Sprite Jam (2nd-16th June) Gene mutation! Over! Awards!

Started by Jim Reed, Wed 02/06/2010 22:08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Reed

Post apocalyptic gene-mutated monsters are roaming the surface!
The scarier the better!
Draw me one! Or two!

I will post trophies when I make them here:

Yes, you guessed it, trophies for everyone, as allways. =D

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Thought I'd make a few to get things started with a little help from the NES palette.

In 2052, The MUTOID Wars take place, as a bioweapon unleashed on the world has unexpected side-effects on some of the survivors!

From left to right:

1.  Early attempts by researchers in Hazmat suits to study the MUTOIDS end in failure, with many of the scientists' suits being compromised.  They have become BRAINOIDS, retaining enough intelligence to serve as leaders for large groups of MUTOIDS.

2.  People using Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and especially body builders prove particularly susceptible to mutation, turning into gigantic hulks with excessive growth resulting in bones thrusting through the flesh in random locations.  These are called ROIDS.

3.  Many people infected simply become generic MUTOIDS with various physical growth abnormalities.

4.  Some women have mutated into fierce ARACHNOIDS, with bizarre bone growths that they use for movement and to spear hapless survivors.

NsMn

Man-eating plants, Mutants & Co Laboratories recently tried creating a human-like creature by cloning an ape with a dolphin. Unfortunately, the result didn't turn out to well as there was a Trojan in the cloning software super computer. The company will soon replace their old version of Norton Antivirus Evil Lab version with the shareware version of AVG to prevent this.

1x      3x

The mutant is currently running for the first game character produced by Nintendo and SEGA.

SinSin

When nano technology mates with an ant ....

Currently working on a project!

NsMn

Quote from: Jim Reed on Thu 03/06/2010 09:00:10
Quote from: wonkyth on Thu 03/06/2010 06:42:44
I'll give it a try.  :P
Words are not sprites =P

You'd think - but the thing is that wonkyth's entry is a sprite mutated to be text!

Jenn

This is just too fun.

Scarab

The people of the village of Khan Szu initially thought nothing of the factory that had been build upstream.
That was.. until they realised that they could not drink the water anymore...

Gameboy restrictions.  :)

Nice entries so far, everyone.

Jenn: I love that tree! :D Shame it's in the same image as that mutated pregnant woman... which scares the hell out of me :P

Pixelton

Jenn...thats pretty damn horrid...but I love it!
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Anian

Sometimes you'll kill to survive...sometimes it's just for fun.
This is a badly drawn, pretty ordinary, purple skinned, canibal woman and just to have any shot at a trophy - she's naked. She's pretty tired after eating and hunting and slowly going to sleep, it's almost dawn after all.
She enjoys long walks among ruins of cities, inflicting pain and carnage but hates people who don't recycle.

Basically me practicing "pixel art" and my new tablet, and only done in that cheap Windows paint, low vs. high tech. This is no excuse, just sort of an explanation.
But there are a lot of thropies, so I'm counting on there being less than 9 entries.  ;D
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Jim Reed

Don't worry about trophies, I can allways draw more!
Thanks for the entry, and the ressurection of the compo, as interest died 3 days ago.

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Xellie

When the mutation spread to hospitals, the weird growth hormones had especially horrific effects on new-born babies...

Damien

KrisMacDee

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and you've stolen his shoes! - Billy Connelly

Jim Reed

One more day to go, chip in while you can.

Jim Reed

Thank you all for participating!

Gold:
NsMn - I just love it!

Silver:
ProgZmax - MUTOID (the third one), awesome!

Bronze:
Anian - Naked women, what can I say?

Red:
Jenn - for the guy with the gun.

Green:
Damien - Attention to detail.

Blue:
Scarab - Animated!

EGA:
SookieSock - Made me laugh =)

Shadow:
Xellie - One scary sprite!

Paper:
SinSin - It really came from the desert.

Bone:
Wonkyth - No one actually knows what is it. But hey! =)

Some trophies look bad on a transparent BG, (Silver, Green, Bone) so you might put them on a dark BG for your sigs.

NsMn, congratulations!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk