King's Quest IX

Started by King Alexander, Tue 13/07/2010 23:40:54

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hero

ok  all this is ripped even amy's narration the dialogue and music  from TSL!!!
I will wait for you in heaven

King Alexander

Quote from: The Hero on Wed 25/08/2010 05:11:05
ok  all this is ripped even amy's narration

No it isn't. There's a lot of new stuff in the demo. We have new hall backgrounds and Graham animations. The narrator will be replaced as soon as we have a better one.

LuciferSam86

The demo remembered me the old good times :) very good work!
For now i don't have any criticisms... I will wait the next demo...

and for now very good work guys  :=
God is Real, unless declared Integer

King Alexander

Quote from: merlin86 on Wed 25/08/2010 10:22:52
The demo remembered me the old good times :) very good work!
For now i don't have any criticisms... I will wait the next demo...

and for now very good work guys  :=

Thanks for the kind words Merlin.  :)

kindofdoon

How are you planning on creating backgrounds that are not contained in KQVI, such as the courtyard?

King Alexander

Quote from: kindofdoon on Thu 26/08/2010 20:16:20
How are you planning on creating backgrounds that are not contained in KQVI, such as the courtyard?

Let yourself be surprised. :)

maingroup

the demo looks great. keep 'em comin'  ;D

King Alexander

Quote from: maingroup on Mon 30/08/2010 08:10:30
the demo looks great. keep 'em comin'

Wait until you see Demo II. That one will blow your mind, that's for sure.  :o

Here's a little appetizer.

agentbauer

That looks really great, I was a bit disappoint when played Demo I but I think Demo II will be very interesting.
When do you think, demo II will be ready?
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

King Alexander

Quote from: agentbauer on Tue 31/08/2010 13:27:44
That looks really great, I was a bit disappoint when played Demo I but I think Demo II will be very interesting.
When do you think, demo II will be ready?

Demo II is already finished. It will be released at the same day as Episode 2. We want to use the remaining time for making more old style close-ups like the one above. They will be the icing on the cake of Demo II.

Dexter

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! you guys have brought me back  a good number of years , this is GREAT work.  I only wish that Activision would hire you guys on to create these and get paid for it.  I can see that the Team has great passion for this.

Keep up the great work.

cakeboy256

I don't get this - you guys obviously know how to do the programming part of things, why steal the story, the writing, and the audio from another team that's been working on their own project for almost a decade?  Can't you come up with your own original work?

OK that sounds a bit harsh after re-reading and I don't mean it to be.  I really am just curious.

The Hero

why do it when all you have seen is the prologue? also i don't see how people here can  humor  this all this is is plagiarism with downgraded KQ5 graphics  you even  have to wait for thr REAL CREATORS  to make EP 2 before you continue  if going to make a KQ IX fine but have respect for the time and effort being spent on making TSL there are a lot of improvements based on both positive and negative feedback given coming in EP 2 and on if you wanna make a game MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINAL
I will wait for you in heaven

Darth Mandarb

Okay ... this is getting out of hand.

I'm not going to lock this thread because it doesn't break the rules.

For those of you (fanboys or just irritated) who are posting the negativity because of allegiance to the original source material just relax a bit and stop posting in here.  You aren't going to dissuade KQ1X-Team to stop their development (if anything you're making them more eager) and you're just clogging up the thread with off-topic negativity.  I'm not taking sides here but nobody posts this kind of "why are you doing this" nonsense when somebody remakes... say ... police quest or space quest.

I do not want to start pruning these posts but I will if it continues like this.  If you, for whatever reason, take offense at this game and feel the need to voice that, send KQIX-Team a PM to let him know and leave this thread alone.

cosmicr

well I'm looking forward to it. keep up the good work.

splat44

Quote from: Nikolas on Tue 24/08/2010 18:40:57
I'm not impressed!

(I'm trying SO hard to get this thread locked...) ;D Does it show?

Nikolas, seeing you posted such comment and seeing is your first one here, how can you expect this to be locked without possitive comments on your first post here? Though that I am not the moderator, I am sure that Darth will have same concern as I have!

Please leave POS alone! Can you see how they overcame hinderances!
Take a break!

By the way KQIX-Team, I am looking forward in playing with demo!

Peder 🚀

Looking forward for demo 2!

deadsuperhero

Played the demo, was heavily disappointed to see that it's just inside the castle. That being said, I actually really prefer it in this style. I also like how the interface has been modified, a nice touch.

Really looking forward to Demo II and onwards.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

King Alexander

Quote from: The Hero on Thu 02/09/2010 19:14:36
all this is plagiarism with downgraded KQ5 graphics

Here comes another downgraded screenshot from the game. Enjoy yourself!

maingroup

very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk