stUPIDs oF America: Mystery of a Bad Guy | New screenshot! & Updated story info!

Started by Benworks Creations, Thu 01/07/2010 01:15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Benworks Creations

These are early in-game screen shots, final results may differ.

The Overview:
When the town's trash comes up missing one day, 13 year old Peat M. Vault is on the case! To restore peace and trash through out the town and to solve the Mystery of a Bad Guy!

The story:
When a homeless man is tired of being judged, spit on and called a monster by the children, he decides to prove himself a unique individual by stealing the towns trash to create something the town will never forget.
When 13 year old boy Peat M. Vault watches the news reporting  of the town's missing trash he's on the case...well after he does his chores. When Peat questions the children at the local park, He finds out that what he is looking for is one of the creatures from the horror stories he has heard of so many times. The one about the creatures that come out at night and roam the streets hungry looking for flesh food! or is it fresh food?

- Explore the town of "Stupid Vill" and meet interesting characters
- Do Odd jobs to collect trash
- Wash dishes!
- Rap battle for some trash!
- Fully Talkie Version
- Defeat an evil foe!

Background Art - 92%
Characters&Animation - 60%
Programming - 82%
Soundfx - 60%
Voices - 5%
Music - 0%
Story - 100%
Puzzles - 66%

Public Demo Percentage - 85%

GUI&Animation game test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqkivldPMc

People on project:
Just my self for time being. Done the art and code. Will be doing the main character voice and several others.

Hours spent on project per day:
5 to 6 hrs.

http://games.benworkscreations.com/

This will be a commercial game and a demo will be released when voices are recorded.

Based on the characters from the comic
"stUPIDs of America"
By Benjamin Shepherd
(C)1999-2010, Benworks Creations. All Rights Reserved.

Contact information:

Other then here you can reach me at..

the_crow_20062000@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=650017423

Game intro in comic strip form available here (right click, save as):
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2366/soaintr.png

ddq

Wow, looks really ambitious! So you wrote the comic first, and now you're making it a game? Sweet! I'll keep my eye on this one.

Benworks Creations

Quote from: ddq on Thu 01/07/2010 04:07:12
Wow, looks really ambitious! So you wrote the comic first, and now you're making it a game? Sweet! I'll keep my eye on this one.
Yeah I made the comic somewhere in 2002 I believe and started work on the game in 2008. Been off and on the last two years and now I'm working on it every free second.
Thanks!

kconan

I really like the color scheme; looking forward to this one.   8)

Kelma

I'm really hooked on the art style!  It looks really cool

Benworks Creations

working on getting the demo ready. The demo will be short but at least it will give everyone an idea how it is. I'm really excited about getting this done. My first game so I'm crossing my fingers!

Cyrus

Jeopardy

I'd like to read the comic as well.

The one concern I have is that your story is very reminiscent of a book/movie called "The Stupids", I'm not saying you're ripping them off intentionally and obviously I haven't played the game, which looks like loads of fun and I can't wait to try it out. Good luck with the project, love the artwork.
Jeopardy Games "The Totem of Souls" Currently in production
The Other Side of the WORLD my webcomic

Benworks Creations

Oh wow I didn't even know that movie existed. lol Don't worry I have a completely different plot. I will post one of my comics here shortly for everyone.
I hoping to have to have a few new things posted by Monday. Thanks everyone for the support means a lot!

Benworks Creations

again that is so weird I looked up that movie and it is so funny that their trash was stolen. Damn. It's okay though. At least my game is going a totally different direction....I hope. lol weird. I'll be posting an SOA comic by Monday. It won't be "Mystery of a Bad Guy" but will be one of the other comics in the series.

Benworks Creations

Benworks Creations

A Glimpse of the Mysterious bad guy!

Benny & Jairo the Get Gas employees

Gravity

Really digging the art style and you got a interesting concept overall. It reminds me of something... just can't put my finger on it... oh well, it's probably nothing. Good luck with this.

Benworks Creations

The intro to stUPIDs oF America: Mystery of a Bad Guy will be posted Monday in the form of a comic strip.

Benworks Creations

Benworks Creations

Web site is up but still in progress! I'm heading off to work. When I come home it will be updated!

Benworks Creations

Benworks Creations

been taking a few days off to spend with the wife. Be back to work on S.O.A soon!

Digital Mosaic Games

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk