Looking for a vector based indie shoot'em up

Started by Khris, Sat 19/06/2010 13:37:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

I can't for the life of me remember the title, thought it was something along the lines of infinite ammo but, no.

It's a shoot'em up similar to Asteroids, but you can extend your ship by adding cannons everywhere; all ships are made of squares and triangles I believe, and the bosses were huge, showering the screen with bullets and rockets, and you could take them apart shape by shape.
The graphics were green lines on black background, iirc.

I believe the bosses were generated randomly so you could literally play forever, this might be hinted at in the title, not sure though.

Does any of you know the game?

Thanks for reading!

CodeJunkie

Matti

Quote from: CodeJunkie on Sat 19/06/2010 13:43:07
Sounds like one of Kenta Cho's shooters.  Tumiki Fighters?

Green lines on a black background ?  ;)

Khris, I think I know the game you're talking about, but ain't sure about the name either. If I hadn't uninstalled it some months ago I could tell you..

Radiant

Khris

CodeJunkie: No, it's not as colorful, pretty much green and white lines only, iirc.

Mr. Matti: I'm pretty sure it's still somewhere on my hard drives, but thanks to countless folders with downloaded games, it's hard to find :)

Radiant: Heh, almost :)

EDIT: I just found a game, WARNING FOREVER.

I must have mixed it with another one though because one can't upgrade the ship.

smiley

Matti

Quote from: Khris on Sat 19/06/2010 16:09:05
EDIT: I just found a game, WARNING FOREVER.

I must have mixed it with another one though because one can't upgrade the ship.

Yeah, I was thinking of another game too. It looks VERY similar to Warning Forever, but doesn't have all the fancy effects.. and you could upgrade/design the ship(s). I wonder what the name of that game was..

Radiant

Quote from: Mr. Matti on Sat 19/06/2010 16:42:52
Yeah, I was thinking of another game too. It looks VERY similar to Warning Forever, but doesn't have all the fancy effects.. and you could upgrade/design the ship(s). I wonder what the name of that game was..

If I recall correctly, the author of WF made several other games, perhaps this is one of them?

Matti

Yeah, it may have been Battleships Forever, though I'm not sure since I haven't played it much.

Crimson Wizard

I remember playing NetWars when I was at school.

No, it's definitely not the one you seek.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk