"Create Voice Acting Script" Error

Started by TheJBurger, Thu 10/06/2010 00:05:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJBurger

I keep getting an error when trying to use the "Create Voice Acting Script" from the drop down menu. I've run Auto-number speech lines first and that went through fine. However, when choosing the Create Voice Acting Script I get this error:

Code: ags

Unterminated string in script

I posted about this before here, but I didn't find a solution, unfortunately. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Pumaman

Looks like the editor is getting confused by a string in one of your scripts somehow. If you'd like to upload the game files I can trace the problem and find out why.

TheJBurger

I've sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it, thanks!

Pumaman

Thanks for uploading, sorry for the delay responding.

It looks like the voice acting script parser isn't ignoring commented out lines, so the commented out line in your Dialog 44 Script:

player.Say("The

is confusing it.

Remove this line completely and try again, meanwhile I will fix this for a future version of AGS.

TheJBurger

Thanks! That fixed it.

I noticed that some--but not all--of the commented out lines (at least in the dialog editor) are still assigned voice numbers -- is that normal?

Sslaxx

Sounds like it's related to the initial issue you were having?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Pumaman

Grim

Consider me another victim of this bug... I'm searching through all the rooms looking for a commented line that contains unfisnihed player.Say command... but there are so many lines I really can't find it;( Is there a better way of tracking it down?

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Grim

I'm thinking that it might be. I've read all about it before, but while it will not number the speech files for me, it probably will make numbering them by hand much easier.

I've managed to produce a txt file speechref. that's got all text from the game numbered in it. At least that's better than nothing. I can use that for recording voices and reference, and then number speech lines in the game manually... With Speech Center I might not have to look for text that's spread out everywhere- if it does what it says on the "cover" I will have an easy access to all speech + playback option...

I still wish there was some way to fix this...

SpeechCenter

Feel free to drop me a line to tell me how it goes.
I assume the txt file contains the commented line and I also assume it's sorted by script file. If that's the case, try sorting/filtering in the plugin per file and see if the txt file reports more lines than the plugin. It might just help find that rogue line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk