∞ bit

Started by Vince Twelve, Sun 08/08/2010 08:11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

That was intentional.  I thought most platformers (even Super Mario Bros unless I'm mistaken) had variable jump heights depending on how long you hold down the jump key.  I can only think of a handful of mostly older platformers off the top of my head that have pre-set jump heights such as Manic Miner.

And actually you'll need that variable jump height to get past some jumps that need high jumps and some that need low jumps (because of overhead spikes).  It probably does make the game harder that way, though!  And yeah, it's a tough game!   :=

Although, I can't say whether or not my implementation is any good!  It felt correct to me, but of course I was the one playing it everyday for a month and never had time for any real outside play testers!

Snake

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Fri 13/08/2010 22:44:53
That was intentional.  I thought most platformers (even Super Mario Bros unless I'm mistaken) had variable jump heights depending on how long you hold down the jump key.
You are correct, Vince. Mario Brothers had the variable jump heights. Variable jumps heights are the best way to go ;D
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Anarcho

dude, i'm just watching the demo on you tube and this is simply awesome.  I love it. 

Where does the music come from?  Did you make it yourself?  I am so inspired.

Great job!

Logan

Vince Twelve

Thanks Logan!

All the music is by Wyz!  He PMed me to volunteer for the job and I'm glad he did!

Try the game out and let me know what you think!

Storygamer

Amazing work as always, Vince.  The fact you managed to do this with AGS is a testament to your ability.  The game's a bit hard for me so I don't know if I'll finish it, but I'll certainly try!

Wyz

Quote from: Anarcho on Sat 14/08/2010 01:19:21
Where does the music come from?  Did you make it yourself?  I am so inspired.

Yes, thank you! Inspiring, wow. :D The music is actually inspired on the game, I've played the alpha a few times, already a tune started to form in my mind. So the ingenuity and creativity of the game are reflected in the music too.

Still playing ;)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk