John Sinclair- Voodoo in London(NEW DEMO!)

Started by Digital Mosaic Games, Sun 17/01/2010 20:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Mosaic Games

I thought we should continue with the Title-Screen-Stuff in the Critics Lounge:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40640.0

Opinions to the game or anything else can still be postet here!!!

Digital Mosaic Games

Hey guy,

The new Demo is almost finished!
Only the voice of a little role and acutenesses are absent.
Here is a little foretaste(Trailer):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0oSQN0Dp5w&feature=related

btw: the Soundtrack you hear in the Trailer is also the MainTheme of this game.

question: Can I create an other thread for the new Demo?

Digital Mosaic Games

after hours, days, months...
proudly presents...

THE NEW DEMO!

Please post constructive Feedback, wishes and your oppinion to the game!
I tried to keep the Story of it more like in the Horror-Novels(JS is a Horrornovel-Series). The style is still "GK-y". Additionally we´ve tried to use moody, orchestral Music like in Broken Sword. Now you can test the result. Have Fun!

Screenshots:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15L13f7jEEg

Download-Link: CLICK HERE!

Sslaxx

Is there an English translation for this? I'd like to play it, but right now my connection is pretty crappy, and I don't want to download a game I'd not know the language for.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Digital Mosaic Games

Sorry...not yet. But if the game is completed there will be english subtitles, sure(maybe english Voiceacting). I don´t think the puzzles are too difficult. Maybe you solve them. But at least you must know it ;)
But I can´t wait to hear what you think about it.

agentbauer

Cool demo, reminds me of Gabriel Knight 1(Interface and graphics) and I loved that game.

My feedback so far:
Pros:
Really great old school adventure, very close to the good old Sierra Adventures(did I mention before that I love these games??)
A very nice story flow( but I'm not so far) I'll update when I'm through the demo.
The graphics are very good drawn, if you did all of them yourself you are very talented!
The interface is good, but to keep the open/close and the use icon, you might think about dropping the open/close and only have the use icon.
But thats only my personal opinion, if you like the open/close then keep it!
The GK Style questioning system is great, I like that very much, I hope that you implement some dialogue puzzles.

Cons:
The sound and the music is not so great, the voice acting is very unclear and I think the music could use some polish.
(if you want, I can help you with the music, you can pm me in german)
In some screens I have a green dot in the left upper corner, not always, but in the Select screen f.e.
What I also do not like is the Ben Jordan sprite for John Sinclair, I think it would have been better to either redraw him completely or use the GK1 Sprite and modify it(I think the GK sprite was the best possible VGA Sprite ever drawn)

And I need your help, I'm already stuck in the kirche:-)
How can I distract the pfarrer and get rid of the beggar? ;D

If you want some more details I can send that via pm.
Keep up the good work.
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

splat44

Quote from: NEON-GAMES on Mon 12/07/2010 20:25:09
Sorry...not yet. But if the game is completed there will be english subtitles, sure(maybe english Voiceacting). I don´t think the puzzles are too difficult. Maybe you solve them. But at least you must know it ;)
But I can´t wait to hear what you think about it.

Yes, I am download new demo using new link that you provided above and will comment

I know the original post was updated in saying new demo is available, however, download link from original post leads to old demo.
I recommend you update download link so old file be removed by uploading compile.rar
It will make easier to all.

Regards

Edited on Aug 2, 2010
Woa! Well done and it great you enable autosave and I did finish demo without any hints!

However, I did found a scrip error while pressing "Laden" button without selecting actual game's file:
Spoiler
Here the error:

in "GlobalScrip.asc", line 2337

Error: ListBox.SaveGameSlot: index out of range
[close]

We can bypass this error by selecting actual file to be loaded and everyhing is working.

Recommedation:
When user press "laden" button without selecting a file, include a message!

Edited on Aug 9, 2010

In addtions to above bug I've found, I caught another bug but this a logical one (see below)

Spoiler

Underground from church, while using all batteries on flash light before solving slide puzzle, the exit point doesn't shows until I look on ground again!
[close]

I've replayed this area but this time by solving slide puzzle, the exit point shows right after using those items mentioned above on flash light.

Recommendation:
Spoiler
While using batties on flash light before solving slide puzzle, I recommend have exit point show up after solving this puzzle at this point
[close]

Again, what an improvement in story and especially those graphics and I certainly looking forward to game completetion!

Thanks

fischkopf

maybe you should not call the first chapter "der anfang" cause its obvious that it is the beginning. xD

Digital Mosaic Games

Quote from: fischkopf on Thu 12/08/2010 20:39:38
maybe you should not call the first chapter "der anfang" cause its obvious that it is the beginning. xD
The first novel of the horror-series was "Der Anfang" so I thought why not. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk