[PLUGIN] Joystick / Game controller support! v1.2.0

Started by Wyz, Fri 20/08/2010 19:43:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Yes that's the real current name of the exe file. Me and my friend are using the same project file. I dont have any other extra files apart from agsjoy.dll and a .dat file.

@Wyz: My apologies. When the saved game was made a joystick was plugged in.

Now my friend on his version is trying to load the game without joystick and he is getting this error message:

I also just realize that this exactly the same problem we had two years ago: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55164.0

Wyz

Ah yes, this is a rather generic error something along the lines of: "You tried to use an object that no longer exists". Could it be the same problem as before? Have a look out for any piece of code that might use a Joystick object that is invalid (so .Valid() would return false). There could perhaps something in repeatedly_execute that runs before the game restore event has a chance to do checks; I don't exactly know the order of events in AGS. There might still be a bug in the plugin though; just checking. :)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Vincent

Quote from: Wyz on Mon 08/04/2019 16:48:30
Ah yes, this is a rather generic error something along the lines of: "You tried to use an object that no longer exists". Could it be the same problem as before? Have a look out for any piece of code that might use a Joystick object that is invalid (so .Valid() would return false). There could perhaps something in repeatedly_execute that runs before the game restore event has a chance to do checks; I don't exactly know the order of events in AGS. There might still be a bug in the plugin though; just checking. :)

The problem seems to be really similar to the one we had some time ago. I remember that the problem was fixed when you shared a new version of the plugin. I am still using the new version of the plugin which you provided so I am sure that we are using the latest version of the plugin but now it doesn't seems to work anymore for some strange reasons. My friend pointed out to me that somehow the numbers that come out in the error message are different from those reported two years ago.

Indra Anagram

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night to all AGSers!

People, does anyone have all this plugin versions and tutorials? The links in the original post lead to Google Drive page that doesn't allow me to download anything, saying I've got no access  :~(

Please share the files or a working link to the repository. I've read there were modified versions made by other developers, but I'm talking about the original versions that work in AGS Editor 3.1, 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5. Not so sure about mods  :-\
Did the old man and woman abuse Gingerbread Man?

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Indra Anagram on Tue 09/08/2022 14:04:32
People, does anyone have all this plugin versions and tutorials? The links in the original post lead to Google Drive page that doesn't allow me to download anything, saying I've got no access  :~(

Hey, I don't think this is actively developed anymore. Your best bet might be to instead use this plugin developed by Dualnames.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk