their thigh high boots and walk away in disgust. Oh and I guess congrats are in order for completing your game. While I'm at it, maybe I should congratulate Square Enix too? /RANT
Thank's. Oh and beside's PMQ.4 this will be my last square game. I don't work with square I just featur some stuff from FF in pub master quest,ect...

Chicky

Quote from: Jim Reed on Tue 01/06/2010 15:09:01
AYE! Proper sentences! =D

Don't count on it, i'm guessing that was a copy and paste from a wiki.

Judging by the video, all of iceygames pictures have been crude tracings of a Jap Square Enix game. Sorry if this has already been established.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: icey games on Tue 01/06/2010 17:31:08
I don't work with square I just featur some stuff from FF in pub master quest,ect...

By that you mean steal:=

NsMn

Thank's. Oh and beside's PMQ.4 this will be my last square game. I don't work with square I just featur some stuff from FF in pub master quest,ect...

Apparently you wouldn't even realize if somebody would laugh in your face so hard that your hair gets wet.

Icey

Quote from: NsMn on Tue 01/06/2010 18:35:39

Apparently you wouldn't even realize if somebody would laugh in your face so hard that your hair gets wet.
Apparently I doubt Mario or Nintendo would approve of you...Maio

Victor6

Quote from: icey games link=topic=41035.msg542856#msg542856
Apparently I doubt Mario or Nintendo would approve of you...Maio
/quote]

Doesn't matter. That's clearly a parody, which is allowed (or at least, a gray area) under copyright law.

If you make a game which mocks square-enix games, say one where the hero has to go through a 15 minute emo flash-black sequence every time he attacks, it's legal(ish).

Icey

I'm not mocking square! they inspired me to make fantasy's game's I would never mock them.i don't want to make a game with square's stuff that's a joke game! I like to make remake's with an Original story...there got it?

LimpingFish

We've established Icey's MO in previous treads, so let's try to not get sidetracked in recycling similar discussions.

114mb is a tall order, though, for what again amounts to little actual game.

And a cursor that you have to guess what mode it's in - right-clicking changes functions, but the actual icon remains the same - is madness.

On the whole, makes slightly more sense than Icey's last few games.

Still can't fathom his approach to game making. Whoever he is.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Icey

Quote from: LimpingFish on Tue 01/06/2010 22:05:35
We've established Icey's MO in previous treads, so let's try to not get sidetracked in recycling similar discussions.

114mb is a tall order, though, for what again amounts to little actual game.

And a cursor that you have to guess what mode it's in - right-clicking changes functions, but the actual icon remains the same - is madness.

On the whole, makes slightly more sense than Icey's last few games.

Still can't fathom his approach to game making. Whoever he is.

Sorry, it was supposed to be a ds stylus but I will change the colors so you/all will know which one your on.I'm just so used to it.

Khris

This game is severely broken. It's pretty easy to make all kinds of different GUIs overlap each other, with no way out.
Exits are indistinguishable from scenery, the battle system is a complete mess.
Having identical cursors for different modes is a joke. You don't use four different styluses on a DS, that's why the games are built in a way that requires only tapping or dragging. (There are probably around 50 threads in the Beginner's forum dealing with how to build a one cursor mode interface.)

Then there's all the stolen stuff, and the ridiculous HD logo. In a 320 game.

You're trying way too hard, and it shows all over the place.

And I can't believe you mistake angry rants peppered with sarcasm for praise... :'(

You're still too proud or too young or too stupid or whatever to read the frigging forum rules or at least to listen to people.

Icey

Quote from: Khris on Tue 01/06/2010 23:10:56
This game is severely broken. It's pretty easy to make all kinds of different GUIs overlap each other, with no way out.
Exits are indistinguishable from scenery, the battle system is a complete mess.
Having identical cursors for different modes is a joke. You don't use four different styluses on a DS, that's why the games are built in a way that requires only tapping or dragging. (There are probably around 50 threads in the Beginner's forum dealing with how to build a one cursor mode interface.)

Then there's all the stolen stuff, and the ridiculous HD logo. In a 320 game.

You're trying way too hard, and it shows all over the place.

And I can't believe you mistake angry rants peppered with sarcasm for praise... :'(

You're still too proud or too young or too stupid or whatever to read the frigging forum rules or at least to listen to people.
HD: it goes higher you have to set it.
phone/map:they can be exited with the button you used to open it.
battle:sorry,the battle was being made at the same time we were talking in the last topic were rpg's dont fit for AGS and I think you was the only one who made one.In book 2 there will be more battle's.

LimpingFish

Quote from: icey games on Wed 02/06/2010 00:16:26
HD: it goes higher you have to set it.
battle:sorry,the battle was being made at the same time we were talking in the last topic were rpg's dont fit for AGS and I think you was the only one who made one.In book 2 there will be more battle's.

I'm seriously starting to think this is all one big joke, because the above post is obviously constructed to hit the reader with maximum comedic impact.

Or I could be losing my mind.

xenogia

I just let it download this morning before work.  I look forward to some broken gameplay when I get home ;)

EDIT: Why the F**K do you have an 86mb music.vox file.  That is truly ridiculous.

Icey

Quote from: Xenogia on Wed 02/06/2010 00:32:26
I just let it download this morning before work.  I look forward to some broken gameplay when I get home ;)
HAHAHA...funny-play it and post what you think...

idk about the vox

LRH

Well congratulations in one aspect, icey. You released your game not too long ago but you've managed to get an insane amount of ...uh... 'feedback' for just a couple days.

Icey

Quote from: Domithan on Wed 02/06/2010 01:22:49
Well congratulations in one aspect, icey. You released your game not too long ago but you've managed to get an insane amount of ...uh... 'feedback' for just a couple days.
Thanks...I think....

Khris

Quote from: icey games on Wed 02/06/2010 00:16:26HD: it goes higher you have to set it.

Bigger pixels isn't HD. HD is more pixels.

When I opened the phone GUI, I klicked the S button. This brought up the Save GUI, but behind the phone. I couldn't close the phone to see all the Save GUI buttons because when I pressed N, it just put an "n" in the Save GUIs text field.
The restore GUI at the beginning of the Game also doesn't work. It actually showed the name of my one save game, but clicking that or anything else didn't work.

It looks like you created this blindly and then released it without testing any of its functionality.

Gilbert

HD means Huge Di... errr... Huge Dots, so icey is correct here. :=

Normally I download every completed AGS game (save for the commercial ones) for personal archival purpose (even though I may never open it), but after someone mentioning the size of this download I'm still hesitating.

So, come to think about it. Is it really necessary for you to stuff your game full of stolen graphics and music data, whilest you didn't even spend much time working on the game to make it worthwhile for playing other than just the self-proclaiming factor of 'Yay! I see my favourite characters, moving, in my own game'?

Remember, a well designed game need not be bloated with superior graphics and music. Art does help in making a game better if the game itself is good enough already, but this does NOT help if the game is poor to begin with. Also, by superior art we'd prefer something really original. It just isn't worth wasting huge amount of space with stuff we have already seen somewhere else, instead of functional and non-space wasting ones.

Icey

I just say HD cause of how much work I put into a game + the black borders :)
all the art i did using photo shop except the shibuya & Travers town but one room in shibuya was me.
as for the space it is aa lot i did not see that.I put neku's new trip to make it long that's why it's called complete book all the chapters are in NNT:CB except chap1

a}should I take it out
  b} should I keep it in

Technocrat

As someone who's seen a lot of trolling, I'd have to say that Icey is one, but is often a funny one. A skilful parody of the overzealous fanboy unaware of the gulf between their aim of making the next Final Fantasy, and their abilities.

On the other hand, there's always people like Chris-Chan who prove that sometimes, there really are people who plumb those depths. Which gives me an idea...

*pens idea for Sonichu/Oceanspirit Dennis crossover*

Calin Leafshade

has anyone noticed the "data install.dll"

what *is* that exactly...

EDIT: oh never mind.. it's a plain text file about mognet..

Khris

Also, the preloading screen says "installing..." at the bottom :)

Icey

Now I remember! That's why there's a data install.dll my friend gave it to me cause it was suposed to help save/loading games...guess it's not gonna work...oh well.l'll try to fix that (25%/100% it will work)

LimpingFish

The dll is a plain text file, as Calin said, with a short blurb and a url, so I don't think it was ever intended to do anything. And if you took all the stolen content out of these games, I'd say you'd be left with a zipped download of about 1mb.

If somebody has proof that icey isn't the real deal, then please do share.

And if he is a comedy troll, then I tip my hat.

xenogia

I installed, I got to the first room.  The interface is broken I gave up after a minute.  Then I pressed Alt+F4 :P

Icey

B-b-broken!?! what did you press!?!

xenogia

From this post on I am not saying anything to Icey from now on.

Gravity

A cleverly disguised troll is still a troll nevertheless. I have my doubts about this whole situation and even though I have plenty of free time, none of this is worth sparing even a second more for this charade. Icey, if this is who you really are - well then - I feel sorry for you. If not, then spare us of your ridiculous comedic act.

Icey

Quote from: Gravity on Thu 03/06/2010 01:47:47
A cleverly disguised troll is still a troll nevertheless. I have my doubts about this whole situation and even though I have plenty of free time, none of this is worth sparing even a second more for this charade. Icey, if this is who you really are - well then - I feel sorry for you. If not, then spare us of your ridiculous comedic act.

WTF am I doing wrong here!?!. THis is the most stressful site! All i want to do is make a good game but I also loved other game made by other people! just because i use the sprites,music,bg art does not mean i cant do it! I only use other music because it can fit my games, I also don't have music skill's! only art...and I'm not a damn troll! you are SO PISS OFF BACK TO YOU DESKTOP! It so simple, if there is a problem post here.need more preview pic's just say it. Stop hating - all I hear is forum rules-forum rules It's when people jump on my topic and talk sh!t is when I get heated then the topic becomes HOT then mod check's it out and it's stuff like this...

Gilbert

QuoteWTF am I doing wrong here!?!. THis is the most stressful site! All i want to do is make a good game but I also loved other game made by other people!
Then, really try to make a good game. The main problem is, as many people have already mentioned, you didn't even try to put some thinking in the game's design and in testing.
Quotejust because i use the sprites,music,bg art does not mean i cant do it!
No, you can't if it's illegal, obviously.
QuoteI only use other music because it can fit my games, I also don't have music skill's! only art...
There are free tunes if you search (or ask) that you can safely use in your games, so you don't really need to rip copyrighted stuff, and in fact, for people's training games it's not absolutely needed to have music at all, especially when the music tracks contribute to a large fraction of the download which is just a burden to the downloader's side.
Stop hating - all I hear is forum rules-forum rules It's when people jump on my topic and talk sh!t is when I get heated then the topic becomes HOT then mod check's it out and it's stuff like this...
It's not really about hate, but rules are rules. They aren't here without a reason. If you insist on ignoring people's suggestions and such rules you are having a problem here.

xenogia

On a quick note can someone just ban him.  I've had enough.

Ryan Timothy B

It's because you're bloody dense.  We say things and you honestly have no idea what has been said.

For instance, Xenogia says: The interface is broken I gave up after a minute.
You respond with: B-b-broken!?! what did you press!?!

He didn't say "Hey, I broke the interface. I gave up.".  He literally said that the interface was broken itself.  Which means that you programmed a very poor user interface that is very hard for people to use and understand.

Honestly, if your goal is "All i want to do is make a good game", then you should spend more than 5 minutes ripping graphics and videos and wrapping it all together into a big pile of unsatisfying crap; which usually leaves the player with a bitter taste in their mouth and their pants around their ankles.

Think about how the game feels.  If someone else made this game, and you played it, how would you feel about it?  And be honest with yourself.
Also, more importantly: get yourself a beta tester.  But I doubt you'd pay attention to any advice they give you.

Icey

Quote from: Gilbet V7000a on Thu 03/06/2010 02:33:53
QuoteWTF am I doing wrong here!?!. THis is the most stressful site! All i want to do is make a good game but I also loved other game made by other people!
Then, really try to make a good game. The main problem is, as many people have already mentioned, you didn't even try to put some thinking in the game's design and in testing.
Quotejust because i use the sprites,music,bg art does not mean i cant do it!
No, you can't if it's illegal, obviously.
QuoteI only use other music because it can fit my games, I also don't have music skill's! only art...
There are free tunes if you search (or ask) that you can safely use in your games, so you don't really need to rip copyrighted stuff, and in fact, for people's training games it's not absolutely needed to have music at all, especially when the music tracks contribute to a large fraction of the download which is just a burden to the downloader's side.
Stop hating - all I hear is forum rules-forum rules It's when people jump on my topic and talk sh!t is when I get heated then the topic becomes HOT then mod check's it out and it's stuff like this...
It's not really about hate, but rules are rules. They aren't here without a reason. If you insist on ignoring people's suggestions and such rules you are having a problem here.

Umm...

1)I do so! I put a lot of work into NNT

2)ok, I see what you are saying but I did a hell of work in this game alone regardless  of the music,sprites

3)I really did'nt think it was the one taking up all the space

4)true - true but I really do read'em it's just I cant see were I went wrong in my topic(s)

AngelicCharon

Richter Belmont : Die monster! You don't belong in this forum!
Dracula : It was not by my hand that I am given so much attention. I was called here by posters who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter Belmont : Tribute? You steal men's intellectual properties, sprites, music, videos, and make them your slaves!
Dracula : Perhaps the same could be said of all game's.
Richter Belmont : Your words are as empty as your soul! Forumkind ill-needs a creator such as you!
Dracula : W-w-hat is a game creator? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...have at you!

Gilbert

Quote from: icey games on Thu 03/06/2010 03:03:03
Then you need to try harder. The main problem is, people are used to the simplicity of training games of newbies. They wouldn't mind if these games are really small and simple, but you're upsetting a crowd by bloating your game with unnecessary (, non-original and illegal) stuff and claim that it's all your own work.
2)ok, I see what you are saying but I did a hell of work in this game alone regardless  of the music,sprites
That doesn't change the fact that A LOT of the materials are copyrighted. You can make a much lighter game by removing these stuff.
This is another sign that you haven't really read people's comments. See:
EDIT: Why the F**K do you have an 86mb music.vox file.  That is truly ridiculous.
4)true - true but I really do read'em it's just I cant see were I went wrong in my topic(s)
Read them AND listen to people's suggestions. That's all I can say.

I'm feeling tired... And it's just the morning of a working day...

Icey

Quote from: AngelicCharon on Thu 03/06/2010 03:18:58
Richter Belmont : Die monster! You don't belong in this forum!
Dracula : It was not by my hand that I am given so much attention. I was called here by posters who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter Belmont : Tribute? You steal men's intellectual properties, sprites, music, videos, and make them your slaves!
Dracula : Perhaps the same could be said of all game's.
Richter Belmont : Your words are as empty as your soul! Forumkind ill-needs a creator such as you!
Dracula : W-w-hat is a game creator? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...have at you!
that's it im so tried of this sh!t had it with people thinking I'm a monster(All though i consider myself as a GOD) but that's jut leoth speaking. like i said before this is my last square game & as for pmq.4 it will be the only one with square stuff like chocobo's

cosmoschange

Icey

Quote from: Gilbet V7000a on Thu 03/06/2010 03:38:34
Quote from: icey games on Thu 03/06/2010 03:03:03
Then you need to try harder. The main problem is, people are used to the simplicity of training games of newbies. They wouldn't mind if these games are really small and simple, but you're upsetting a crowd by bloating your game with unnecessary (, non-original and illegal) stuff and claim that it's all your own work.
[I AM NOT CLAMMING SQUARE ENIX, I'M JUST USING THERE CHARACTERS![HOW I KNOW I'M NOT CLAMMING OS BECAUSE I PUT THERE LOGO IN THE GAMES]
2)ok, I see what you are saying but I did a hell of work in this game alone regardless  of the music,sprites
That doesn't change the fact that A LOT of the materials are copyrighted. You can make a much lighter game by removing these stuff.
A LOT OF THE STUFF WAS ME, IT MAYBE HARD TO TELL BUT IT WAS ME
This is another sign that you haven't really read people's comments. See:
EDIT: Why the F**K do you have an 86mb music.vox file.  That is truly ridiculous.
Read them AND listen to people's suggestions. That's all I can say.

I'm feeling tired... And it's just the morning of a working day...

I MUST BE READING'EM IF I RESPOND TO THEM

Icey

Quote from: cosmoschange on Thu 03/06/2010 04:03:10
WELL WELL, IF IT ISN'T THE CREATOR OF GEAR BLADE [SPRING 2011]

Icey

contents removed by moderator

Darius Poyer

had this gone sufficiently out of hand for a lock or ban yet mods?

Icey, after all I've read here, you are just too young it seems. Just step back, wait a few years, then see if maybe you have worked some of this stuff out. Perhaps at some point you will be able to make a real game, but that is definitely not right now. Take some time Icey.

Charity

Quote from: cosmoschange on Thu 03/06/2010 04:10:11
Hello faggetsyou need to shut up & eat a fuking dick because yahll faggets talking about games suck butyou guys suck dick why don'tyou nerd ass fagets go somewhere and fuk yourself wirddo ass fagets you fageet go problemms keep talking shit & ima kill all ofyou

Ah.  Welcome to AGS, Cosmoschange.  Not sure you're helping your friend's case much, though, if that was your intention.  

Clearly there has been criticism of Icey's games and posting style here, and some of it has been much harsher than necessary.  Mean spirited, even.  It is noble of you to come to his defense, but all you have really accomplished here is to make yourself look like a homophobe.  It is unlikely that you are truly willing and able to follow through with your death threats, which makes it look as though you are posturing--that is, attempting to make people think of you as more dangerous than you probably are.  People do see this, and it will probably make it difficult for them to take you seriously.  Your insults were also a bit generic--they don't make you look superior by any metric I can think of, nor are they creative or personal enough to be either funny or offensive.

Icey has been slow to adapt to some of the rules and norms on this forum.  A lot of people have become frustrated with him for that reason.  It's an unfortunate situation.  I don't personally think it is necessarily beyond remedy, but a lot of people do, and there have already been calls to have him banned.  By showing up here and hurling about blanket insults on his behalf, you are further damaging his reputation and lending credibility to the calls of people who want him removed.  If such happens, Icey will lose access to one of the best resources there is on learning to use AGS, if indeed he still intends to continue using it.  So when I say you are not doing him a favor, I do not mean that as a personal insult--I mean that your choice of actions could quite literally be a contributing factor in real negative consequences for him.

neon

:D
Very entertaining thread... and I still don't know what this game is about. I just know that it seems like it isn't worth downloading.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk