Fortnightly Writing Comp - Diary - [Voting ends July 29th]

Started by Stupot, Sun 11/07/2010 23:59:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Okay, I'm pleased to announce this fortnight's FWC theme:

The Diary

Write an entry for a journal or diary, and write it in the words of a famous person of your choice.

It could be someone from current pop-culture, or a famous historical figure, an author, or sports personality.
Anyone, basically.

Word Count: whatever.
Deadline:  July 25th.

For a bit of extra fun, don't announce who your famous person is just yet.  We can turn it into a fun guessing game aswell.  But at the end of the day it is the quality of your writing that will earn you the votes.

Have fun!

Atelier

Reserved.

Can't think of anything.

uncle-mum

Gravity

Also, define famous. Everybody has different views on whom may be famous. Also, do fictional famous characters count?

Stupot

Anyone, basically.

The main thing is the writing.  What's your definition of famous?  Go by that.

Forget about the guessing game, I just threw that in "for a bit of extra fun"...  ::)

denimtrousers

Here's my entry. I like the idea of a guessing game, so you'll have to figure this one out for yourselves.

Been out of school for eight months now. Would have been all right if I wasn't in hospital getting my eye repaired all this time.

Georgie hit me pretty good. Bloody ring of his caught me right in the eyeball, too. He's an all right bloke; a bit thick, though. He started the whole fight, all over ... what was her name? Lisa? Liz? Liza? Hmm. Well, doesn't matter so much now.

Missed a lot of Konrads gigs whilst away. That's no good. But at least I had my sax, and I picked up a bit of guitar as well. Singing doesn't require much vision, so I worked on that as well. The nurses really fancied that.

Here's to hoping more gigs come along soon.

Right, I'm off. I never was too sure what to put in journals.

Stupot

5 days left folks!
Frankly, I don't wanna be known as the guy who killed the FWC, so a few more entries would awesome. Go on,  Humour me....

... fuck, I've missed The Simpsons again :-(

Oliwerko

I couldn't think of any real person but wanted to enter. Not sure if this qualifies, but anyway, here it is (there are hints to guess):

Watching

Entry 132, Aug 12, 1974, Apartment

I’m tired.

I had to lie to my girlfriend again. I can’t tell anyone about what I do. To hell with a job like this. Who am I to hide all my life?

I feel like someone is watching. What’s worse is that I don’t know for sure. It’s just a feeling. And that feeling is exhausting me a whole lot.

I didn’t sleep last night, again. I keep looking around when I’m out, I keep listening and watching my surroundings and still feel there’s someone watching me. It’s eating me again.

I shouldn’t have gotten into this business. If I wouldn’t know how to watch others, I wouldn’t feel being watched in the first place.

Oh what. Getting paid for watching others is shameful enough, the fear is the price.

Dualnames

[Watchmen]

Rorshach's Journal October 2nd .985

Today a young girl pointed me at her mother, like I was her next toy present, but her mother turned her down instantly.
It was like she was actually expecting such reaction from her daughter.

I was on my way to the junkyard, alone in the dark, lost in my thoughts.
It's hard to believe but the smell of the junkyard always makes me feel more like home.

At least I know where I stand there.

Its true identity.

It doesn't wish to be hidden.

It's not fake.

The city smell always chokes me.
The stench coming from the sewers.
The perfumes of the hookers.
The fake smiles that everything is all right.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

Thanks for the entries so far.

Any more  for any more?

5 hours left

Gravity

Dualnames gets my vote. On a side note, why don't I ever enter anything in these comps? Ah, maybe next time.

We are voting now, right?

Stupot

Quote from: Gravity on Mon 26/07/2010 22:55:09
We are voting now, right?

Yep, sorry I forgot... :(
Voting open people.

Dual gets my vote too.

Oliwerko

Stupot

Looks like you've won DN.
Congrats dude.
I pass this flickering torch unto you.

Dualnames

Ah, shit forgot to vote.. :( Oliwerko would get my vote.
Well, thanks Stu, and those who voted for me. ;)

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

denimtrousers

Congrats, Dual.

Mine, by the way, was David Bowie before he became famous after his eye injury. I couldn't figure out Oliwerko's, though.

Dualnames

Quote from: denimtrousers on Thu 29/07/2010 09:01:36
Congrats, Dual.

Mine, by the way, was David Bowie before he became famous after his eye injury. I couldn't figure out Oliwerko's, though.

DAVID BOWIE? :o

I'd never guess (I wasn't aware of the injury)

Oliwerko

Mine was fictional, so if you haven't seen the movie it's pretty much impossible. It's Harry Caul from The Conversation.

denimtrousers

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 29/07/2010 09:07:30
Quote from: denimtrousers on Thu 29/07/2010 09:01:36
Congrats, Dual.

DAVID BOWIE? :o

I'd never guess (I wasn't aware of the injury)

Yep, that's why it looks like he's got two different eye colours. Really, he just got punched during a fight over a girl with his friend George Underwood. Now his pupil won't reduce.

The funny thing is that he and George are still friends, and the girl (Carol, not Liz or anything like that) sort of remained by the wayside.

Quote from: Oliwerko on Thu 29/07/2010 09:13:52
Mine was fictional, so if you haven't seen the movie it's pretty much impossible. It's Harry Caul from The Conversation.

Nope, never seen it. I have no excuse for it, though; Coppola is a brilliant director, and Hackman an equally brilliant actor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk