Zombie King

Started by kconan, Tue 07/09/2010 17:41:19

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

Ridiculous backstory: He was originally designed as a genetic super soldier, and shortly after was bitten by a zombie.

His legs work for me, so I'd like any kind of critique on his upper body.  Thanks!

Igor Hardy

Looks awesome... except for the head. The head looks uninteresting and tacked on after being removed from another drawing.

Anian

Is this more zombie or genetic super soldier "modified" (as in gains extra power from it) by being a zombie?
Cause he doesn't look very zombish, except for the green skin, which could be from being super soldiery. Maybe a bit of deteriroration in the flesh and armour Maybe make his helmet half broken and exposing either that his jaw has fallen off, his eyes are deadlike or something along that.

Why head looks tacked on, is probably due to different colors and less, noticable, details from the rest of the clothes plus, helmets are usually in this settings connected to more evolved and high-tech armour like a battle suit or exoskeleton.

You also might wanna make less generic axes, maybe more reasitic and less medieval. Maybe just one blade and spikes on the other side, maybe a knifelike blade tied to a stick etc. Just to make the design less generic and more interesting.
Or give him one axe, that is too large and thus slows him down but also makes he's swings seem more powerfull, and thus you're connecting the strenght of a super soldier with a zombie slow movements. Two axes are usually wielded by fast characters which also have to have blades that make axes less likely to get stuck into something (while 2 bladed axes are more likely to snag onto something).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

kconan

He controls zombie minions that look more "zombie like" with gnashing mouths and flailing arms.  He's supposed to have a bit of intelligence.

All excellent points...Thanks guys for the input.

The axes are very generic.  I'll consider changing them to something more interesting.

There does need to be some deterioration, he's a little too clean cut for a zombie (even a slighty smarter than average one).

The head looks tacked on because it is.  I'm thinking of having the helmet fall off at some point when he's injured to reveal a hideous mug underneath.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk