Nimbus! - AGS Steam - PreAlpha release

Started by Calin Leafshade, Wed 18/08/2010 16:23:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Mods on Thu 31/03/2011 19:50:08
Trust Calin to change its cool manly name to a silly girly name  ::)

Sure you don't want to put "RM" before "Nimbus", too? :P

Nambus Pambus?

Stupot

m0ds

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 05/04/2011 03:08:46
For those who are a little bit thick *cough* mods *cough*. I've made a nice installer package for Nimbus that can be found on the agsarchives main page. It even adds a start menu thingy!

http://www.agsarchives.com/

(I hope it works)

*Calinleafshade is a bit thick

Thanks Mr Poultry - I'll give it a whirl asap!

QuoteNambus Pambus?
Definitely sounds like part of a woman :p

tzachs

Tried the new version, it looks good and worked very well.

I'm missing outlines on the borders of the window when it's not maximized.

I'm also missing a minimize button. I thought that the cloud on the top left is maybe the minimize button, so I double clicked it and the application closed.
And that's when I had two downloads going on in the background, and when I re-opened Nimbus they were gone.
If remembering the downloads is not a possibility, then maybe consider adding an "Are you sure?" dialog if you try to close when you have downloads. And if the cloud is really supposed to close the application, then I would add a tool tip that says that.

Ishmael

Quote from: tzachs on Fri 15/04/2011 13:17:03
And if the cloud is really supposed to close the application, then I would add a tool tip that says that.

No need really, any application closes if you double click the icon in the top left. But I do agree on the confirmation if you have downloads going.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Calin Leafshade

Something pretty from my dev machine:

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Kweepa

Indeed!
But look at that hideous scroll bar!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Calin Leafshade

Stupot

Have you thought about adding the capacity for custom skins?  That would be a cool (if not entirely necessary) feature.

Calin Leafshade

Already done. That *is* a custom skin.

Stupot

Ahh I gethcha! The lad is always one step ahead :)

Stee

DRM next. Nimbworks.

And a Nimbus Wallet.

Maybe better to actually have some agreement with commercial devs first though.

Still prefer the Nexus title. Nimbus reminds me of the shit PC things we had when I was in primary school.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Calin Leafshade

WHAM

This idea seems great! Can't wait to get to add my own games to this one day.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Peder 🚀

WHAM

Oh... I was not even aware of that website, the anly AGS archive I knew about was the AGS games database. :D
I will be silent now, and just wait for the proper Beta release or something.

In any case: this seems just awesome!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

TheRoger

I really like this um.."thing". Now i don't have lots of zip files and folders on desktop. But there are few problems: Can't change language in config (it shows only default). And sometimes it crashes when I quit game (e.g. A day in the future).

A part from error message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawRectangleI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef pen, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pen pen, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pen pen, Rectangle rect)
   at Nimbus.Controls.BorderlessWebkit.OnPaint()
   at Nimbus.Controls.BorderlessWebkit.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Calin Leafshade

hmm ok, thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it.

Buckethead

I've been using Nimbus to catch up on some games but I've noticed that it doesn't always show if I've played a game. Several games in the list still mark as "Never played" while I've fired them up and played a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk