Love the Adventure - Hiring Voice Actors and someone with a Tablet

Started by goldensox, Thu 17/06/2010 06:36:37

Previous topic - Next topic

goldensox

After some pretty long time, failed projects, expectations, some trips on new states of mind and alotza other stuff... I'm back, and this time I don't present you remakes or horror, or anything between the two.

Now, my friends, I present you to

Love the Adventure

The Story:

What is love?

Love is about Love.
Love is about Family.
Love is about Passion.

Love is about...
Love.

Love is a ghost, trapped somewhere, the Inbetween, in between lives - The Real Life and the Afterlife.

Love wishes he was alive. He used to love his life, but now he lost it, and the only way to go back to his beloved life is to gather 5 moonflowers hidden on the In Between.

Will Love live again?

You tell me.

Some screenshots:

Development Progress:

Story: 25%
Scripting: 0%
Graphics: 10%
Sound/Music: 30%

Expected completion date: Christmas

Development Diary:

June 10
The idea came to my mind after watching a fan made video of Kettering, on youtube. The video was made using Adobe Flash and Scribblertoo.
Decided to make a deep, sentimental and reflexive, and minimalistic, adventure game using Scribblertoo and AGS.

June 11
Made the final character design - A little coward ghost called Love-, also created some sceneries and sketched the first mission.

June 12
Some more character designs. Done some animated tests to see how well the Squigglevision effect would apply on the game and the effects are simply gorgeous.

June 15
More character design, hired a bro to make one of the histories. Worked on the character's backstory and set some art guidelines. Resolution is now set to be 800x600 in grayscale. The game will use Squigglevision animation for everthing interactive and for the characters.

June 16
Created Snowby, the Ice Cold DJ, a huge snowball who'll serve as sound test to people.
Some songs by Moby were kindly given by the man himself.

June 17
Removed the Mask from the final design of Love.
Made some promo art.
Made the thread on AGS forums.

June 18
Made a new scenery, the Bridge of the Cliff by the Lake. Posted it on the wordpress site.
Made some new concepts and hired a new artist to help me do the graphics.
More info can be found @ lovetheadventure.wordpress.com, but it'll be compiled here very very soon.
Faster than a doughnut, stronger than cardboard.
                                                                    -Wario

fireapache

If you need actors voice, i can help...

anyway... good game theme... interesting.  8)

Ubel

This looks and sounds fantastic. And voice acting might be fun!

ddq

So, wait. Just for clarification, is the title supposed to mean Love: The Adventure or Love the Adventure, where adventure is the direct object? Either way, it looks great!

straydogstrut

@ddq I think it's meant to be Love - The Adventure as that's what's on the blog, and you could read all the 'love is about..' sentences as talking about the game itself. So the main title of the game is simply 'Love' as I understand it.

Nice idea goldensox, I really love the graphics=)

Just messing around with Scribbletoo is very easy on the eyes. Very zen.

goldensox

Quote from: fireapache on Thu 17/06/2010 18:08:01
If you need actors voice, i can help...

anyway... good game theme... interesting.  8)
I currently need voice overs for children and for some old folk. Either way, you can contact me @ jsneto777@hotmail.com and I will see how you can help me :3

Quote from: Pablo on Fri 18/06/2010 21:41:23
This looks and sounds fantastic. And voice acting might be fun!
Contact me if you're interested in doing some voice work. Thank you for the fantastic :3

Quote from: ddq on Fri 18/06/2010 22:00:23
So, wait. Just for clarification, is the title supposed to mean Love: The Adventure or Love the Adventure, where adventure is the direct object? Either way, it looks great!
It's an ambiguous title.
It can be the adventure of Love, the ghost.
It can be very own adventure that loving is.
It can be a game called Love.
Let your imagination decide.

Quote from: straydogstrut on Fri 18/06/2010 22:18:03
@ddq I think it's meant to be Love - The Adventure as that's what's on the blog, and you could read all the 'love is about..' sentences as talking about the game itself. So the main title of the game is simply 'Love' as I understand it.

Nice idea goldensox, I really love the graphics=)

Just messing around with Scribbletoo is very easy on the eyes. Very zen.
The game will be release as Love the Adventure. I explained early on this post why.
The Love is About sentences talk both about actual love and the game, also called Love.
I'm working on those graphics with a lot of passion actually. The squiggle effect is simply gorgeous and scribbler is capable of some pretty beautiful illustrations. I choose it because I'm not very good at drawing, and it's a quick way to achieve the mood that the game requires.

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 19/06/2010 00:26:37
I like this. Please finish.
Okay, doing :3
                                                                    -Wario

goldensox

The design is 95% complete. Game production has now begun.

Still needing voice actors and someone with a tablet to help me with the art.
                                                                    -Wario

Chicky

I wish i had the time to help you finish this. Hopefully someone else will, don't give up Goldensox!

deadsuperhero

I have a pretty decent microphone, and would be more than willing to do some voice work. ;)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Stupot

This looks nice.
I play a lot of flash games with a similar vibe to this.
The art style is cool, with all the lines and stuff.

Keep it up GSox ;)

Roryfox

LSD and you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk