Cross-over and re-working help

Started by LRH, Mon 07/06/2010 02:24:38

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

So Matt has made this ever-so-lovely BG (still in progress):

Which puts my original to shame:

Now, I don't know if/how etc. I'll be putting this together, but if I DO want to use the backgrounds in his style, the sprite of James doesn't work at all, both considering the sprite size and just the look itself.

Does anyone have suggestions or could possibly make an example of how to make the sprite better 'fit' the environment?

vertigoaddict

maybe make him a little less symmetrical or angled. At the moment he's standing up like a soldier, he's in kids form. you can make him put his thumb in his mouth or something when he's not moving.

Matt's version has a slightly different perspective methinks (I'm no expert, but that's what it looks like)

put a dot at the very middle of Matt's BG and try to figure out the perspectives by drawing lines, connecting to the various objects, then apply as close as you can that perspective on Jame's sprite.

Brentimous

The 2nd guy was my first attempt, and after copying/pasting him into the background, I still felt he didn't fit. So I reworked a few minor details and gave him some very basic shading, and now I think he's usable. Still cartoony, but usable. Hope it helps.

Matt Frith

It is indeed a slightly different perspective.  I didn't want to change it too much, so just tightened up some of the lines.  Now to do the moonlighting...

Brentimous: That is a really nice reworking I think.  I think Domithan will be pleased :D

LRH

Indeed I am :D

That looks great! Now all I have to do is make my own and animate it...

:P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk