The Devil's Shroud

Started by antrules, Sun 18/07/2010 09:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

antrules

Leonard Ketmeier is a medieval history professor, as well as an expert on satanism. One day he receives a letter  requiring his presence  at the S. Michele abbey: a monk has been found beheaded in his cell and strange signs have been drawed with blood on the wall close to the corpse. This is the start of an adventure that will bring Leonard to go into an investigation becoming more and more dangerous and worrying as
necessary and urgent.

Six years of production, 180 rooms, 190 items to pick up, use and combine, hundreds of riddles to solve.
This and some more is

GarageGothic

Congratulations on completing it! I remember following the game's progress for quite a while, so it's great to see it finally released. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to try it, but I'm looking forward to it!

david

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congratulation on this one

this is great news

downloading immediately

Cogliostro

SIX YEARS?!?!?!?  Normally the idea grows stale and gets dropped after one year.  If the game/idea/story continued to inspire you to keep at it for that long, I'm AMAZED! 

Downloading now.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

CaptainD

Looks very interesting - all four parts downloaded and ready for playtesting!  ;D

Romeo

Congrats...impressive graphics!! I'm going to download it

ch33rio

Are you SERIOUS??? I was afraid Leo was gone forever... this is such good news!

peter

When i look on street outside de hotel at the door next to the hotel door i get this error.

"room 2 script line 443
cannot display message with extended characters in SCI font"

You need to import a TTF font ???

sthomannch

Absolutely hot game, like the previous ones. Congratulations!

Cogliostro

Antrules,

Okay, normally I like to give useful feedback.  Encourage people here, point out glaring problems there, and generally help them along with producing better games.  However, because of the huge difference in time when you created the first game and when you created the last game, I'm going to do this a bit different.  If only because some of the problems in the earlier games were cleared up in later games.

Spoiler

#1 - Congrats, you finished your first game.  Nice use of the notebook, but otherwise a typical first game.  Several long boring runs from one end of the game to the other in an attempt to convince the character to actually pick up the item we need.
#2 - Wow!  Big change in the size of the game.  Big change in level of complexity and scenes.  Favorite puzzles: the maze puzzle was good, the cow and the seagull wer both funny, and tailing Guiseppe was nerve wracking and very cool.
#3 - I've only just witnessed the death of the third monk, but I wanted to give my impressions before my memories of the first games were clouded with opinions of #3 & #4.  Switching to black and white add amazingly to the atmosphere.  Use of night scenes, ditto.  And THANK YOU for including the map so we can zip across the town when we need to. 
[close]

My only complaint that runs through games 1-3 is the lack of a tool bar.  Bugs the hell out of me.  (Pun intended.)

Anyhow, I thought a massive game like this deserved a lot more attention and a lot more commentary.  And I will add more after I've finished parts 3&4.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk