A RainDog Story

Started by keekee71, Mon 13/09/2010 05:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

I spent hours by trying to distract the security guard from pier oil, but now I run out of ideas, even if I have a lot of (strange) items in inventory with lot's of choices. A little hint avaliable?

Meanwhile I'll do a little more pixel-hunting, maybe I'm lucky by chance  ;)

btw - Since I used the magnifying-glass the first time, the „look at“-icon from the cursor changed into this picture!?
Gameplay still seems to work, but it's a bit confusing, having the picture of this magnifying-glass two times (1. as inventory-item and 2. for the command to look).

Eli

Tabata, Romeo, hi!

When  I used the magnifying-glass the inventory-item disappeared so I used another saved game and never used again that item.

???

Romeo

Hi Eli:

That should be the last bug of the game...at least it's been the last one reported by a "second bug-tester". So, I have to advice you on not using the magnifying glass on objects or hot-spots (although it could decrease your gaming pleasure). Sorry but doing all myself has been really, really hard. In chapter 4 you just have to give the magnifying glass to a person, not using it on something. In chapter 5 you'll have to use it on an inventory item.
Cheers,

P.S.
Did anybody catch the crow? Ajajaj  ;D
Good luck...

Tabata

Hi,

I got:
Spoiler
wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, pick lock, subw. ticket, coins, car keys, empty bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, mathildas photo, tin cup/cleaning cloth, remote control/batteries, envelope, cheque, petrol hose, white paint, lobster cage, fish net, key (restaurant), key (petrol oil), magnifying-glass, beam, town map, hand cart
[close]

I have some ideas about
Spoiler
cheque ~ Mr. Irving; petrol hose ~ nozzle; fish net ~ crow; key (petrol oil) ~ padlock
[close]
but no action is possible right now, because I have to do something before this or I'm missing something.
I did a lot of other actions, like to switch on and off the spotlight, but I think that's a red herring (if not only items, but also actions are allowed to be called this).

What's driving me crazy is: I can't get rid of the security-guard and need to know the model of the airplane which I want the
Spoiler
veteran to fly
[close]
„grrrrr“

Romeo:
Your game is awesome.
I can live/play with the two magnifyin-glasses. But maybe we have to talk again later about the point of making a fool of ourself while trying crow catching  ;)

Aussiebloke81

Well I'm stuck once again. Am up to the harbour bit, have no idea how to cross the pond to get the key off the hook near the sleeping booking clerk, don't even have the airport on the map and don't know how to distract that guard. And I don't know how to get the hand cart off that kid outside the shop. Apart from that at the harbour I have talked to the guitarist and the fisherman, have gotten the net and the lobster cage. I wonder is there anything I have to do to that fisherman carrying the heavy load? Anyways any hints would be much appreciated, I may find out for myself what to do but otherwise I await for answers if I am hell bent stuck.

Have to say this is an excellent game, very very challenging!!!

keekee71

Quote from: Romeo on Sat 02/10/2010 17:59:03
Hi Eli:

That should be the last bug of the game...at least it's been the last one reported by a "second bug-tester". So, I have to advice you on not using the magnifying glass on objects or hot-spots (although it could decrease your gaming pleasure). Sorry but doing all myself has been really, really hard. In chapter 4 you just have to give the magnifying glass to a person, not using it on something. In chapter 5 you'll have to use it on an inventory item.
Cheers,

P.S.
Did anybody catch the crow? Ajajaj  ;D
Good luck...

Yes I have. but I'm stuck tring to enter warehouse, gettin clerk to wake up used beam but that didn't work  and gettin rid of sercirty gaurd, gettin the model of plane          what a good game congrads

keekee71

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sun 03/10/2010 00:52:06
Well I'm stuck once again. Am up to the harbour bit, have no idea how to cross the pond to get the key off the hook near the sleeping booking clerk, don't even have the airport on the map and don't know how to distract that guard. And I don't know how to get the hand cart off that kid outside the shop. Apart from that at the harbour I have talked to the guitarist and the fisherman, have gotten the net and the lobster cage. I wonder is there anything I have to do to that fisherman carrying the heavy load? Anyways any hints would be much appreciated, I may find out for myself what to do but otherwise I await for answers if I am hell bent stuck.

Have to say this is an excellent game, very very challenging!!!

go back to the police train station you will see a lady

Aussiebloke81

Quote from: keekee71 on Sun 03/10/2010 06:01:44

go back to the police train station you will see a lady

I did that but there is no lady at the police train station.

So far I have in inventory: wallet, guitar, gauzes, scissors, lock pick, town map, train ticket, truck keys, coins, cheap wine bottle, pole straps, crows nest, members pass, Matilda's photo, beam, remote, envelope, cheque, batteries, paint, petrol hose, tin cup, cloth, lobster cage, magnifying glass, pier oil key and fish net. Am I missing anything?

At the harbour I have talked to the fisherman and to the guitarist and to the guard, I have picked up a lobster cage and a fish net. Back at Mr Black's office I've picked up the pier oil key and the magnifying glass.

Is there anything I haven't done yet for that woman to appear at the police train station?

Cheers
Troy

Tabata

Hello again,

is my english such bad  :'(, or was it a bug in my game, because as I told before: To get the key near the sleeping clerk, I just had to
Spoiler
grab it (If you wake him up, he would notice that, so you better don't  ;) )
[close]

About the airport
Spoiler
Did you notice the advertisment in subway-station about the free flying-lesson?
[close]

I'm not one step further, than before  :'(. I still can't distract the security-guard.

Nobody there to help us all with this guard?

Romeo

Hi everybody and thanks for the compliments about the game,

Tabata:
I still can't understand how you picked up the restaurant key from the lodge!! :o I tested the game 10 times and also all the other players can't pick it up...please tell me, cause it seems to be a bug but a strange one...
About the crow I can help you with a hint: try to think that you can't play the guitar in the street...but some music could help the crow to get closer. The crow can't fly and the fisherman lost a fly fish. Only after entering the warehouse you'll find a way to distract the guard.

Keekee71:
congrats for catching the crow!! That was the hardest puzzle in the whole game. Hint: to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock.

Aussiebloke81:
Maybe you didn't go to the airport: the fastest way to reach Blackwell island is a plane. Do you remember the flight school name?

Regards,

Tabata

Quote from: Romeo on Sun 03/10/2010 14:05:07

Tabata:
I still can't understand how you picked up the restaurant key from the lodge!! :o I tested the game 10 times and also all the other players can't pick it up...please tell me, cause it seems to be a bug but a strange one...
About the crow I can help you with a hint: try to think that you can't play the guitar in the street...but some music could help the crow to get closer. The crow can't fly and the fisherman lost a fly fish. Only after entering the warehouse you'll find a way to distract the guard.

Regards,

Uuups ~ so I'll try to explain my "difficoult" way of catching the key: If I remember it right, it was about the second time I came to the pond and did a little pixle-hunting. So I saw the key when Tom stands near the pond. Then I simply used the "hand-Icon" on the key. Tom goes in the direction of subway-station (It looks, like he goes behind the hut of the clerk to steal the key, while standing on the stairs) and the scene changes to subway-station. First I thought, I didn't hit the target and went back. But then I saw, that the key is missing now and - ta,ta,taa: It was in inventory.  
I'm not really sure, but maybe this all happens after my "cursor-changing" fom the "look at"-command (because of the bug with the magnifying-glass I told about). Maybe it's better to start this chapter all over again?

Hopefully it helps you to go on with the research.

Thank you very much for your helping ...
and SORRY to all of the others, I was irritating with my wrong hint. ::)

EDIT:
I just dit it again (hi, hi) + would it help you to get the save-game (immediately before taking the key)?

Aussiebloke81

Tabata:

Keekee71:
congrats for catching the crow!! That was the hardest puzzle in the whole game. Hint: to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock.

Aussiebloke81:
Maybe you didn't go to the airport: the fastest way to reach Blackwell island is a plane. Do you remember the flight school name?

Regards,

I am unable to go to the airport because it simply doesn't show up on the train map nor the town map even after looking at the flight school advertisement at the police train station.

I've now just gotten the key from the booking clerk lodge, initially it said I had to get inside the booking clerk lodge but when I moved Tom further to the front left edge of the pond Tom walks down into the subway as mentioned and the key is in possession. Seeing it's a bug I guess getting the key was suppose to be at a later stage in the game???

Tabata

Quote from: Aussiebloke81 on Sun 03/10/2010 17:30:20

Aussiebloke81:

Regards,

I am unable to go to the airport because it simply doesn't show up on the train map nor the town map even after looking at the flight school advertisement at the police train station.

I've now just gotten the key from the booking clerk lodge, initially it said I had to get inside the booking clerk lodge but when I moved Tom further to the front left edge of the pond Tom walks down into the subway as mentioned and the key is in possession. Seeing it's a bug I guess getting the key was suppose to be at a later stage in the game???

airport
Spoiler
Have you called for the free flying-lesson? Otherwise Tom don't know the adress (and it can't show up on the map)
[close]

Eli

you said "to enter the warehouse you now need a coke to corrode the old and rusty lock"

I have been looking for a coke 2 days... where can I find it?

I went to the airport but there is not any way to know the characteristics of the airplane in order to obtain help in the subway... or I didn't see that?

This game is really nice and I´m having a very good time playing it.

Sorry my English but my mother tongue is Spanish... I´m chilean

By and thanks to all you that have helped me!

Aussiebloke81

Thanks for the hint Tabata, I didn't even know you can type names of places to call on the pay phones, thought you could only dial numbers, that's me not reading the instructions given hahahaha.

Anyways I have now been to the airport, am unable to fly the plane due to no fuel, as for that veteran at the Harbor train station requesting the plane's model number, I have been unable to get the number as when i look at the plane Tom says something like he hopes he can fly it properly. I pixel hunted for anything else on the plane but to no avail.

I have also now helped that old lady at the police train station and have gotten a pack of chewy from her, swapped it with the kid for his toy cart.

Backtracking to the sleeping booking clerk at Harbor station entrance, as it seems getting the key straight away from the hook without having to do anything to cross the pond means there's a bug in the game. Does this mean that I'm gonna miss a few vital parts of the game and get forever stuck or does it not matter all and I can just keep going along with the game?

Now I have to somehow get a hold of a screwdriver to get that coke dispenser at the restaurant open, any ideas where to find a screwdriver?

Eli

Aussiebloke 81

Hi, I think the screwdriver is in the storeroom  at the Harbor because of that I need the coke!!!

Thanks you

Tabata

Hi everybody,

I think, we're all stuck at the same point and have to wait for Romeo to tell us if and how to go on.

I also couldn't awaken the clerk  (to get the key „officially“) and don't know, wether we can go on further without doing it the right way.

The only thing I found out during the meantime is how to manipulate the members-card. So I became an official member. But every time I put it back into inventory, it changes to originally. So I couldn't show it to anybody.
???

Romeo

Hi,
Ok...maybe the game is a little tricky..
about the screwdriver: you need it to open the coke's dispenser at the harbour. You could find it in the hardware store but it's closed. They work for emergency repairs and elevators maintenance only (as written in the note). So you have to damage the elevator electrical system at the st. John hospital station (use picklock on elevator button to make a short circuit) and wait for the workers to go to repair it. Then interact with the worker by the toolbox (but only when the train is coming (otherwise the workers will hear your steps) to steal the screwdriver. Go to the harbour and use the screwdriver on the dispenser to unlock it. Then interact the dispenser to pick up a coke. With the coke you'll be able to corrode the warehouse's lock and if you caught the crow and you have the key you'll finally be able to enter the warehouse...
Tabata: if I'll make a new game I'll ask you to be my bugs tester...you have a special ability in finding bugs... ;D . Anyway it's not the right moment to manipulate the fishermen's card...

Eli

Si abbastanza difficile direi io ma mi piace molto, é divertente et anche fatto bene. Ti ringrazio e felicitazione! Per favore fa un altro!

Tabata

Hello Romeo,
thank's for the flowers ;D, but I'm shure, it's impossible to guess every possible try, that an desperate gamer will do. You made a large game with a lot of detailed puzzles and we are having a lot of fun playing it! So  you did a very good job!

Now I will test your hint - thanks a lot for helping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk